PDA

View Full Version : rotating powerfeed?

yeahthatsme
10-08-2002, 12:57 PM
has this been thought of? i was thinking that it would be cool to hav a powerfeed that you could switch around depending on what side of the bunker you are going to shoot from. i'm not very techy( yet:D) and i dont have photoshop:( so i cant show how it would work. but do you guys have any ideas?

Magluvr
10-08-2002, 08:52 PM
I don't know if you could never make a powerfeed to rotate successfully without a feed system similar to the warp. You could however easily design a system with a "standard" feed that rotated. I will try to get a pic up sometime (when I have time to design it!

P.S. The powerfeed wouldn't work because when you twist it to the "opposite side" you would have to be forcing the balls up, hence you couldn't use gravity.

10-08-2002, 10:55 PM
you could have a short rotationg straight feed (kinda like on the mayhem). and have a proteam powerfeed adapter on that. you could switch between powerfeed right or left then.....

speedyejl
10-09-2002, 10:16 PM
How bout this. You know how the extreme module system works, the last 2 or so threads from the barrel hold it in place? Well what if we had a body that had a module that had a breech that was circular except for where the feed tube jutted out, put some ball bearings in, and we might have something. How it works is you unscrew your barrel a bit, and then the module becomes loose and can freely move around. It would make more sense if it was stnd feed tho. Hey with an elbow like VF spyders it could also be a VF, and just bring it all the way to one side, and its perfect for warps. So thats 4 bods in one, way to economize!

Now I hope someone can decipher this, and prove that I havent been completely incoherent.

Magluvr
10-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Tomorrow I should have a basic sketch of how one would work. I'll post that then I'll put in the tiny details latter.

REDE-MAG1
10-11-2002, 10:37 AM
A POWERFEED COULD BE MADE TO ROTATE ON A STOCK BODY BUT NEED TO BE CUSTOM FABRICATED FROM ANOTHER STOCK BODY. I WOULD TIG WELD SOME FINS ON THE OUTSIDE AND MACHINE A GROOVE INTO THE GRIP FRAME. TIG A SMALL 1/8" x 1/2" KEY STOCK AT ZERO DEGREES 1 AT 270 DEGREES AND 1 AT 180 DEGREES FOR STOCK, RIGHT SIDE AND LEFT SIDE.WHEN THE MACHINING IS IN PLACE YOU COULD TURN THE MIDSECTION OF THE BODY INTO 3 LOCATIONS. THE NUMBER ONE THING IS TO BE AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE IN THE DESIGN PHASE, USE PRESISION INSTRIMENTSTO GET READINGS UNLESS YOU HAVE ACSESS TO AUTOMAG DRAWINGS WHICH I DOUBT. HOWEVER, IF YOU CAN GET DRAWINGS LET ME KNOW BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO USE THEM AS WELL.

Person
10-11-2002, 01:44 PM
You have a vertical standard feed, with a swivel powerfeed mounted on top of it, so you can spin it around and the hopper is always facing up, i wouldnt buy one if they made one :D

Magluvr
10-12-2002, 11:56 AM
Here is a Picture of how I think it could work.

As the picture says the front piece would have grooves that would hold it at set positions. You could not use a threaded system because then you would hav eto modify the holes in the back part of the mainbody for the sear.

Then you would need the back to roatate on the ball bearing so that the feed could be at any angle and you wouldn't have to change the holes for the sear. (Otherwise at certain angles you would see the holes.)

Then I put the little triangle on the back so that the whole assembly wouldn't fall apart when taking the gun apart.

To change the angle you take out your reg, pull the pin going through the little triangle, pull the feed out of the front, rotate it to the desired position, push it bakc to gether in front (while lining the little triangles up with their slots in the mainbody), push the pin back through the triangles, put back in the reg, and play.

Person
10-12-2002, 02:12 PM
That looks like a standard feed. it will work though its been done. you will need to have cocker threaded barrels or a bunch of holes

Magluvr
10-12-2002, 05:32 PM
Yes, believe it or not it IS a standard feed. If you read the other posts you would have noticed that I said only a rotating standard feed would truly be feasible.
Show me a pic of an automag that it has been done to. I know they have made the Mayhem that way, but I never new they made it for the automag.
Last, why would I need cocker threads or a bunch of little holes? I have already counted in on the fact that you need slots for the automag's barrel pin to go in, I just didn't have the time to draw in all the little intricasies.

yeahthatsme
10-12-2002, 10:12 PM
thanks guys!!! if somebody makes one could you ship one to me too? thanks double!!!!! i think it could work with a powerfeed. i would just have to swivel and slide side to side. then it would work great!!!

pballguy17
10-13-2002, 09:02 PM
somethign i'm confused on with this idea. say u ahve a stright feed left, u need an elbow to make it stick stright up. now fi ur switched the neck to the right, ur hopper is kinda sticking downish. u'd need to make a swing elbow as well. OR make the stright feed a two part thingy, so that u can twist the top part for the angle of the hopper, and the other so it adjusts how the balls drop into the gun. but if u think about ti the amount of time it would take to adjust theses settings on the feild, u woulda had time to snap shot 3 shots :D

Person
10-13-2002, 09:08 PM
Quick lock elbow, with a clamp like they have on scooters.

yeahthatsme
10-16-2002, 06:33 PM
no thats why it rotates. the power feed rotates on the connection. and then to change it you like unscrew your barrel some and it will turn the opposite way and slide over to the oppisite side. then the hopper would be right side up and you would have a rotationg powerfeed:D