PDA

View Full Version : tips on flex 7s

adam68c
10-05-2002, 09:49 PM
any one know any tips to putting in a new lens on a flex 7. Its being a jackass and wont go in which is starting to frustrtate me and when that happens things tend to break. Any tips that will make it easier to install would help. Thanks

BlackVCG
10-05-2002, 09:52 PM
Start by snapping in the two "pins" down in the curve for nose area of the mask. Then work around from the bottom and both sides up to the top. After you do it a few times, you'll figure it out.

Kevmaster
10-06-2002, 10:33 AM
i usually start with the top center one. an oring pick helps a lot to get in there and pry it out(dont use the pick on the NEW lens you are putting IN--scratched lenses are bad).

as Black siad, it takes a couple of times, but when you work at a field that rents elite masks that get changed every 6 months, yeh, you learn how to take out lenses

bobbybobinson
10-06-2002, 10:38 AM
taking old ones out:
start at the top of the lense with the forehead clipy thingy.
work around the sides to the bottom.
once you get all the ones but the nose pull it straight out.
putting it back in:
start at nose
wprk up around thesides
do the forehead one last.
bob

LittMag
10-06-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by bobbybobinson
taking old ones out:
start at the top of the lense with the forehead clipy thingy.
work around the sides to the bottom.
once you get all the ones but the nose pull it straight out.
putting it back in:
start at nose
wprk up around thesides
do the forehead one last.
bob

It's how I do it, don't be afraid to put some elbow grease in it.

bobbybobinson
10-06-2002, 11:14 AM
yea thats how i always did mine. make sure (if your putting in a thermal) to press on the edges or the front of the lense ( the part away from your face) the interior of the lense is very scrach prone but the outside can be cleaned easily.
bob

Pile & A Half
10-06-2002, 04:14 PM
I got mad the first time I changed mine which was at 1:00 at night so I just ended up throwing it on the ground and going to bed. But like they said I would suggest starting at the nose. Seems to be the hardest part for me.

j.t.
10-06-2002, 04:18 PM
Remove the rest of the mask from the frame first. This will make the job MUCH easier (especially around the nose area):)