PDA

View Full Version : LVL 10 Bolt sticking?? - kind of long

scarpa43
10-07-2002, 08:56 AM
Got a problem with the LVL 10 on my EMag.

AGDBrad installed the kit for me and the thing works great. After a few hundred shots it started to leak a little down the barrel. I changed to the next smaller carrier and the leak is gone.

However now it looks like the bolt is sticking. I fired it slowly while looking into the powerfeed to be sure that it was not my rev. It looked like a ball would feed fine then on the next trigger pull i would get the PSSSST LVL 10 sound and ball #1 would push past the nubbins and ball #2 would fall into the breach.
When I dry fire it seems to work flawlessly.

Also Brad had intalled a cut bolt spring and when I took the valve apart to change the carrier I did not notice whether the cut side of the spring was on the barrel side of the bolt or the valve side, does this make a difference?

How do I fix the bolt stick problem?

Ask me any questions you need if i left out any relevant details.

Darren

FrAuStY
10-07-2002, 09:42 AM
I'd suggest putting some oil in the fitting nearest the reg. Also...dry fire the gun a couple hundred times. Since you changed to a smaller carrier, the o-rin g may still be a little too tight. Hopefully breaking it in while dry-firing will allow it to shoot correctly with paint. Mine did almost exactly what your's is doing and that how I remedied(sp?) it.

If anything.. Put the nest shorter spring in it.. then you 'll need to re-chrono the gun as it will probably be shooting hot. Remember... with LVL10 it's a good idea to use about 4-5 drops of oil in the ASA nearest the reg.. EVERYTIME you play. this will keep things from binding up like they appear to be doing now. Good luck..keep us informed.

cphilip
10-07-2002, 09:54 AM
The cut end of that cut spring needs to be against the bumper.

scarpa43
10-07-2002, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys, I will follow your advice and see what happens.
Will let you know...

scarpa43
10-11-2002, 09:51 AM
Got a chance to put some air through it last night.

It turns out the cut end of the spring was on the barrel side, not against the bumper. I turned it around, oiled it up and it ran like a champ.

Thanks again for the help!!!