PDA

View Full Version : Mini Mag--- horrible shootdown. ???

NeroWolfe
10-09-2002, 05:42 AM
I recently added a Level 10 bolt to my Mini Mag, and have been dialing it in. I played a few games with it successfully. It seemed to be operating great! It passed the ball pinch test several times! (cool to watch)

I then added a new drop forward and a gas-thru grip, but only test fired it a couple of times after assembly. When returned from a trip, I gassed up, headded to the field, and tried playing with it. I fired about 5 shots, and had horrible 'shootdown'. It was acting like it was starving for air! I chronoed it at 280fps, but had very slow recharge. I inspected the setup. no pinched or too tightly curved lines (steel braided). I inspected the gas-thru...appears fine. I haven't taken apart the drop and run the old lines yet, but could the problem actually be that I'm getting insufficient airflow through this set up? Or does it seem more likely that I didn't have the level 10 totally tuned in? Is it possible something happened with the level 10 when I left it sit for 3 weeks?

I clean my marker after every day of use, and treat with lots of TLC!

By the way, I can shoot fine if I shoot one shot per second! Lame, Lame, Lame! If anyone has any suggestion before I tear it apart and try to get another air feed setup, I'd love to hear it. (limited parts up here in alaska! :)

thanks,

Mike Anderson
Juneau, Alaska
-Mini Mag
-Level 10 w/stock valve
-68 ci steel hpa
-14in boomstick
-12 Revy w/X-board

Smokee_2_7
10-09-2002, 12:31 PM
number one question to you: What kind of air system are you using? When you fire the gun, does the output gauge on the air system (assuming you have an adjustable output) rise about 2/3 the way to where it should, and another second or so later finish bumping it's way up to where it was preset?

I know that may seem like an off the wall question, but Im having THE SAME problem - - - - And Im beginning to think it's my air system. Today I will be able to hook up a different tank to it- - - should let me know.

FYI, im using a 3k flatline. (I actually have 2 of them) and Im experiencing the same problem.

I want to get to the bottom of this one as bad as you do. . .

Carl

athomas
10-09-2002, 01:46 PM
NeroWolfe:

Assuming you are using a new screw in ASA on your drop, check the bottle to see if it is screwing into the ASA properly. Check the ASA pin length. These could be contributing factors to the airflow problem.

NeroWolfe
10-09-2002, 06:43 PM
Well, I just hooked my old remote (in the pic) straight to my vavle and It worked beautifully! So either it is the line setup or the ASA adapter. Thanks for the tips guys. I guess I'll start with the adapter to see if I have to change the cradle. Bummer, just picked this one up from a friend.

thanks again guys! This has to be one of the best forums!

NeroWolfe.