PDA

View Full Version : new to mags question

fiendkuja
10-08-2002, 09:03 PM
i was wondering. i want to get into the wonderful world of the mag but i was wondering if what i had planned to do would be good or not.

my plan was to purchase a automag68 classic package and just upgrade from there. new valve and new body as i had the money. only problem is, if i bought a mag68classic would i be restricted to the upgrades i could along the lines of a new body?

or should i just buy a gun. thanks :)

lostfellow
10-08-2002, 09:07 PM
Here some things you should get for sure if you get the classic. :)

Level 10
Intel. Frame

Then things you might want to get.
Warp Feed

It might be cheaper to get a used one with those items already on it. Espicially since Mags are so durable. :) You don't have to worry about fixing them. They don't break :)

I love my Emag. :) Soon to be getting an Extreme

fiendkuja
10-08-2002, 09:10 PM
but i mean, if i got the classic, would i be able to buy a new body and use the current stuff with the gun? (valve etc)

Load SM5
10-08-2002, 09:12 PM
Sure, any new bodies should accept the valve, etc. The only exception is an old school Automag RT body.

Tunaman
10-08-2002, 09:14 PM
Sure you could. Almost all mag bodies fit all mags. If you have any questions about what fits or not just ask me.:D

Bulldog
10-08-2002, 09:15 PM
Yes you can buy a new body to use in your classic, which one were you thinking of? Mags are modular and very upgradeable.

fiendkuja
10-08-2002, 09:16 PM
the body i'd ideally like is one of those vertical feed black teflon ones. they're smooth

fiendkuja
10-08-2002, 09:30 PM
soo... if i was to buy say...

http://www.actionvillage.com/010-1012-1.html

would that be a pretty good step into the mag world?

halB
10-08-2002, 09:45 PM
yes, but for the same amount of money you could buy a used mag and accessories w/ upgrades on ebay or the trading forums. mags have a low resale value, and are so dang durable that you dont really have to worry about buying a broken one (just stay away from trigger jobs)

fiendkuja
10-08-2002, 09:46 PM
im still a bit shaky on the whole forum buying idea. you don't really have any recourse if you get screwed. and im kinda anal and like buying new stuff with all the box etc.

Wc Keep
10-09-2002, 07:23 AM
thats the same exact deal i went for and I LOVE MY MAG!!!!!!!!!!!! the only problem with that is that you dont know what barrel you would get, but you can just ask tuna to hook you up with a sweet deal on a barrel.

luke
10-09-2002, 07:58 AM
Personally, I don't think starting out with the classic valve is the way to go. The performance level between the RT valve and the Classic don't compare in my opinion.

If you upgrade from the Classic to the ReTro later, it will cost you $300. That's not a cheap up grade. I've done it twice. (That's what I think of it's performance.)

If you don't have the cash for the RT pro, you might consider calling AGD and get a price on an ReTro Automag build right in the factory. (I remember Tom saying sometime back that they will build custom guns.) Not buying the Classic valve upfront will likely save you some money....

cphilip
10-09-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by fiendkuja
im still a bit shaky on the whole forum buying idea. you don't really have any recourse if you get screwed. and im kinda anal and like buying new stuff with all the box etc.

Then get in touch with Tunaman. I personaly garrantee delivery of anything you buy from him. You won't be sorry and you maybe can afford an upgraded one already.

oldsoldier
10-09-2002, 08:55 AM
As far as buying from this forum; far and away, most people here are good traders. Just find what you want, and post about the trader. Look at some people's sigs too...they put good traders in there. Tunaman, dropkick1, roguefactor, they are just a few. just search the person before you trade.

RamboPreacher
10-09-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Sure you could. Almost all mag bodies fit all mags. If you have any questions about what fits or not just ask me.:D :D
Asking...
haven't heard from you via email yet.

myspdkls
10-09-2002, 12:31 PM
Just thought I would let you know, I have a PreStar Mag. This damn thing has got to be like fifteen years old (I bought it used 8 years ago). I finally had to replace the regulator piston. I haven't heard of anyone with ANY other gun on the market that got that much use out of their gun without needing to replace any major components. Just thought I would let you know how reliable your new Mag will be.

Stoneman
10-09-2002, 05:51 PM
My first mag I bought was over 11 years ago, it was when they first came out. It is still being used today by a friend of mine. AGD always took great care of me and anytime any upgrade came out I would send the gun and it would come back better than before.