PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Trigger: How Light?

HYPER
10-03-2002, 07:45 AM
I had a thread like this before concerning the potential negative effects of an excesively lightened trigger. Will it hurt rate of fire since there is less return force?

I just played last weekend with only one magnet and one oring spacer underneath. The trigger ripped. I was thinking of putting another spacer to lighten it even further but felt the need to confer with AO first.

Has anyone here put more than one oring spacer between the magnets? Since the cavity is big enough to hold 4 REM's, Im guessing that it can thus hold 3 oring spacers and one return magnet. Has anyone tried this?

I was also thinking, rather than putting an REM in the cavity, why not just put a basic piece of metal that the trigger REM can attract to. That way the return force will be completely dependant on the trigger REM rather than a combined effort of the trigger and frame REM's

Oh gosh Im getting all excited now.

LMK All.

-Hyper

Pand0ra
10-03-2002, 08:33 AM
Yes I tried, and I don't like it. It's way too light for my taste.

Here's a few reasons why, at the end, I came back to 2 magnets:

Safety: The Emag used to fire when I walked. Not good at all, especially on the field, where I could put a paintball in my foot just by moving the Emag around.

Gloves: There's almost no tactile (sp?) feedback when u use that kind of trigger with gloves. I don't like it. I shot a few times just by moving my fingers around the trigger.

Bounces: Needles to say, the recoil of the marker makes the trigger fire more than once per pull. Very bad.
I even made it bounce so much (with the old bolt) that it was firing by itselfs lol.

Rate of fire: My rate of fire decreases when I use a very light trigger. The trigger doesn't come back fast enough.

Now I'm not saying a heavy trigger is good either. it's just a question of taste.

@++

oneshot
10-03-2002, 09:52 AM
Other

when I had my emag I had one magnet with 4 pieces of paper and it ripped, I will have it the same way when I get my extreme.

Emagster
10-03-2002, 03:27 PM
i use 4 magnets because i have to have a good return force. I'm gunna try it with what your all talking abut, but i doubt i will like it, but who knows.

Emagster
10-03-2002, 03:36 PM
i use 4 magnets because i have to have a good return force. I'm gunna try it with what your all talking abut, but i doubt i will like it, but who knows.

yeahthatsme
10-03-2002, 07:29 PM
i would use three if i had an e-mag with lvl 10.

cphilip
10-04-2002, 02:08 PM
I Like two magnets all alone. Plenty light for me.

EnW
10-04-2002, 08:03 PM
I have mine set up with two spacers and two magnets.
I have it with a spacer in first,magnet,spacer,and the last magnet.
I have tried several ways and that is my preference.Plenty of return and light enough to hammer on!

kilaueakid
10-05-2002, 12:23 AM
1 power tube(I think) o-ring....1 magnet.........:D

Very easy to "walk" and extra-special in hybrid mode;)