PDA

View Full Version : Sig Picture

Mr.TKO
10-07-2002, 06:07 PM
Why doesn't the image i have in my signature come out? All I have is a box with an X in it.

Mr.TKO
10-07-2002, 06:10 PM
me no understand. Now it's coming up. AHHHHHHH:mad:

Spray Painter
10-07-2002, 06:17 PM
are you putting [img] in front of the image and the same thing at the end of the image except for a / in front of the img part. hope that wasen't to confusing...

Jonneh
10-07-2002, 06:27 PM
geocities doesn't let you externally link files from their webspace. The solution to this is to change the file extention of the picture from .gif to .txt, then link that one.

Mr.TKO
10-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Computer Iletarete question:How might I go about doind something of that nature?

Jonneh
10-07-2002, 06:45 PM
okies, goto the folder where you desired sig picture resides, then on the menu at the top, goto Tools > Folder Options > View
There should be a bunch of tickboxes, and somewhere there should be 'Hide Extentions for Known File Types'. Untick this option (unless already unticked) and press Okay.
Now all your files should have a .*** extention after them. Make a copy of your sig picture, then rename it so that instead of Filename.gif or whatever, it reads Filename.txt. The icon should change to notepad (or whatever you use to look at text files) too. Now upload your new .txt file, and in your signature, link to that one instead.
And you're done

ooh, while you're at it, go back to the folder options and tick 'Hide Extentions for Known File Types' again, it can cause some annoying problems if you don't know what you're doing.

FrAuStY
10-07-2002, 06:51 PM
go to your webspace via your FTP program, or if you use geocities cheesy application to maintain your webspace.. you should be able to "rename" the file by highlighting it, right click.. then left click "rename". Change the file to whateverthefilenameis.txt, then once thats done.. come back here and edit the string in your sig to reflect the new filename of whateverthefilenameis.txt that should do it.. if it doesn't... go to the random picture thread, attach your image. Then go back to your post, right click the picture, highlight properties, left click on properties. Then copy the address in it's entirety http://yaddayaddayadda. Then put the address you copied into your sig as [img src=http.... then at the end put another ]

that should do it.

Jonneh
10-07-2002, 06:58 PM
what he said