PDA

View Full Version : Pressure and Velocity. HELP PLEASE!

SpyderMan21
10-07-2002, 05:02 PM
I bought my mag used and shot it before buying. It is an Automag RT. I took it to the field that i play at and they require that you shoot 250 fps. I could not get the velocity to turn down. The only way to accomplish this was to lower the input pressure on my tank. I have heard that you are supposed to operate them from 750-850 psi input pressure. Using the gun at that pressure makes air vent from the back of the gun. Attempting to turn the velocity from the back does nothing and when the input pressure is down causes the gun to leak again. I read that the blow-off valve causes this becuase of too high pressures in the gun. When i lowered the input pressure to about 500 it shot hard the first shot. THen if i fired several shots in a row and shootdown is horrible. This was with the pressure low. Is there something i can do to fix the gun, like an oring or something that won't cost me a fortune??? I have never dealt with mags b4 so some question may seem stupid lol. Thanx

David

virus
10-07-2002, 06:05 PM
best bet is to get a RT parts kit... they run about $20....

change out all the orings, put some oil into your air line, gas it up and fire teh oil through.....

at worst case you may need a new spring pack or reg pin/spring....

of course for $45 you could contact AGD and get a RA# and send it in along with a paper describing your problems and they will take care of it for you....

SpyderMan21
10-07-2002, 07:29 PM
Thats what i was thinking but i wasn't completely sure. If that doesn't work then i'm not gonna bother i'll just get my money back. I got the gun for exetremely cheap and if i get it working I will probably just sell it. Thanx for the help
David

athomas
10-07-2002, 09:03 PM
Clean the reg assembly in the back. You should be able to turn down your velocity to reach below 250 fps using the rear adjuster.

If you got the mag used, its probably a good idea to change out the o-rings anyway. That way you are starting new to you.

Keep the air input pressure above 600psi or you will experience velocity fluctuations. Regulators work best if the pressure differential is at least 200psi. I would keep the velocity above 700psi or higher myself.