PDA

View Full Version : How Much Should i Pay?

Brak
10-03-2002, 06:32 PM
someone i know wants to sell me this:

-2001 autococker
-shocktech front end

-and i think a new barrel and maybe foregrip+remote

i haven't made an offer yet, and im wondering how much should i pay for it all? i need some responses quick!

FrAuStY
10-03-2002, 06:36 PM
You want a quick reponse?

With everything listed, i personally wouldn't pay more than $550 for everything you have listed. Then again.. I wouldn't buy a used autococker anyway..(again personal) If you're looking for someone that knows about howmuch a cocker of that genre should be..I'd suggest waiting a little while longer.

Honestly... you should save your money and buy a mag and a nitro tank. Then..you'd have a gun that could consistently outshoot that cocker anyday of the year. ANNDDD you wouldn't have near as many problems. Good luck...

RusskiX
10-03-2002, 08:06 PM
Couple of points to consider:

1. New RF cockers can be had for $330, yours will be used.
2. Shocktech pneus are nice but not necessary
3. Stock cockers come with a WGP inline regulator, NOT a foregrip...big difference. Depending on what kind of regulator comes with it WILL affect price.
4. A good aftermarket barrel will also affect price.
5. Are you really going to use the remote?!

With that said, I'd offer $400 tops, but you really haven't provided enough info for an accurate appraisal. Stock internals, grip frame, reg, barrel, hopper/nitro included?

Good luck

Brak
10-03-2002, 08:10 PM
i told you pretty much all he told me. ill have details soon, but im just lookin for a ballpark offer. im going to have to shoot it and take a look before i do any buying though

*ArKfEaR*
10-03-2002, 09:13 PM
if your calling the pnuematics a front end. Please dont get a cocker... tx.

Kevmaster
10-03-2002, 09:47 PM
assuming the barrel isnt something specail, i wouldnt top 300 with just this info. the shocktech front aint gunna make the gun any better.

TRIAD
10-04-2002, 01:50 PM
The thing is, most 'cocker owners think they can get oodles out of their 1K + gun with all sorts of shiny goodies thrown on. The truth of the matter is, performance is what counts. So, some super-tricked colored gun isn't going to do any better than one with a few upgrades. I'd check out the classifieds here on AO and pick up a 'mag. Be sure to use 3rd party, of course. The 'mag, with level 10, will not chop paint. A Retro/Intelli setup, which I run, will allow you to rip. I wouldn't get a right feed gun. Vert feed for no-warp or left feed for warp (assuming you're a righty). Or get a HR 'mag and warp it. But right feed just kind of stinks.

*ArKfEaR*
10-04-2002, 02:16 PM
TRIAD. Maybe he doesn’t want a mag. And btw, you have also don’t know anything about cockers. Most mag parts are cosmetic wise, chrome and black.... Besides level 10 and a barrel what are true upgrades. Intelliframe, double trigger frame... comes stock with most guns nowadays...halo warp... not true parts. Retro valve possibly?

And a truly tricked out complete mag can come out to 1k too... so don’t talk. (speaking of shiney? fade anno? powdercoat colors CHROME chrome AND MORE CHROME ... you contradicted yourself)

And cocker owners like matching and cosmetic parts, regardless there are plenty of performance and cosmetic combination of parts out there anyways. There are more upgradeable and modifiable parts in a cocker the reason for they’re being so much. Don’t dissaprove of another gun cause of its different design. And my cocker doesn’t chop paint? Sure I needed to set it up and time it right, but I shoot cockers cause I like them. I don’t chop paint even if I short stroke, and cockers look nicer cause we have shiny goodies! OODLES OF EM!
:D :rolleyes:

Shirow
10-04-2002, 02:58 PM
Intelliframe is not 'just a double trigger frame'.

It's cool to be down with the cosmetics, as long you don't kid yourself that's not all they are. Dropping $500, $1000, $2000, $10,000 - whatever you want - on a gun is fine by me, as long as you don't turn around and squeal HEY DOODZ CHECK OUT MY $4000 GUN when it's $3500 of milling and anodizing, with a $400 gun and a $100 barrel.

The thing *I* like about mags, is that there isn't one (official) upgrade for them that people argue about.

Nobody would ever say 'The level 10 bolt is pointless'
or
'I don't think the Retro valve really does anything'
or
'The intelliframe doesn't really seem to do much.'

There are a lot of upgrades for other guns that people constantly argue about - whether they actually do anything or not, whether they're worth the money, whether they're just pointless eye candy.

Mags might not have a ton of upgrades, but all them are awesome - everytime you get a new upgrade, you can feel the difference. If you had a cocker and were blindfolded, could you tell which pneumatics it had on it by firing it 1000 times? If you had a mag and were blindfolded, could you tell which bolt it had by firing 1000 times? Which valve? I think so.

Just my opinion :) I think cockers are decent markers. My friend wants one, and I'm looking forward to him getting it so I can check it out. I do think (and again, just my opinion) that there is an awful lot of 'fluff' for cockers that probably does next to nothing, but is just shiny and pretty. If that's what you're into, that's cool, but when I go rip on my retro valve w/ intelliframe and hear level 10 catch and save me a chopped ball, that's worth all the shiny chrome and milled & annodized flames in the world.

Oh, and double triggers might come stock on a lot of guns nowadays... but what about cockers? :)

RusskiX
10-04-2002, 04:22 PM
Guys, let's just keep it on topic...

How much would you pay for this 'cocker setup was the original questions.

Thanks!

TRIAD
10-04-2002, 04:37 PM
This is an AGD site. AGD is the most customer-oriented company I know of. They treat us EXTREMELY well, and I treat them the same. I will NEVER, EVER support another company. I will not tell someone to buy an autococker, for the sole reason that in my opinion they do not have any advantage. 'Mags are fast, light, don't chop, and have utterly amazing customer service. What more you could be asking for is beyond me. I support AGD, they support me. It's that simple, and that final.

Brak
10-04-2002, 07:30 PM
and my post goes down the tube...

Shirow
10-04-2002, 08:13 PM
You got your replies :p Someone said $550, someone said $400. I'd be looking at around $350-400 if I was going to buy it. Happy now? ;)

Brak
10-04-2002, 08:23 PM
yes, very. thanks guys. he said he had to get it fixed and its not very accurate so i think im going to get a mag

TRIAD
10-04-2002, 10:46 PM
its not very accurate

um...yeah