PDA

View Full Version : Consistency of AIR regulator

Coaster
10-04-2002, 10:26 PM
I was wondering how much change in input PSI would be needed to have the AIR have the output be 1more/less. With most regulators it is a 30:1 ratio, with the AKA sidewinder and Palmer Stab it is 70:1 Does anybody know the exact ratio for the AIR ?

Coaster
10-05-2002, 02:30 PM
come on, somebody must know this

TheTramp
10-07-2002, 10:57 AM
The AIR "valve" is it's own regulator. Upping the input pressure into the AIR doesn't have much effect You have to change the pressure on the AIR valve itself. Of course if you don't have enough pressure going into the valve you'll have shoot-down-but anything over 650 or so is going to be pretty much the same.

Coaster
10-07-2002, 11:54 AM
that is not my question, my question is: How much does the input pressure have to change so that the ouput pressure changes by 1psi. For instance, you know how your nitro tank is not 100% consistant, in that the output pressure changes as the pressure of the tank goes down.

TheTramp
10-07-2002, 12:02 PM
I see now what you are asking. I don't really know as I never let my tanks get to the point where to pressure in the tank is lower that the output pressure. Before that point it wouldn't matter as the reg would stay at the same output.

Perhaps one of the techs at AGD would know.

Coaster
10-07-2002, 12:12 PM
actually, the pressure output does change as the pressure in the tank goes down(or even up). No reg is 100% accurate, that is why it is usefull to have dual and even triple regging.