PDA

View Full Version : Flatline 3k slow recharge

Smokee_2_7
10-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Ok, here's the deal. I have a flatline 68ci 3k. The problem Im having with it is that the regulator seems to be taking an unusually long time to recharge after a shot. If I shoot more than 5 or so times par second, there is noticeable drop off in shots. The tank is set up on a retromag, with the output pressure about 900. both the gun and tank have already been sent to AGD, but thats a different story - - - Im wondering what the cause of the apparent starving is.

Additionally, I had a customer come in today with the same problem on his 68ci 3K flatline, except his is MUCH worse. . . After firing a single shot, the gauges first regharge to about 400psi, then hesitate for a second, and then go back up to about 800, where he has his output set at. He is shooting a standard AIR valve. I did hook up a different tank to his gun(I have another flatline that is not having this problem) and everything worked fine- - -so Im sure it is the tank.

Please, all suggestions are welcome.

Carl

Coaster
10-07-2002, 09:09 AM
what level is the flatline, 1 or 2?

Smokee_2_7
10-07-2002, 09:14 AM
I believe both flatlines in question are level 2. Mine should be for sure, considering that I just got it back from AGD less than a week ago. I am not totally positive on the other flatline. (the one that belongs to the customer) However, how can I tell the difference between Levels 1 and 2?

Coaster
10-07-2002, 09:34 AM
i beleive that if serial# < 800 , then it is level 1.

Smokee_2_7
10-07-2002, 11:23 AM
in that case, both are level 2. (Sn's are above 800)

hitech
10-07-2002, 12:03 PM
I friend of mine had the same problem (actually worse). He sent it in to AGD and the fixed it. I don't know what the problem was, however.

Smokee_2_7
10-07-2002, 12:24 PM
yeah, like i was saying though (and in my other Looong post here in the tech forum) This tank has already been back to AGD. Heck, this is the first time ive put air in it since it came out of the UPS box, straight from Airgun.

Today im talking back and forth with jon- - hopefully ill be able to get this thing working soon.

Any ideas from anyone?

Load SM5
10-07-2002, 12:37 PM
I 've been having the same problem with my 4.5k flatline. I was only able to shoot 3 shots bursts last weekend, before the output pressure dropped solow the gun would'nt cycle. A few seconds later the tank would recharge and i could fire again. The only thing I could think of was a faulty reg seat. I tried 2 brand new reg seats and, if anything the problem got worse. The output pressure would also creep up over the day. I had it set at around 900 but I would notice output pressures of 1100 occasionally. I think I'm sending mine back in to get looked at.