PDA

View Full Version : palmer stabalizers.....

sime
10-09-2002, 09:08 AM
hi, i've got a question about the palmer stabalizers (or any other regulator for that matter).

i'm getting one of these for my phantom, however a few people have said slap it on my mag. personally, i think it's a bit redundant to add another reg, granted i do see thier point. i'm currently running CO2 (and adding it would certainly help the liquid situation), but i will be going HPA soon. glenn at palmer said if i'm to use the stabalizer with HPA on my mag, i'd be better off modifying my AIR, and just using the stabalizer for velocity adjustments. which also brings up the issue of some triple reg'ed guns i've seen..........ie. what's up with that?

if all this sounds confusing, it's because i'm confused. i'm just wondering peoples opinions, and maybe experiences.

cheers!

Kevmaster
10-09-2002, 09:46 AM
with Co2 the palmer if a GREAT reg. much better than any ive used and seen. if you are using it on your mag, you can set it around 700-800 to get ALL the liquid out of the co2 going into the mag

if you are going HPA with the PPS, its just going to get in the way(you are now triple reging the air). you do not need to gut the mag valve. its proven and works just fine. will the PPS make it more consistant? possibly. is the Mag stock valve capable of 1-2fps variances? yes

TheTramp
10-09-2002, 10:08 AM
If you put the plamer on your Mag with CO2 you wont be tripple reging it. The CO2 tank doesn't have a reg (just a valve) so you can set the Palmer to 800 (as the guy above said) and it'll be like a N2 tank. You are right about using the Palmer w/ N2. That would be three regs and could cause shoot-down (ie: gutting the AIR valve would remove one reg but why not just take off the Palmer).

MinimagRockin'
10-09-2002, 01:48 PM
I have a palmers stabalizer on my mag and it works good. No shootdown or freezing. I still want HPA though because I have the stabalizer that screws right into the AIR valve and it's rather heavy and somewhat awkward. Still It's a great reg and will make your gun shoot great with co2. I'd rather have a heavy awkward part on my gun that makes it shoot consistantly than one without that freezes up at the worst possible times if you know what I mean. Also some of the posts above said set it at 700-800, how do I know if it's at 700-800?

TheTramp
10-09-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by MinimagRockin'
Also some of the posts above said set it at 700-800, how do I know if it's at 700-800?

I don't know how you'd mount a guage with your set-up. If you had a male Palmer (the one that looks like a standard reg screws into a vertical adaptor) you could mount a guage on the vertical adaptor as long as it had two holes. That would show you the pressure after the Palmer.

FreshmanBob
10-09-2002, 02:37 PM
Some stuff about the stab.

I've triple regged my mag with a stab an crossfire tank before and had 0 shootdown problems. Currently I have my AIR reg gutted and I'm using a verticle stab for velocity control. I'm getting VERY good velocity, +/- 1 with this set up. Not only that but with the stock reg going i was limited to the short spring with my level 10 (venting), now I'm using the middle spring. Not only that, but with the stabilizer the AIR reg isn't really needed. The stab is more consistant and has higher flow.
I'm also thinking of having a machinest make an aluminum back for my reg to save weight, depends on how expensive it is.

As far as ajusting the pressure in your stab with co2 an without a gauge it's pretty easy. Just gas up your gun with the stabilizer on there. Ajust it down until you see a loss in velocity. Then get it back up to velocity +1 1/2 to 2 turns more an you've got about 200 psi higher than what your mag reg is using.

Anyway, stabilizers are the best regs out there, work great with co2 and nitro, go for it.

Kevmaster
10-09-2002, 05:26 PM
the AIR reg recharges just as fast as a PPS if not faster. there is really no need for a PPS in place of or with an AIR if you are running HPA/N2. however, with Co2, a PPS will do VERY good and simulate HPA to the mag.

FreshmanBob
10-09-2002, 07:20 PM
Beleive what you like, but I get better chrono readings with my stab than without it, same paint same barrel, same gun, plus the fact you can run a longer spring with level 10..