PDA

View Full Version : invision fogging up

marley618
10-05-2002, 08:14 PM
Hey everyone

I've had my invision for a few months now, and lately its been fogging up a LOT. Whenever it's humid out it easily fogs up. I was wondering if this happens to anyone else with an invision. It happened to one of my friends, then he got a new lense and it hasn't fogged up since.

Any tips on keeping it from fogging? Do you think DYE will send me a new lense since the one I am currently using isn't up to par?

Shirow
10-06-2002, 07:07 AM
Mine does this too. I don't think its fog though. Check the foam inside - it's pretty waterproof. Sweat just sits on the surface of it. The problem with that is that the sweat rolls off the foam and down onto the surface of the mask, which creates a film of liquid. Check the mask out sometime when you take it off - its just wet and slimy, not really fogged.

I am going to get a new lens for mine anyway, as I want a tinted one, but I don't think there is a way around it. I'm thinking about buying a proteus, as although its nice to have dry foam after you're done playing, I sweat a lot :p

gatorchris
10-07-2002, 11:47 AM
My original lense had the same problem, got a new one and it stopped. I have noticed on really hot days the slime ^ mentioned. I think its not so much sweat from the foam as much as it is just being so close to your face while you are sweating that hard. There is no air flow inside the lense area the way the foam is built. Im going to burn some holes into the foam to get a little more airflow in there and see what happens.

Shirow
10-07-2002, 01:08 PM
Maybe that's what it is - I don't know. I'm going to try buying a new lens too though, I think :)

FishHook
10-07-2002, 01:35 PM
try using a bandana around your forhead on humid days, i find this helps out alot.

most goggle systems i've had only fog when the lenes gets slimy from sweat/paint, so the bandana helps out alot with the sweat part.

Shirow
10-07-2002, 02:33 PM
Well I just ordered some dyetanium blue lenses, I'll get a bandana too ;)

paint magnet
10-07-2002, 02:38 PM
Don't ever try to put one of those things in on the field, though. Make sure you do it when you have plenty of time. (somebody bet this guy ten bucks be couldn't put his new Invision lens in in 20 mins or less and he didn't even have it out in twenty minutes)

FrAuStY
10-07-2002, 05:55 PM
20 minutes? My Gawd! I can have my proteus taken apart completely (lens, goggles, visor, and mask body) in about 5, then cleaned and put back together in another 10. I'm glad I bought the protie instead of the invision :) I got the spiffy Blue steel colored one :) MMMMmm puuuuuuurdy!

gatorchris
10-07-2002, 07:09 PM
It doesnt take that long, its just like flex 7s, first couple of times its just really stiff. Proteus just arent comfy to me, I have one as a backup but I dont particularly like them. Wait until you get shot in that proteus mouthpiece, your lips are gonna torched. That thing basically funnels the paint into a focused stream and jacks you up. :mad:

Shirow
10-07-2002, 07:23 PM
yeah i hope it doesn't take that long or i'll cry

marley618
10-07-2002, 09:41 PM
The first time I took my lense out it took a while, but now I can do it fast. I don't know why it seemed so hard the first time.