PDA

View Full Version : boomstick...good barrels for the mag

windigossak
10-03-2002, 07:22 PM
hey,

im looking forward to getting a new barrel for my mag, its a regular 68 automag classic. i was wondering, has anyone here every shot a boomstick on a mag before? how do they shoot? if not does anyone have any other recommendaytions as to a good barrel for my gun? thanks guys

a_malfunction
10-04-2002, 10:25 AM
It is a great barrel. But WAY too over priced.... There are much better deals to be had. Look into a J&J, Lapco, CP, etc.... They tend to run around 1/2 the price, and shoot just as good!

TheTramp
10-04-2002, 11:01 AM
The more important question is: how does it fit the brand of paint you normaly shoot?

We use Team Colors quite a bit around here and that fits most med-small bore barrels (Boomstick included).

MINIRETROMARK
10-06-2002, 12:37 AM
I agree with a_malfunction! the boomstick is a pricey barrel you can find other barrels out there that shoots as well and half the price.

:)

someVWkid
10-06-2002, 09:27 AM
the dye ultralight is a much better barrel for the price. i personally shoot an alluminum. dye barrels dont come with barrel o-rings or nubbins tho, they went cheap on that. otherwise im very satisfied with my dye barrel, very quiet.

Coaster
10-06-2002, 09:42 AM
none of the 2 piece barrels will be as accurate as the best 1 piece barrels so.... my suggestion is to either get a lapco bigshot(medium bore) or an autospirit(small bore).

The 2 piece barrels are only quieter.

plus, lapco barrels are ~$50

BajaBoy
10-06-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Coaster
none of the 2 piece barrels will be as accurate as the best 1 piece barrels so.... my suggestion is to either get a lapco bigshot(medium bore) or an autospirit(small bore).

The 2 piece barrels are only quieter.

plus, lapco barrels are ~$50

very not true im sorry, its about the paint bore match. I did go out and spend my money on a dye and smartparts AA. Both awesome barrels but i think im going for J&J tilt? i forget the name but i use a ceramic on my spyder and it really rocked

Coaster
10-06-2002, 04:27 PM
i am going to try and find the various test results that i saw before, here is one: http://members.tripod.com/~MichiganPaintball/barrelstuff/barreltest.html

http://www.paintballtimes.com/barrelcomparison2.htm scroll all the way down and look at the chart.

sereignity_31
10-07-2002, 08:20 PM
well since the original question was asking if any of us had tried a boomstick, ill answer to that, while there are many diffrent barrels, and paint to bore match is very critical, the boomstick is a really good barrel, i currently have a boomstick with my minimag, and i shoot midnight paint, its really good, accurate, and yes it is quieter than one piece barrels, tho i do agree that there are barrels just as good, for a lower price, to answer your question, i got mine new for about 105 and i love the way it shoots and sounds, and the way it looks too. . . hope it helped. . .:p