PDA

View Full Version : Question about wearing glasses + mask

scribe
10-09-2002, 12:22 AM
alright, i use regular rental masks and they bother me with glasses on. do any of you have personal experience wearing glasses? if so, which mask is the best for that? would the jt proteus be one for people with glasses?

thanks, wasn't sure who to ask to i figured i'd just ask here

blnk162
10-09-2002, 12:39 AM
Richie mau mau rocks his glasses wth a dye ivision and hes like the most underated player I know....he just rips it!

Micromag Sith
10-09-2002, 01:30 AM
the raven mask with the clip in the back is the eaisest one to put on with glasses

Potatoboy
10-09-2002, 01:37 AM
Worn glasses all my life. Best mask I've used and is *very* glasses friendly is a Vforce. Plenty of room and the shape of the lens really makes the difference, especially with glasses.

Timmee
10-09-2002, 02:01 AM
I have to agree with Potatoboy on this. I've got a VForce Morph, and it's great with my glasses. I highly recommend them.

manike
10-09-2002, 03:21 AM
Vforce morph are great for glasses. I wore glasses for 10 years of playing paintball...

best investment I made for paintball was getting contacts.

manike

scribe
10-09-2002, 04:03 AM
what about the jt proteus? do you guys think it'd be like the vforce? i kinda like how the proteus looks...

manike
10-09-2002, 04:07 AM
The proteus is the same actual lense and goggle part as the spectra and flex 7. They are ok depending on how big your glasses are but by no means the best or most comfortable.

One plus side is that you can get the X-wind fan to help stop your glasses fogging up.

manike

Mr.TKO
10-09-2002, 05:17 AM
You might wnt to invest in some sport galsses. I think that's what there called. They're made of an unbreakable plastic, made with the specific lens of you glasses in them. Alot of times, soccer players where them, because, obviously you can't where glasses while playing soccer.
Hope this helped
-Jon

steveg
10-09-2002, 05:31 AM
I wear glasses , have a flex-7 and x-wind. works fine just.
don't ever lose the rectangles of foam that set behind your
ears, they keep the pressure from mask head band off you ears.very painfull without them
(for glasses wearers the temples squeeze between your ears and skull)

shartley
10-09-2002, 06:00 AM
Yes, I will have to concur with all the rest.. the JT Spectra Goggle system works great with glasses, no matter what other mask parts they put with it….

vf-xx
10-09-2002, 06:39 AM
My vote is for the V force. Pletny of room between your face and the lense for your glasses. Very difficult to fog. None of the other masks seem to fit over my glasses well, but I have a big head too :D

Shirow
10-09-2002, 07:01 AM
All I can say is don't get the Invision :) I have an Invision and I have pretty small glasses and there is no way they are going together.

Have to agree with Manike though - contacts are 100% the way to go. Full field of view, comfort and one less thing to fog is something I appreciate :)

Wc Keep
10-09-2002, 07:14 AM
i too agree with manike contacts are the way to go. but i use the jt proteus and my glasses fogged up the first time. so i bought some jt plexus anti fog sprayed it on both sides of the lense put on my goggles and hardly noticed my glasses all day.

Paintchucker
10-09-2002, 07:55 AM
I bought a pair of smaller eyeglass frames. They work with most any googles available and I needed a new prescription anyway...