PDA

View Full Version : Has any one shot Severe Paint?

JEDI
10-04-2002, 08:00 AM
I'm gonna be in a 3 man coming up and the paint is gonna be Severe. I heard its rather small but pretty good. (.682) Any feed back would be great. Thanks guys.

LittMag
10-04-2002, 08:45 AM
It's not bad, just on the small size. It's all we shot at the Castle Conquest at EMR.

ogre55
10-04-2002, 09:34 AM
Maybe it was just my load of paint at castle conquest or perhaps some other problems, but I HATE severe. Due to the small bore, and me not having a barrel matched for that size, the paint would drop past the detents, and into the barrel, so that I would either get a double shot or a barrel break as one ball hit another in the barrel.

Another factor could have been the fact that I was using a HALO B, which force feeds the balls, so that they were forced into the barrel.

So my opinion of Severe is not that hot.

Ogre

spacemanspiff
10-04-2002, 09:53 AM
I've used severe before at FBM when they had it and I love it. Can't really remember it being to small but it was awhile ago. Shot really nice and I didn't get any bounces with it either.

LittMag
10-04-2002, 09:54 AM
Actually, come to think of it, I did have my share of dimpled and football shaped balls which jammed my neck. The small bore did annoy me, maybe if my mag w/ warp was functional at the time it would've been bad.

As for the bounce test I'm getting 7-8-9 and 10s consistantly.

lala
10-04-2002, 11:28 AM
Ya its small bore and marks well when it brakes, like on gogs and hoppers... other wise it should be called "severely hurts paint";)

TheBigRaguPB4L
10-04-2002, 01:06 PM
Shot it at practice once, one of my teamates told me it hit his tank and it bounced. He didn't have a cover on it, so it just hit the tank straight on. Hardest paint around.

rhetor22
10-04-2002, 04:18 PM
yep, its hard. I got a case of it a while ago and i loved the stuff. It was great cuz it never chopped or broke EVER!! And people are afraid to get hit by it! :D

Shockerboy18
10-04-2002, 04:22 PM
its the worse paint i have ever used its dippled and i even took a bounce off the gogs. one time i came up on this player shot three times in the head and they all bounced to tell you how hard it was it got jammed in a tippman bolt

Brian68mag
10-04-2002, 11:30 PM
Yes shockerboy is right.
I was using a tippy awhile back and shooting severe and in jammed the tippmann bolt, pinched it without breaking.
Unbeleivable.

einhander619
10-05-2002, 06:36 PM
My RT hated it! Even wit ha well tuned lvl 10 I got some breakage in the gun, both barrel and chops. The fact that my warp hose got shot in half that game didn't help either! And the small size threw my barrel off a little, but for one reason or another, I hate it.

cris8762
10-05-2002, 07:18 PM
ok.....i use severe at all the 3 man tourneys i go to, and it rocks....

i love it and so does my impulse....i havent tried it in my mag yet, but it works real well in my impulse with an AA barrel, and works well in my teammate's cockers that have boomsticks on them(yes they bought into ALL the hype):( :D

SHAG
10-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Hi,

Personally, I have both bad and good batches. Dimpled balls are taken in account since every paint has them. From my experiences wit hServer you like it or hate it.

My personal opinion about Severe that's on the most part, it is good paint. It has broken consistently on the intented targets. It chronos fairly well. The price of the paint is usually nice. I have had some roll out. Usually it was EMR's batches of paint. When I play my dealer's private games, the batch is usually a nice size running around 688 perfect for DYE barrels.

Talking about hard paint. Proball was notorious. At 300 FPS it would literally disciagrate bunkers when shot. I would bounce off rocks and would hurt like heck. Anything further than 75 feet was pushing a break on the target.

That's my 2 cents,
Alan

Shockerboy18
10-05-2002, 08:59 PM
if nyou get cyclone its decent but the other stuff sucks really bad when it get jammed btw a tippman bolt you know thats some thick shell when i played with it we said screw it and bought a case of marbalizer

Ohms Law
10-05-2002, 09:26 PM
The home field I play at uses Severe Paintballs exclusively and it is really good stuff. No dimples, no barrel breaks and breakes on target better than paints of comparable quality. We played a 10 Man tournament recently and the paint was not a problem for anyone. I highly recommend it.

Shockerboy18
10-05-2002, 11:18 PM
you smoke to much crack

joeyjoe367
10-06-2002, 01:18 AM
I've shot this stuff quite a few times. pretty good for the most-part (doesn't break in lvl 7 mags), size is about a .689 barrel works well.

A little on the bouncy side, but this is Severe Standard i'm talking about. I don't know about if they have any other paints, or if they're any good, but I've liked the severe paint that i've shot.

magman007
10-06-2002, 02:43 AM
ok, severe standard is not, i repeat not .689. It is a small little paint, i should know, i went though 50 cases to try to find a case to shoot for the toruny we had here, nothing would fit my cp, or my stock e-mag barrel well. Btw i will have pics up soon. Standard is a good ñlittle paint tho, it is equal in my book with team colors and stuff..

Severe, now thats nice shtuff! Its my fav. THe fill is thick as glue, it breaks so unbelieveably easy, and is fun to boot! it is olny 45 bux a case. thats pretty good in my book! i think you guys have something going on in shipping or something,because each one of the cases of cyclone we had (came straight from the plant in columbia) was good

joeyjoe367
10-06-2002, 01:13 PM
Well in the couple of cases of severe that i've bought, it fits perfectly in my boomstick (.688) and a little bit loose in my Crown Point.

...I don't know if it's cuz the stuff is made here in washington (I think) and it doesn't have to go across the country, but it's fairly medium sized IMO.

j.t.
10-06-2002, 03:41 PM
All the fields around here are over stocked with Severe so I have been forced to shoot this paint exclusively just about all summer.

I have found when this paint is very fresh it will shoot decently and breaks on contact.

After it is no longer considered "very fresh paint" its awfull stuff. When the moisture gets to it, you'll be bouncing this stuff off rocks like the old Proball (boy, did I love that stuff)

I actually like the cheaper version better then the cyclone. I found it to be much more consistant (got alot of football shaped ones in the cyclone). Although the cyclone is almost impossible to wipe off because the fill has glitter in it. :D

marc
10-06-2002, 09:16 PM
iv never shot it b4, but iv heard very good things about it.

DarkPhoenix
10-06-2002, 09:28 PM
I used Severe when it first came out, it was a relatively good paint for the price and did pretty well in my E-mag till the temperature dipped and I was forced to shoot strictly JT Maxim till it warmed back-up.:D Haven't shot any since, as my store has switched to Draxxus, and since I have the Level 10 bolt in, I shoot hellfire for fun, hehehe... but that wasn't the subject of your thread:D