PDA

View Full Version : The missing upgrade?

TequilaMockingbird
10-09-2002, 02:47 AM
Been researching upgradable parts on the E-Mag, and I've found one glaring omission: Are there no aftermarket grips for the E-Mag? I don't find much wrong with the stock grips, but since the grip is the most important interface between the user and the gun, it would be really nice if there was some kind of choice. I'm planning out some milling, plating, and ano possibilities to personalze my E-Mag, and the thought of having to fabricate a different grip is really an irritant, as it's the simplest, cheapest change you can make on most other guns.

Tunaman
10-09-2002, 05:06 AM
Load SM5 on this forum makes the coolest grips for the Emag. Look him up.:D

shartley
10-09-2002, 06:06 AM
Yes, Load makes grips for the E-Mag. I will also be making some when I get some time. Things have just been way too busy lately.

cphilip
10-09-2002, 06:53 AM
He's not maybe talking about the grip frame itself is he? If so then no its not the easiest thing to change on a marker thats electronic and so much is mounted into that grip. There are two versions of this grip frame. The old style has a hump on the back of it and the newer ULE one does not and is milled out to be lighter. This ULE one was used on the colored emags and is being used on the Extremes. But it does use the same grips.

I think your right though that he is speaking of the grips themselves and these guys are right there are a few people who are making them. No big company though. It seems there are just not enough of them out there to entice a company to want to make em. I hope with the similarity of the Extremes that there may some day be. But in the mean time you will have to consider one of our individual coustomizers for a set of those.