PDA

View Full Version : Advice

ICOM
10-07-2002, 09:09 PM
Scott here, Me and my team never entered a 3 man tourny. Not use to it. Can we get some tips on how to play a 3man?

petefol
10-07-2002, 09:15 PM
triangulate so you can always cover each other.

ICOM
10-07-2002, 09:29 PM
1 in back 2 in front or 1 in front 2 in back?

Tony Arrivo
10-07-2002, 09:38 PM
Out strategy in our first 3 man tournament not long ago was for everyone to shoot like mad off the break and then once they tuck into their bunkers send your front man up while the two guys in back keep shooting.Then, if you want you can send a mid-man up to help out.

This worked great for us in our first tournament. We had the lower end guns out of anyone there and we kept first for a while but ended up doing pretty darn well for our first time.

ICOM
10-07-2002, 09:41 PM
Thx, Keep them coming guys

Tony Arrivo
10-07-2002, 09:51 PM
Another one I've always wanted to try is to have 2 guys shoot like crazy off the break while on of your guys runs straight down one side of the field. I've seen this work before but it usually depends on the team you're competing against. I don't know if you'd actually want to do this. It just looks hilarious and can sometimes catch the other team way off guard.

MAJOR TIP: Never underestimate the other team! No matter what guns they're using don't underestimate them.

(I don't think you're n00bs though so you prolly already know this)

ICOM
10-07-2002, 09:58 PM
We been playing for 3 years with each other and at least once a month maybe more, for 3 years. We have had great practice and we think we can do our best and win hopefully at least.

Tony Arrivo
10-08-2002, 08:56 AM
cool, good luck hope you guys win :D

Kevmaster
10-08-2002, 10:04 AM
we have two guys slowly move to their bunker and sweet spot a bunker we expect the other team to hit off the break. the third guy tries to go to the 40 or so--if hes feeling good, the 50.

usually works. weve placed 2nd and 1st in our last 2 three mans

JEDI
10-08-2002, 10:15 AM
What Kevmaster said! Thats the way we go about it. One guy way up front. One back corner "back guy" and one mid guy floats between back and 40. That way mid guy is second to move forward. Back and mid guy shoot off the break. I like my back guy to be on the tape side (or same side) as most forward guy. He protects forward guy. Mid guy watches opposite side of field. WAIT A MINUTE! What tournament is this for? We're doing a 3 man soon!

ogre55
10-08-2002, 01:20 PM
Ok, everyone. Calm down.

If ICOM is from LI, NY and JEDI is from North Jersey, I think it's safe to assume that we (and yes, my team will be there also) are all talking about the same tounrny, the 3-Man at Paintball Arena this saturday. Now that this is out of the way, all we can do give each other as many tips as possible so that AO teams will be able to represent.

Now on to the tips as I'm all ears.

Ogre

P.S.: What are the teams that will have AO members. Black Cell will be there and will probably play the 3-Man. I noticed that JEDI is from Dead Cell. I am of the Stud Squad. How about you ICOM?

Dayspring
10-08-2002, 01:26 PM
I'm a free agent looking to play. There was a guy who PM'd me but hasn't gotten back to me yet.

ICOM
10-08-2002, 02:02 PM
Since we haven;t entered many tournies we be in rookie div. Team name is UnDefined.

petefol
10-08-2002, 05:25 PM
it doesnt really matter if you have 2 up and 1 back or 1 up and 2 back, just try to stasy in a triangle.

AssassN
10-08-2002, 05:30 PM
no way to arragne 3 people without being in a triangle...

Ultimator
10-08-2002, 05:52 PM
Sure there is AssassN. All of them lined up :)

Sinnet
10-08-2002, 05:55 PM
*edit* dammit ultimator, you're quick! :D

Kevmaster
10-08-2002, 05:59 PM
and the odds of you being able to position 3 poeople in a colinear manner are SLIM to none.

anyways, we tried the two front, 1 back for a while, but in NC 3mans people LOVE to throw paint and usually one would be hit on the break. this mens a 2-3 with one back one front. that didnt turn out too well. so, i converted to a back player--but still able to rush the 50 if needbe

EsPo
10-08-2002, 06:27 PM
i recently played 3 man, we had a 4 min time limit, i suggest getting a timer, so u know how much time u got left to make a move.

cris8762
10-08-2002, 08:46 PM
yes...kevmaster.....they do love to throw paint.....ever seen that guy on Kingdom Wariors with the gold/chrome timmy with the warp/halob combo?!?!?!?

we saw him shoot 15 BPS over the chrono at the FON 3man last week!!!!!! it was insane how much that guy shot!!

off the break he unloaded at least a hopper, then burned through 4 pods a game!

oh yeah, 1 of the guys on our team backed out at the last minute so we were asking around for players, and we got the alternate from A-Team!!!

it was sooo cool, we made it to the semis,and missed the finals by 1 spot (i think)!! we maxed the Wizards too, man that was a great tourney!!

i'm probably gonna come watch you guys play the Gotcha ACTS

oh yeah, Dave Morgan announced the new tourney format for next year with the 3man on Sat. and the 5man on Sun. at the fairgrounds like you said!