PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever had there PTP emag valves replaced?

bers
10-09-2002, 05:05 AM
Earl McCormick of PTP has agreed that a defective micro emag valve #GFX10708 will be replaced by AGD but says AGD does not have any parts.

Does anybody (from AGD) know when the emag valves will be in stock again? a Timeframe maybe?

Thanks in advance.

cphilip
10-09-2002, 07:09 AM
Um its an emag/rt type valve just is etched different...Why would that be an issue? Perhaps Earl is saying they do not have any raw unetched vavle that he cannot get to have etched to a MicroE looking valve. But I am pretty certian they have emag valves at AGD...

Lets go back a step here. What is wrong with this valve? What is the thing doing and what part of the valve is he saying is defective? Has AGD determined this valve is defective? Would you care if they did that it was an emag etched valve rather than one etched MicroEmag?

Answer these questions and maybe I can tell you some other things to do to get this issue resolved.

luke
10-09-2002, 07:30 AM
Heres a quote from Tom a few weeks ago.

I have half a million dollars in Emag parts right now sitting in inventory,

I would say cphilip is on the right track. They probably don't have the valves with the "Micro" engraved in them.......

cphilip
10-09-2002, 07:50 AM
You also may note a little skepticism I have in Earls diagnosis too? ;)

Lets get to the bottom of this! Whats it doing?

bers
10-09-2002, 10:25 AM
Ok, here's some background info.

(keep in mind we're based in the Philippines)
February 2002 my friend, Alex Lee purchased an Ultra blue PTP emag GFX10708 from Emoney (?not sure thats the correct spelling) - guy from I&I Sports
Gun.
After a few hunderd rounds, gun doesnt fire in both manual and electro modes. We're stumped, so we send it back to our local store. To cut a long story short, they try a standard emag valve with the same on/off assembly that came with the micro emag and to our surprise it works fine on the micro, so we figure something is wrong with GFX10708 valve.Our local store decides to send only the valve back.

April 2002 only GFX10708 valve is sent via fedex international shipping back to Emoney. Emoney sends it back to proteam to have it fixed. Dont know exactly what went on between proteam and emoney here.
Alex uses the Ultra Blue emag with a friends valve GFX10832 (from a black PTP micro e which happens to have a problem with the main board - different story) in the mean time.

Sept 2002 We receive the valve GFX10708 but to our surprise it exhibits the same problems as before.
We then send it back (valve only) again via air postal.
Earl (the tech) says there's a broken weld in the power tube. Earl says he sent the valve to AGD.

Meanwhile back in P.I., I buy the Ultra blue micro emag from him at a low price (and inherit the problem as well ) and use my emag EM00354 valve for the mean time.
Alex calls Earl Tuesday (PH time) of this week explaining he's only used the gun for only two weeks and its been almost a year (10 mo) out of his hands already since he purchased it. So Earl agrees to have the valve replaced but says AGD doesnt have the part yet. He'll send the new valve as soon as AGD sends the part to him. Giving me the impression that the ball is with AGD.
My problem now is, when will Proteam send me a new valve?

I dont mind having the Emag-etched valve over the micro emag etched valve.

Giving Earl the benefit of the doubt, CPhilip, you may be right again. It may have something to do with the etching.

Any idea how i can expedite this?
Also do you think anyone can verify that valve GFX10708 is with AGD?

Appreciate your help.

cphilip
10-09-2002, 10:46 AM
OK problem then is you need to send that valve to AGD. Register the valve and get a RA # and send it in. I suspect they want the whole marker. I think you been barking up a wrong tree with this convoluted customer service. Sorry to hear this though. But no matter lets get this thing fixed!

The Micro E's have an odd on off pin size and relationships of the sears. I do not suspect any of that in your case but its possible. If you put another valve in do you use that other valves on off and all? And it works with that? If so then its possible your on off or sear relationships are outa spec as that should not work in there. The on off pin in the Micro E is .670 - .675 and in the emags valve you tried its .720 i think!! Don't hold me to that exactly I do not have my reference in front of me (not sure but its the longer of the two emag ones as its the taller top in the sub 1000 serial numbers) above 1000 they were .712. So I realy need to know if you were changing on off pins when you changed valves or not. thats a real key follow up question. I may be able to help if I know.

Also do you have the Micro E valve and can you see a PT crack?

bers
10-09-2002, 11:02 AM
Sorry Cphilip, I dont have the valve with me right now. It's supposed to be with AGD now as Earl has mentioned he sent it over to AGD. He also mentioned there was a crack in the PT weld.

I've tried the emag valve EM00354 with the microe's on/off assembly (and pin) and it works fine. I've also tried the another microemag GFX10382 valve with the microemag on/off assembly and its works fine also.
So I suspect there's a problem with the original micro emag valve .

Earl has already agreed to have it replaced but he mentioned that AGD doesnt have the part yet and that he'll send it over as soon as the they (proteam)have it.

Do you think it'll be possible to verify if AGD has my valve? and if so can they just send the replacement valve to me instead of going through to Proteam?

cphilip
10-09-2002, 11:08 AM
I see now. OK I would guess that you never registered it with AGD? If so then its gonna be a problem. Let me ask Jon and see if he can find out about this since I have the serial number on it its gonna maybe be simpler. Hold on...I am gonna email him this thead and see if he can help out on this. It may be hard without an RA# which Earl would have. But lets see. Maybe they can slap a regular emag front end. thats the end needs fixing. Or maybe they are rewelding it...

cphilip
10-09-2002, 11:12 AM
Looking for Valve # GFX10708

should have come from PTP Jon.

bers
10-09-2002, 11:13 AM
Thanks appreciate it...

Micro Emag #GFX10708 is the valve in question

Kevmaster
10-09-2002, 05:25 PM
yeh. i had problems with my PTP Emag and so i sent it to PTP for a while. they sent it back claiming it was fixed. nope, wasnt, so i sent it(on the adivce of AO) to AGD. they dropped $300+ parts into it(including a new board because one of the swiches on mine poped off) and sent it back packing...11 days after i shipped i had it back in my hands. works like a charm now. love the baby...tho i just sold it to fund my CnC

cphilip
10-10-2002, 01:32 PM
OK the scoop from Jon is this...

Your Valve was repaired and sent back on the third of Oct to PTP and it arrived there on Tuesday the 8th according to UPS tracking. So either Earl has it or its been shipped it out to you from PTP already. You may want to call him and make sure.

Jon says the work order says they milled some on the on/off and replaced/fixed the Power Tube. So it was fixed not replaced as I suspected it would be. that they can fix.

dropkick1
10-10-2002, 02:58 PM
my micro had a similar problem and i sent it straight back to AGD, a lot quicker. my power tube tip had to be rebrazed and the trigger magnets had fallen out, but now its back and its rocking, my ultra black micro emag is awesome.

ken

bers
10-10-2002, 09:18 PM
thanks for the info cphilip.
really apreciate it.

We'll be giving Earl a call.

DarkPhoenix
10-10-2002, 09:58 PM
Hello, Bers! Welcome to AO! I know this is nowhere near the topic of your original post but I was wondering about how popular paintball is in the Philippines now? I have been in the sport for several years now, but strangely enough my start in the sport was at a carnival in the PI, when I was visiting family there at Christmas. The company was called Gotcha and they had a small speedball field set up at an annual Christmas carnival they called "Big Bang in Alabang".

Anyway, I might be visiting my cousins early next year, and was wondering about the facilities and availability of supplies down there, as well as places to play. I don't mind playing woods ball, but I would rather not, if memory of mosquitoes there serve me right:D . I have heard from my cousins about an indoor field in Metro Manila, in some place called the Power Plant? I would appreciate any info on fields and availability of paint, HPA, etc.... If the market is right, I might bring some stuff to sell down there as I get all my stuff at very close to wholesale prices here:D . Let's correspond!:cool:

bers
10-12-2002, 06:39 AM
Hey DarkPhoenix,

I live in the Alabang area and I'm happy to report that paintball has started to pick up here in the Philippines.
I believe Gotcha is still the biggest outfit here but a couple of local fields have sprung out.

I can name at least 5 speedball (indoor and outdoor) arenas : 2 indoor - festival mall in alabang and power plant mall in makati area; outdoor speedball fields in paranaque, bulacan and the army adventure zone also in makati. There's another field in enchanted kindgom down south of manila scheduled to open this month.

You can checkout the website of one of the outdoor fields : www.geocities.com/renegadepaint

I normally hang out in the indoor arenas like festival mall and powerplant where you can play till midnight!

I do believe there's a market for paintball here, although at the moment paintball prices are targeted at the upper/middle class. Hopefully as more people play and get into paintball the prices start to drop.

let me know when you come to the P.I., I'll introduce you to the owners of the fields I mentioned.

Raymond 'Bers'

DarkPhoenix
10-12-2002, 09:08 AM
Nice! Strangely enough, I know exactly where that is since several of my step-cousins live in Merville. Wow! P1 a paintball? I don't know what the conversion rate is now but I wonder what type of paint is available and how much is it? If I read that website correctly, I would pay P2000.00, on top of the price of a case of paint. Since I haven't been there in awhile, it seems very steep to me, but it is probably less than what I pay for here. What is with those chest protectors/armor? Are they mandatory use? Do they use a chrono? I am hoping I don't have to use their equipment:D . Thanks for the info, I'll definitely drop you a line when I come in a couple of months.

bers
10-13-2002, 08:54 AM
the armor is usually reserved for those who'd like to minimize on the welts. Usually the newbs. Also you're more than welcome to use your own equipment. Most of the regulars have impys, sypders, angels's , timmys, shockers, bushys, you name it. Oh and of course mags and emags.
:)

As you might expect most of the more experienced players over here dont wear the armor.
The chrono they use at Renegade paintball is the handheld chrono (the yellow ones i forgot the brand) and you're required to chrono before the game. Rules and safety is quite similar to the U.S. Although not as strictly enforced.

About the paint, most of the fields here will charge you corkage (?spelling) fee if you dont get paint from them. The paint is usually imported from taiwan and is of the dry shelled variety. Some of the other fields import the "house" paint from the U.S. Still others have the marbelizers and some of the R.P.S paint as well.

cphilip
10-13-2002, 09:18 AM
Where's your valve at this point?

bers
10-13-2002, 09:56 AM
Cphilip,
Tried calling earl yesterday but he wasnt in. Will call him monday for sure

bers
10-14-2002, 10:04 AM
Here's an update.

Accdg to earl AGD sent out the valve just last friday and that our valve (GFX10708) should arrive at PROTEAM this Tuesday or Wednesday.

Now we havent mentioned anything to Earl about this thread and I can only speculate on what's really happenning at proteam.

He then gave us two options; 1)get our old valve back or 2) replace with a new valve.
Sticking to what we've already agreed upon we said we wanted to have the valve replaced.

:mad:
Furthermore,

Earl said if we wanted to have our valve replaced we'd have to wait till after the world cup cause according to earl, AGD wont be able to send out any valves till then.
And he also mentioned that he's still waiting for the batch of Emag valves that he ordered from AGD.

Cphilip,
Does AGD etch the "micro" in the valves for Proteam or does proteam etch it themselves?

Also would you know if Proteam is scheduled to have a batch of valves?

...would you have any ideas on how we can expedite this?
Or should i just be patient and wait for my hair to turn grey

Appreciate any help.

:confused:

bers
10-15-2002, 07:49 PM
By the way, when is the world cup?

cphilip
10-15-2002, 09:34 PM
WC is next week.

The work order for that valve and the UPS tracking # Jon checked showed it was fixed and PTP had it already. Call AGD...something is amiss!

I have no idea who and where they are done. Probably AGD sends them to the etching and then they go onto PTP I don't realy know.

But like I said AGD showed that valve was shipped and the package recieved by PTP.

I will try and recheck that for you but I suggest you deal with AGD direct from now on if its a AGD part that is at issue.

bers
10-16-2002, 10:36 AM
Ok thanks Cphilip,

Learned my lesson the hard way....:(