PDA

View Full Version : How does powerfeed work?

FalconGuy016
10-07-2002, 08:42 PM
I was curios and if you have the extra time could you explain it to me :) Thanks

billmi
10-07-2002, 08:57 PM
When a bolt closes, it not only pushes a ball into the chamber, but it bumps against the bottom of the next ball in line. This, combined with extra gas blowing out of the breech when the bolt opens (if there is any, it depends on the paintgun) can bump the column of waiting balls back up toward the hopper. If they go back up, it takes time for them to come back down, and slows how fast they can possibly feed.

In a powerfeed, the next ball in line for the breech doesn't have an option of going back up the feed tube, the wall of the powerfeed is in the way.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Automaggin2
10-07-2002, 09:10 PM
wow, can i shake ur hand bill mills *puts out hand* ur awsome man

FrAuStY
10-07-2002, 11:22 PM
Also in a powerfeed.. the extra bit of gas normally called blowback, gets shot out from around the ball causing a vacuum effect, in essence sucking the next ball down into the chamber. Thus a powerfeed. If you'll notice on all powerfed paintguns, there are two little slits around where the feed tube gets welded to the body, this is where that blowback gas escapes, causing the vacuum, and sucking the next ball down.

Next time you shoot your gun on a day thats humid, maybe right after it rains or something, try it out. You can see the jets of air getting shot outta the slits and simultaneously sucking the ball into the chamber. I wonder how long it took AGD to figure out how to make it work. ;)