PDA

View Full Version : my first lvl 10 install.

flatacid
10-06-2002, 11:25 PM
first, the most tech thing ive done to a mag is take the bolt off to clean it. ive never owned one before either. so a ref at my field gets one, and nobody knows how to install it. i said i knew, because i watched a video on it (thanks miscue. :) ). anyway, after several trys with different carriers, and different springs, we got it to work. it will stop on the squeegee, but i doubt if it will stop on a dollar. heres the setup.

#1 carrier-smallest spring-2 shims.

it works nicely, but whenever i would try the middle spring, the bolt wouldn't go forward at all. i can't even think about the longest spring. i was wondering what would have to be done to use the middle spring?

also, are the lvl10's know to be gas hoggs? we could shoot his gun and watch the tank go down. after about 2 hoppers, he would be out. but i can't here a leak. normal?

thanks for the input. :)

Miscue
10-06-2002, 11:44 PM
Tee Hee. :)

Did you increase velocity high enough? May have to crank it up some.

athomas
10-07-2002, 07:41 AM
When you put a longer spring on the bolt, you will have to increase the velocity adjuster to bring the gun back up to the proper velocity. The higher resulting valve chamber pressure will/should allow the bolt to push the longer spring forward but with less force than the shorter spring.

flatacid
10-07-2002, 12:44 PM
he had a thumb adjuster for his velocity. we turned that up all the way. he was shooting in the 255-258 range all day.

maybe if he had the original velocity adjuster it would go higher?

BlackVCG
10-07-2002, 02:04 PM
Thumb adjusters are garbage. Replace it with the stock adjuster and you should get full travel out of it, so long as the spring pack coils aren't real loose.

flatacid
10-07-2002, 03:01 PM
thanks for the info everyone. :)

does anyone have any insight on the gas consumption part? this was with a 68/3000 preset.

TastePAINt88
10-07-2002, 09:48 PM
Post the video, Id like to see it, Im planning on gettign level 10 after my mag, so itd help a bunch to install it.