PDA

View Full Version : emag trigger magnet problem and solution

athomas
10-04-2002, 08:57 PM
My emag trigger magnet, the one that actuates the hall effect switch, came out of the trigger. The outer casing of the magnet cracked and the magnet became oxidized causing the outer casing to flake off.

This wasn't a big concern to me. I had plenty of magnets, so I took the screw adjuster out of the trigger, cleaned it and put a new trigger magnet in. Well, my mag ceased to funtion in e-mode. I couldn't figure it out. All tests conducted indicated that everything worked except the hall effect sensor. Further testing resulted in a find that was quite amazing. I should have realized it, but I didn't.

The magnet has to be placed in the trigger, in the proper polarized orientation, or it won't activate the sensor when the trigger is pulled. If it is put in backwards it won't work. If it is put in properly, it funtions great.

I just thought everyone with trigger magnet problems should be aware of this.

Schnitzel
10-04-2002, 10:48 PM
mine came out once too...and the casing did partially flake off, with some stuck to one side of the magnet. Like you, I didnt realize that there was a proper orientation, but I just put it as I found it, the side with the flakes in first....no problems.

thanks for pointing that out.