PDA

View Full Version : Need some good ol AO help

RoadDawg
10-08-2002, 01:08 AM
I know someone out there has got an answer to my question so thanx for the help people. Question is where can I find info on how to become an Airsmith? I've tried several links and none of them tell me about how to become one. I'm interested in making this a profession or at least a passion so I'm totally serious. I wanna do it right. Once again any help is much appreciated.

Nick

manike
10-08-2002, 03:50 AM
As far as I am aware there is no 'specific' course.

You want to achieve a broad range of mechanical skills (and increasingly nowadays electronic). Skills in areas such as metal working, i.e. lathe and mill are a good place to start, and understanding mechanical principles and materials would be useful.

Doc Nickel once wrote something about the skills required over on the forum at www.docsmachine.com

Most air smiths learnt their trade by enjoying playing and tinkering with their markers and by making modifications to them. They are a lot of budding airsmiths here and on the Tinker's forum.

manike

Kevmaster
10-08-2002, 10:23 AM
board knowledge on marker theroy, general mechanics, electronics and ability to use tools "constitutes" an air smith.

www.paintball-pti.com is a great place to learn all this. Bob McGuire is great(ive taken his classes) and you get certificates showing you know your stuff.

xen_100
10-08-2002, 10:37 AM
another way to go is to take a C&C machining class at your local college. you will have the ability to professionally lathe and mill many different types of metal with an automated machine. also tkaing some basic electronics classes would help too.