PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Out, Guys - Online Store

AGD-OfficeGal
10-03-2002, 12:21 PM
On every invoice for orders from our online store, I put a note giving the customer number and asking the customer to put that customer number in the store's order message field on any future orders.

To date, about 3 people have actually done that.

What happens too often is, one time a customer gives his name as Michael and the next time as Mike, and I wind up setting up the same person with two different customer numbers.

So PLEASE - if you get an invoice, READ THE NOTE and note down your customer number. In future this number will also be used for Return Authorizations. It's YOUR unique Airgun Designs customer number!

Thanks,

Marcia

hitech
10-03-2002, 12:26 PM
Marcia,

This is what my invoice said:

Thank you for placing an order with Airgun Designs today.
Please allow 2 to 5 days for your order to be processed
and shipped. For faster checkout in the future please
retain the following username and password.

USERNAME: Larryxxxxx
PASSWORD: xxxxxxx

x's are "replacement" characters, of course. I will include the user name next time. :D How's the back?

TNS2k2
10-03-2002, 01:29 PM
Can you now sent to Canada?

Halliday
10-03-2002, 02:40 PM
I was one of those 3!
I have a little post-it note on my comp with my AGD info.
"Lancexxxxx
xxxxxxx" so I have it on hand when I order.

Easy.

AGD-OfficeGal
10-03-2002, 03:31 PM
Sorry - I'm not talking about the confirmation sent by the store, I mean the invoice that actually comes to you in the package with the products you ordered.

No, we still cannot ship to Canada through the store. Software limitations - sorry!

Marcia

wyn1370
10-03-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by AGD-OfficeGal
Sorry - I'm not talking about the confirmation sent by the store, I mean the invoice that actually comes to you in the package with the products you ordered.

No, we still cannot ship to Canada through the store. Software limitations - sorry!

Marcia
Maybe you should include it on the confirmation email. Or make a login on the store that will include the customer #, fill out the address and allow you to change personal information.
I personally never read the invoices except to check the price and items. I've have had you guys give me my customer number over the phone a few times and to this date still don't know what it is.

hitech
10-03-2002, 03:38 PM
Sorry...I mean the invoice that actually comes to you in the package with the products you ordered.

Gotcha. :D I'll look at it when it comes today. Thanks.

TNS2k2
10-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Yeah i know Marcia, this is Casey, whom you sent the video to. you should get the new software to allow Canadian customers to get products that the stores here do not have.

AGD-OfficeGal
10-03-2002, 05:28 PM
1. There is no way to include it in the confirmation email - two entirely different systems are producing the confirmation and the invoice. The AGD Customer Number is not assigned until I receive and process your order. The only time-effective way for me to communicate it to you is on the final invoice itself.

2. We are awaiting an upgrade to the store software but I'm not sure if it's going to make Canadian shipping possible. And remember, sending product UPS to Canada means you, the buyer, would incur heavy Customs charges. When you place an order from Canada by phone, usually we can ship to you by postal service where Customs charges are less. So even if the store could calculate Canadian shipping charges for UPS, would you want it to? ;)

Marcia

TNS2k2
10-03-2002, 07:08 PM
Well i am not saying that i would constantly oreder from the US, it is just that some items you cant find here in Canada and then we have to resort on buying it from the Manufacturer. i know how much it costs for shipping to canada from the US. why can't they just get along and send things free :p

hitech
10-03-2002, 07:18 PM
And remember, sending product UPS to Canada means you, the buyer, would incur heavy Customs charges.

I thought Canada was part of NAFTA? They are not? :confused:

beam
10-04-2002, 11:59 AM
Not to be critical or anything, but it sounds like you guys are using a B2B solution for B2C commerce. With something like a B2C e-store, you would expect to be able to just drop an item in a cart and go from there.

Are you using the same back-end for your distribution channel as well? Because treating an end-user in the same way as a distributor doesn't seem like a good idea.

Is there any way of removing the burden from the customer to enter their account number? Perhaps a quick log-in page to the store that retrieves the user and their account number and automatically populates it?

Just a couple of thoughts. :)