PDA

View Full Version : retro valve

TheJester
10-05-2002, 09:24 PM
I've been reading alot, and i origanally(prolly still am) going to put a retro valve in my minimag, however, unsure about the consistancy, it says the faster you shoot the more consistant it is at lower shots/sec? like say between games if you let it sit for a while, or you don't lay down fire the entire game (ex a woods game, not that i play woods, seeing that i have a chrome gun, and well speed ball's where it's at) now don't get me wrong, i can rip on my trigger, prolly close to 6/sec stock(not bad if you ask me) but not always am i shooting, so i was wondering how it's consistancy is as a slower rate of fire, or short bursts of rapid fire(usally what i do)

BajaBoy
10-06-2002, 11:25 AM
u can tune it to do whatever u want man, put 800psi in it and u have a sweet easy shot, put in 900-1000 and it snaps back. in my eyes its the best in paintball

aaron_mag
10-06-2002, 12:36 PM
It is consistent even if you aren't ripping on it the entire time. I think you are reading about one or two people that were having trouble. I believe that someone told that particular person (Shirow I think) that he needed to clean out his reg seat.

Shirow
10-06-2002, 03:25 PM
Yeah :( Mine is still pretty inconsistent though. I don't think it was the reg seat. It was a used valve though, so I'm going to take the whole thing apart and replace all the soft parts.

It's not bad at all, TheJester - when I chrono it, it's at about +/- 15 and I think that's because it just needs to be cleaned/have parts replaced in it. I wouldn't worry about the whole single shot/burst thing - once you put a retro on there, you can't help but spray paint at people, and once you get going, it seems to be very nice and consistent. I mean, a lot of the time, I pull the trigger meaning to fire 2-3 times and just end up rattling off 10-20 shots anyway ;) Not sure if that's a good or bad thing but it's SO MUCH FUN!

DaosBeoulve
10-06-2002, 04:13 PM
Well, my Pro is decently consistent when just snap shooting (+-about 5 fps). Last time out chronoing it, I was +-1 fps in rapid fire. My average on just snap shooting was around 269 fps, and rapid firing it was 281.

But, if it makes a difference, last time out I had 13 eliminations on the day. 9 of those came from snap shooting(1-2 shots when they were careless and left a hopper sticking out or were peeking around the side of a bunker). The other 4 eliminations I had were people running to another bunker and I just opened up on them. I was also playing hopper ball and thus I wasn't shooting all that much or that often, unless a nice shot arose.

TheJester
10-06-2002, 07:13 PM
Thanks so far, DaosBeoulve, +/- 5 huh, well that's pretty good if you ask me, and aaron_mag, actually i haven't read anything from anyone, i've only heard good htings from people, but that comes during rapid fire, the fact that it's less consistant at lower rates of fire, and the faster you shoot the more consistant it is, that comes straght from the AGD website on the chronoing it. I just want to know how bad, cause we usally play hopper ball at my local feild, so i can't always rip on the trigger the enitre game. Think a preset(800) crossfire or pure energy would do just fine for it?