PDA

View Full Version : warpfeed feedback.

flatacid
10-07-2002, 05:53 PM
i did a search on "warpfeed", and didn't see a thread with feedback, so i started this. if there has, or is a thread like this, feel free to call me dumb, and i will delete this. :)

basically, im just looking for how people like/dislike there warpfeeds. ive seen 2 guns with it, and held one. there are a few things that are a concern with me.

1. and the biggest one. weight. call me a wuss, but it was alittle bit on the heavy side when i held it on an rtp. im gonna be running an rtp with an 88/4500 maxflow. so weight is alitte bit of concern.

2. i know if there aren't any balls in the hopper, there are gonna be about 15-20 give or take that are gonna be stuck in the hose. this is alittle bit of concern as i don't carry extra paint on the field. im to slow and fat as it is without a pack.

3. is price. 150 is kinda alot in my book for what ya get.

those are just some things that have stopped me from getting one. but this thread was started to get feedback from everyone who uses one. let me know what ya think.

thanks. :)

FrAuStY
10-07-2002, 06:03 PM
1) The weight?! Just heft the gun around for a few days full of paint.. toss it back and forth with one hand and you'll get used to the weight.. trust me. At first...they feel heavy. But once you get used to it.. the weight actually helps keep the gun stable while rapidfiring.

2) Modifiedpaintball.com has them for about 106$ (105.XX!!)

Also about the extra 15-20 balls.. nah.. nly about 8-10 depending on the length of your warp feed hose. If its long.. yeah..you'll see 20 or so in there.. but if it's mounted tight, you'll have about 10 shots remaining. It's not big deal either.. just hold the gun upside down and shoot that way lol... I was freaking people out shooting under bunkers at St Augustine on sunday. They were Supair bunkers and I'd just lift the bottome of the bunker up a little and sticxk the barrel out. Lol its was mad fun.. people had no idea where I was shooting from!

* Trade-off * A little added weight for a much smaller profile. I'd take that anyday. I mean if you're smaller you don't have to move near as fast. Most of the time you can continue to shoot at your opponent while he's shooting at you! (If you do it right :p)

Mr.TKO
10-07-2002, 06:05 PM
I like mine.

warpfeedmod
10-07-2002, 06:18 PM
only thing I don't like is that since I've put the Level 10 in my RTPro, there's less kick to the gun and it won't set off the sensor.. I'll either hacve to go with an electro frame or figure out some other setup.

aside from that I love it.

FrAuStY
10-07-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by warpfeedmod
only thing I don't like is that since I've put the Level 10 in my RTPro, there's less kick to the gun and it won't set off the sensor.. I'll either hacve to go with an electro frame or figure out some other setup.

aside from that I love it.

Have you turned the sensitivity up since the install? I had to turn my sens. pot. clockwise about about an 1/8 of a turn and after that..no problems.

*edit* mispelled clockwise lol

a_malfunction
10-07-2002, 07:58 PM
level 10 didnt affect my warp at all.

davej946
10-07-2002, 08:07 PM
Kudos to Tom and everyone at AGD for a fine product, the Warp Feed. Always get comments on it, love the low profile. I frequently rest my barrel on the snake and shoot with nothing but the PF exposed.

The Warp Feed by AGD... It's a good thing!

Dave

Xzion
10-08-2002, 04:05 AM
if your worried about losing that 8 - 10+ rounds of paint, you dont actually lose it, you prime the warp with the paint, and add your full hopper. If anything, your getting an additional 8 - 10+ rounds than you normally wouldnt have in the marker at all.

I personally love my warp, having the lower profile and the flexibility, plus insane feeding, makes the slight weight 'penalty' (depending on how you look at it) is nothing in comparison IMO.

flatacid
10-08-2002, 01:34 PM
keep them coming. i know there are alot of warp users out there.

i just don't wanna be dissapointed if i get one. another thing. im not trying to start a flame war or anything with this. but do some of you view the warp as a crutch? just asking in general what people think about them.

thanks for all comments. :)

hitech
10-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Here is what I thought when I first got mine:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26233&highlight=warp+and+run

I'm still very happy with it. :D

flatacid
10-08-2002, 04:25 PM
hitech-what part of the bay are you from, and what field? i play at venture, and come from walnut creek.

xen_100
10-08-2002, 04:38 PM
I have had my warp on my spyder for about a year now, I love it........keeps up with my spyder at 15 BPS! the balance is very nice, just as hitech said, it just tucks on your forearm. One more advantage I have found. I play mostly rec, and gun hits dont count. When you have a warp, your hopper and the warp act a little like a chest protector. shots that would have eliminated you are hopper hits instead ;)

ddan_p
10-08-2002, 10:14 PM
warps are imo one of the best things on the market. To me, there are not many major downsides. The only things are: Bad on batteries, so i got rechargeables, and on my shocker, i almost have to have the wheel running full time because i can't set it sensitive enough. Intellifeeding a shocker is no fun just so you know. Still, excellent product, get one today.

hitech
10-09-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by flatacid
hitech-what part of the bay are you from, and what field? i play at venture, and come from walnut creek.

I'm in the east bay also (Pinole). I play at Paintball Jungle in American Canyon. Were is Venture?

flatacid
10-09-2002, 02:55 PM
its in clayton.

hitech
10-09-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by flatacid
its in clayton.

So that's what they are calling it these days. That was the second field I played at, back a hundred years ago. We helped build many of the structures on the field, however they are probably all different now. Are they open every weekend? Does Mike still own/operate it?

TheTramp
10-09-2002, 03:39 PM
My Warp worked inconsistantly at first. When it was working it was great when it wasn't....well lets just say I took it off in disscust several times.

I got the Intelliframe and hooked the intellifeed up to my Warp and I couldn't be happier. I don't have to worry about the sensitivity issues. It just spins everytime I pull the trigger. I wouldn't play without it now.

demonguy8
10-09-2002, 04:06 PM
I'll do the other side of the coin here, and say that OVERALL I did NOT like my warp and heres why:

The good: -Kept paint in my gun no matter how fast I was firing
-for "offhand" (refering to the tilt the gun thing) shooting this was a godsend
- can do the upside down shot from some of those CrAzY airball bunkers (like the standing fish)
- intelliframe = no feed probelems with lvl10

The bad:
- warp hose (even with the orings on it!)popped out of the warp at least 2x the first day.. (eventually settled with tape)but losing half the paint in your hopper sux when your already running to bunker somone!

-Balance.. Try as I might, I could not get used to the feel of the balance (might just be me)

- weight.. having a 10 lbs weight in one arm and nothing in the other on a full out sprint (front player) slows you down a tiny bit. You can adapt to a heavier weight all you want but youll still be FASTER with less weight.

-maybe I was just lucky, but hopper hits where never a problem before the warp so getting showed no real improvement

OVERVIEW: for me the "bads" outweighed the "goods" so i chose to sell it. I will say that is a nice product, and to be honest I dont know why it is not more popular than it currently is. Like the Z-grip before it, very innovative.. but one of those things that either you like.. or you dont

flatacid
10-09-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by hitech

So that's what they are calling it these days. That was the second field I played at, back a hundred years ago. We helped build many of the structures on the field, however they are probably all different now. Are they open every weekend? Does Mike still own/operate it? yep. mike still runs it. i ref up there. the place was closed down for 2 years because some lady kept complaining, and complaining. they had to tear down pretty much everything. they recently opened back up this august. theres still a few real old bunkers, but most of them are 6 years old. come up sometime. we always have a fun day of rec ball. :)

www.venturegamespaintball.com

Jack & Coke
10-09-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by davej946
Kudos to Tom and everyone at AGD for a fine product, the Warp Feed...

The Warp Feed by AGD... It's a good thing!

Dave

Did AGD actually develope The Warp Feed?

Was The Warp Feed the brainchild of AGD?

What role did PTP play in this matter?

Sooooooo confused... :confused:

BlackVCG
10-09-2002, 06:38 PM
AGD is completely responsible for the design of the Warp Feed. They allowed PTP to distribute Warps under their name like MicroMags, Micro E-Mags, etc.

The only thing PTP did was add more adapters to make it a more universal kit, a different bracket and the first generation had a different hose than the AGD gray stuff. I believe now they both come with black hose.

SirOssis
10-09-2002, 08:02 PM
I luv my warps and could never go on gun again. Its so much fun laying the barrel on top of a sup air bunker and having only the barrel exposed(no powerfeed, 90* matrix breech) or in the grooves of a hyperball bunker. Insane ROF without skipped shots. One mod thats a must is an on/off switch, really saves on battery juice.

As far as I know, PTP was allowed to sell the warp along with adaptor kits for other guns so that the warp could be tourney legal.

Troy
10-09-2002, 10:27 PM
All of the front players on the Lions use them.
It doesn't seem to slow down Chance or Chester. As for me, I may be slower than I used to be, but that has more to do with the 40 extra pounds in my butt than the 1 pound extra on my gun.

joeyjoe367
10-09-2002, 10:32 PM
I've gone warp about a 5 months ago, and I've never looked back. Never. Not Even once.

...well maybe once...

but that's not the point! What's great about the warp is that it not only lowers the profile of the gun ( Don't care about that as much, i play rec-ball and gun hits don't count) it makes shooting in any position possible.

not to mention that my 9v revvie (like 10 years old lol ;)) can keep my RT Pro rippin like no tomorrow :)