PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Rail Bushings are Important!

joeyjoe367
10-06-2002, 01:38 AM
Well, I was working on my brother's Mini-mag the other day, replacing some of the old lvl 6 stuff that was 'still in it. It actually had a power-tube spring in it, and not a spaced. I also tossed out the non-parabolic power-feed plug in place of a newer parabolic one.

So I put the thing back together, gass it up, and pop off a shot. Suddenly, the whole guns starts leaking alike a sieve until I pop off another shot.

I look back, and I can see the whole valve moving around as I'm toying with this (took a while to figure this out).

Turns out that I was missing the rail-bushing that the field strip screw goes into. Somehow it had fallen out.

SO i go over to my RT PRo, steal the bushing out of it for a minute, and pop it in the mini.

Bam, works like a charm :)

I never would have thought that the little stupid tube could cause such a horrendous problem :) :)

TheTramp
10-07-2002, 11:03 AM
A lot of us have learned this lesson the hard way as well. :)

Shirow
10-07-2002, 11:34 AM
I don't even know what the rail bushing is :p

EsPo
10-07-2002, 02:26 PM
are you joking, cause if you are, im about to be embarassed, i seriously dont know what a rail bushing is..

Shirow
10-07-2002, 02:35 PM
Am I joking, or are the others? I'm not joking, I don't know what it is. I'm figuring its some kind of nut that goes into the hole the field strip screw goes in to - I'll take my gun apart when I go home and look :)

Soot
10-07-2002, 07:59 PM
my gun didn't even have one when i got it (used), and i had to go to the store, buy this plastic screw thing, then hack on it to make it fit. But it works now!