PDA

View Full Version : It's all about the flames

bornl33t
10-05-2002, 06:13 AM
Welp, I this is the first part to rework my E-mag. I took out the ol' airbrush and painted the hopper. Watch for more updates on the my all flames mag :)

bornl33t
10-05-2002, 06:13 AM
other side

bornl33t
10-05-2002, 06:14 AM
flame on

bornl33t
10-05-2002, 06:15 AM
I'm particulary prowd of how well the shells come together.. there is NO step

Reo5th
10-05-2002, 06:48 AM
Thats awesome! Nice work there heat. How did you do the masking for the silver outline?

dansim
10-05-2002, 07:18 AM
awsome man now dont forget to do your pods too i did mine and they look great

Manuel_FZR
10-05-2002, 08:53 AM
... I said it already ... gorgeous!!! ;)

Pile & A Half
10-05-2002, 09:55 AM
Thats flaming awesome. I should try that some time. It won't run off it will it if it rains or anything? I haven't messed with the stuff so I don't really have a clue. I guess its what kind of paint you use.

cphilip
10-05-2002, 10:01 AM
Georg-eeee-ous!!!!!

Nice work Heat.

OK now this is a question that popped into my head. How is NPPL rules going to apply to a painted hopper like that? I know they got sticker rules but was wondering how they may interpret something like that. Anyone want to venture a guess?

bornl33t
10-05-2002, 01:08 PM
honestly, I have no clue. But I will never play on hte nppl circuit so I could care less. Besides, they wouldn't alow half my stuff cuss I have the customizing bug big time.

as for durability, I brushed the insides and then hit em with a good shot of an enamel clear coat. It should be VERY permanet, but that remains to be seen. the other thing to worry about it the revy paddles on some hoppers are rubbing on the hopper walls. So you might wanna take that into consideration.

I've had quite a few ppl asking if I can do theirs. Yes I can, but I can't do complicated designes and considering the setup time I will be limited to how many I can do and they pry won't be very cheap. The stencils of the flames took 3 hours, and I'm good at flames.. hehe

oh yeah and I used plain masking tape for the outline, makes sence huh?

If you want to try this at home you can also use Testors spray cans from wally world. This is actually my second hopper but the first one was a goof, the spray cans used TOO much paint and it lifted the masking. So just make sure your masking is on GOOD.

Pods.... hmmmmm..... :D

cphilip
10-05-2002, 01:17 PM
well the reason I asked is even though most do not play NPPL most local places use the rules. I seriously doubt they would enforce any of that one though. I think it was specific to stickers too so I do not think it would be a problem.

However on a related thing...confusing refs...Last weekend we were reffing a tourney where a team had some of those Dye pants that had a logo sewn into the back of the leg. Black pants with yellow round logo that was about the size of a splot of yellow paint. And its in a very odd location that they put it on the low back leg of the pant legs. I almost called one of em out and Walt did but luckily the guy did have another spot on him that was a real hit. It could have been a disaster. That logo placement and size is a very stupid idea by Dye. Anyone seen these pants yet? I realy thing they need to rethink that. Its gonna cause trouble. My advice is do not buy those particular pants!

Gitaroo Man
10-05-2002, 01:46 PM
thats sweet man!

omni
10-05-2002, 03:59 PM
That looks Amazing :D Nice job.

oldsoldier
10-05-2002, 07:47 PM
Heat, that is beautiful work. I am really interested in getting something like that done to my smoke revvy...yellow flames...pm me, i wanna hire you.

manike
04-29-2003, 08:30 AM
That's fantastic!

I want to get some Halo B shells done like that :)

shartley
04-29-2003, 08:34 AM
Very nice work indeed. It looks great.

cphilip
04-29-2003, 08:49 AM
Wow this is an old thread! Manike diggin up bones.

manike
04-29-2003, 08:55 AM
It was linked from another thread showing Heat's new gun anodising and how it would match his hopper.

Didn't realise the hopper thread was an old one, sorry :rolleyes:

I thought it was all part of a 'current' huge gun makeover.

Still looks great though!

Xen
04-29-2003, 11:27 AM
hopper flames arn't my thing but it is excelent work :)

BTAutoMag
04-29-2003, 11:55 AM
wow thats tight. what else have you done?

bornl33t
04-29-2003, 02:59 PM
as of right now there are only 2 hoppers that I've done. This one turned out good cause it was on the inside of the revy, the other one I did looks nice too, but I'm afraid it's not extremely durable. I can't seem to get a clear coat that REALLY tough to seal it and stand up to a beating. Kinda like cell phone face plates. That all eventually start chipping.