PDA

View Full Version : please help me i don't know which cocker to buy

triggerman
10-03-2002, 12:48 PM
please everone give there opinion as i am unable to decided. I narrowed it down to 2 but now i can't decide.

Dayspring
10-03-2002, 02:06 PM
The Emag version...:rolleyes:

triggerman
10-03-2002, 02:34 PM
HAHAHA I hear ya. I got my extreme money I'm just waiting for them to relese the thing

Iceman8446
10-03-2002, 03:44 PM
Definalty a freeflow. I got one and I love it.

Ov3rmind
10-03-2002, 03:59 PM
Freeflow, easily. You get a warranty worlds above the Orracle's and more options from the factory. Both actually can perform similarly when set up right, but I think the Freeflow is a little better because of the reasons above.

magsRus
10-03-2002, 05:08 PM
Free Flow lower operating pressure

The only reason I'd see to get an orcale is because its light

AssassN
10-03-2002, 05:28 PM
Lemme think... Freeflow.. well... maybe no the freeflow

Lemme think a little longer THE FREEFLOW!

Ov3rmind
10-03-2002, 05:52 PM
Free Flow lower operating pressure
Actually, a Freeflow's operating pressure is on the higher end (higher than a Orracle's, I believe) for Cockers. However, their cycling pressure is extremely low.

FutureMagOwner
10-03-2002, 06:11 PM
freeflow is better by Zounds imo and recommend it all the way! its a much more customer based thing and fine tuned for you!

i-luv-my-rt
10-03-2002, 07:56 PM
Many freeflow's also have lower operating pressures now with the new tungsten hammers. They are both close in operating pressures but the Flow's bolt pressure is about half of a stock Oracle. I've always loved free-flows and now being sponsored by Pro paintball it makes it even better. There a straight up sweet store with awesome service. I'm not saying the oracle's are bad but for the money Flow's are the way to go.

TNS2k2
10-03-2002, 08:21 PM
This is gonna sound so bad, but i really dont like free flows all that much, personally i thing that it is alot of hype. they are great markers, but so many people are recommending them. why dont you try something that alot of people dont have, i like Sonics for instance. Mac-Dev has alot of great parts on them and looks sweet too. the shocktech SFL i shot was amazing, looked nice and was light and lots of performance parts. the Free flow looks cool also. i also like the Works cockers. i am gonna get so flamed but i owned cockers and i would get something other than the free flow i have shot.

Ov3rmind
10-03-2002, 08:42 PM
Many freeflow's also have lower operating pressures now with the new tungsten hammers. They are both close in operating pressures but the Flow's bolt pressure is about half of a stock Oracle. I've always loved free-flows and now being sponsored by Pro paintball it makes it even better. There a straight up sweet store with awesome service. I'm not saying the oracle's are bad but for the money Flow's are the way to go.
Yeah, the new ones do have a lower operating pressure since the Tungsten hammer was released. For the most part though, the operating pressure still isn't incredibly low (doesn't really matter anyway though).

On the subject of other good Cockers for the price: The Shocktechs are nice. They're very smooth, light weight Cockers. Above all else though, I would recommend a Revenge V2. They're small, light weight, pinch paint, carry a lifetime warranty, operate on a very low pressure, have great efficiency, and have plenty of options straight from Splatt Attack (slide or swing trigger, ano, milling, Sidewinder length, barrel, and high or low rise). Plus, they come with Palmer pneus (your choice of LPR though) and all AKA internals. The pneumatics are also set up more smartly than a standard Cocker (LPR acts as front block screw, 3-way positioned in the middle of the block combined with an enclosed timing rod. This encourages better flow to the LPR and keeps your 3-way timing much safer since the timing rod is almost impossible to bump).

Lone Brain Cell
10-03-2002, 08:59 PM
I'ts up to you, but if it were me I would buy the one that AGD makes:p

Pile & A Half
10-08-2002, 08:08 PM
Free Flow all the way. I must admit they have to be one of the best Cockers out there. Wish I had the money to buy one :(. Maybe some day!!!:)

InfinatyBPS
10-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Have you considered that powerlyte "cocker"?

RetroEclipseMan
10-08-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

Yeah, the new ones do have a lower operating pressure since the Tungsten hammer was released. For the most part though, the operating pressure still isn't incredibly low (doesn't really matter anyway though).

On the subject of other good Cockers for the price: The Shocktechs are nice. They're very smooth, light weight Cockers. Above all else though, I would recommend a Revenge V2. They're small, light weight, pinch paint, carry a lifetime warranty, operate on a very low pressure, have great efficiency, and have plenty of options straight from Splatt Attack (slide or swing trigger, ano, milling, Sidewinder length, barrel, and high or low rise). Plus, they come with Palmer pneus (your choice of LPR though) and all AKA internals. The pneumatics are also set up more smartly than a standard Cocker (LPR acts as front block screw, 3-way positioned in the middle of the block combined with an enclosed timing rod. This encourages better flow to the LPR and keeps your 3-way timing much safer since the timing rod is almost impossible to bump).

Yeah i would have to say that the Revenges are the way to go if you wanna spend the money. With the new LE bodies out for them the milling is a lot better and also makes the gun a whole lot lighter than the older V2 Merlin Bodies. My friend just got a new LE with a hinge and boy does that thing rip. I don't know about it pinching paint since I chopped once on it since I'm not used to a trigger that doesn't have much bounce to it but we were also using paint that was a year old and that also had a broken ball in the bag so it goes to show that it's incredably easy on paint. If i had the cash I'd get one for sure unless i could get an extreme.

petefol
10-08-2002, 09:57 PM
if you want a nice looking one i would get the KAPP flame cocker. i'm not sure how good the internals are but if there not very good you could always sell them then buy better parts.

Blazestorm
10-09-2002, 01:58 AM
Plus if your revenge breaks I can take it to the experts at the splat attack store and field cause I live where they are :D

i-luv-my-rt
10-09-2002, 07:22 AM
His pole was based on the Freeflow or the Oracle. Thats why i said Freeflow.

If i was to get any cocker it would be the new Evolution's those are the best cockers, IMO. They have the best internals with extremely low cocking pressure and are very fast. They have the best triggers on the stock and they look hella sweet but there a little bit pricey. All the high end cockers are close but there are little things that set each of them apart, you'll have to find the one that fits your profile.

sniper1rfa
10-09-2002, 08:42 AM
well, were i to buy a cocker, it would be the stock vert feed cocker. but thats just me...

of those two, i like the oraccle (how the heck do you spell that!?). ive never shot a freeflow, but the orracle (maybe that??) is a very nice gun with good parts selection.