PDA

View Full Version : how are impys

EsPo
10-09-2002, 03:19 PM
Im about to get some money, and i was thinkin about getting an impy, and i gotta few questions. i was gonna get a non vision impy cause im poor, i just wanted to know if it was a vvery big mistake to not get vision. are they low matenince or high matenince? what are good upgrades, and what do they do? Where can i get a non vision for cheap(under 400 sumwhere) any answers are appreciated thanks. btw, how are bko's? i have never shot one, and never owned a gun by indian creek so i am reluctant to by one.

rhetor22
10-09-2002, 03:25 PM
Impys are good guns. There are sorta mixed reviews about the reliabilty tho.

I'm pretty sure the vision is an upgrade you could purchase later.

Your mag doesn't have lvl 10 tho, and you live with it right? ;)

The new run of BKOs i hear are great. I would go for it if i were you. Then you could save your money for other things.

try actionvillage.com... they usually have good prices. If not just have 888paintball take that 10% or whatever they do now off.

EsPo
10-09-2002, 03:31 PM
i hear that the eye really only is needed once you hit like 13 bps or suttin.. i cant shoot that fast anyway, ill be the first on AO to admit it, i think i shoot slow.
the only thing i dont like about the BKO is that it already comes customized. i like to make my gun the way i like it(that made sense... think about it). also, does any1 know if you can double rock the trigger on either of those, i always wanted a gun where u could do that after i shot my friends angel

EsPo
10-09-2002, 03:48 PM
another question, what kind of threads are the bko's, cocker or are they seperate?

Mossman
10-09-2002, 03:49 PM
What is Double Rocking?
Impies are good guns.
Vision is not necessary at all from my experience

sk8dood
10-09-2002, 03:55 PM
BKO threads, i think are ICD, but for a little bit of money you can get them cocker threaded. i belive it is under $80 for cocker threads, and you have to order the BKO through ICD.

EsPo
10-09-2002, 04:20 PM
double rocking is using one finger (index on my part) to shoot once, then when the trigger rebounds, you hit it with the other finger(middle for me). in some cases, you can do it really fast(angel) in other cases, you can do it vvvvvvery slow(tippmann spyder ect). im suprised that im the only person who knows wat double rocking is, ill c if i could paint up a diagram. edit> my paint diagram was to big.

AcemanPB
10-09-2002, 04:31 PM
From my expereince i think Impys are great guns. A vision is a nice thing to have but it is not neccasary. These guns are really good, they love co2 and are fairly consistent with the max-flo reg.

I don't think reliability is an issue at all with the newer impys. 2 of my friends bought vision imps a while ago (when they moved the on/off button to the back) and they have had ZERO problems with their guns, another guy at my field shoots a nasty and that thing is sweet and he hasn't had any major problems. And another guy bought an adreniline impy but I haven't tried that out yet.

Another great thing about impulses is they are great out of the box, the only thing i would complain about is the trigger is a little sloppy. but for 60 bucks you can throw on a delrin bolt and blade trigger (tape werm too if you want to spend that) and you will have a sweet gun!

** oh yeah and don't forget to lube your impulses in the approprite places too, i've seen guys who haven't and they are regretting it. It's a simple process once you get it down i've learned to do my friends just my screwing around with it.

j.t.
10-09-2002, 05:43 PM
Double rocking the trigger? I have always known it as "walking the trigger" :confused:

TRIAD
10-09-2002, 06:39 PM
I've heard of it as "walking". Maybe he's just weird.;)

DoctorStox
10-09-2002, 06:50 PM
well, i was just the owner of a cusotm 1 of 1 imp, and i can tell you this. blazing fast. kinda heavy compared to say cockers or bushy's, but so are mags, and mags rule. u can definetly walk the trigger, depending on how you get your springs set. the only problem i have heard of is the solenoids goin and first shot drop off. the first upgrade i would get for a stock imp is a solenoid optomizer. here is a pic of mine, even though she is gone now, just so you can see what is possable, but dont plan on that trigger frame, only one like it ever made by smart parts.

EsPo
10-09-2002, 06:56 PM
excuse my wierdness, i think im goin with the BKO.. due to funds.

cris8762
10-09-2002, 07:09 PM
well, if you want to get a really nice imp for VERY cheap get a stock imp with the following upgrades:

1. Adjustable blade trigger (25 dollars)

2. Solenoid optimizer (tapeworm is cheapest for 20 bucks, LPR is most expensive [price depends on reg used])

3. Vertical regulator (reduces overallheight of gun and is more comfy IMO)

with those two upgrades you will have a extremely fast shooting well working gun, and if you had a little extra cash to spend after that you couuld get a delrin bolt, and or a titanium pullpin plus brass hammer to reduce kick (it's not that bad with the imp in the 1st place but could use some improvement)

DoctorStox
10-09-2002, 07:13 PM
i would go with the imp simply because of the upgradeability. however, i would take a bko with nitro over an impulse with co2, for the regulators sake.

EsPo
10-09-2002, 07:26 PM
cris, how much u lookin for, i got a mag if u wanna trade.. not vision rite? doctor sox, i got a nitro tank, i wanna impy really bad, but i dont have the sufficient funds.

cris8762
10-09-2002, 07:28 PM
ACTUALLY, the imp runs EXTREMELY well on CO2, the maxflo runs very well on co2 as lon as you have a antisiphon tube in your tank correctly set up for your asa

many of the players on the All Americans 10-man team use CO2 because they get more shots out of it so they aren't lugging around giant 114/4500 tanks

plus doctorsox, i believe the frame on ur imp is a freakfactory shorty frame

Shorty grip frame: less waste, reduces the overall height of marker. (taken from smart parts europe website)

i dont know if you can get the single triger shorty frame online, but if you called them up you could probably convince them to do one for you or you could just buy a single trigger I-frame for it from HSW, i recommend that you check www.e-paintballoutlet.com for all of you impulse needs!!
;)

EsPo
10-09-2002, 07:31 PM
excuse me, i read your post wrong

cris8762
10-09-2002, 07:37 PM
sorry man, i'm not really interested in trading my imp...i've invested a pretty penny into getting it perfect for me...plus i dont think it's what you're looking for (pricewise)

the things that i listed that you should get were just general things to get, i dont have that exact imp, here's my imps specs:

2002 Impulse Vision ready
VooDoo Full Flow solenoid optimizer
VooDoo Delrin Bolt
14" 2002 All American barrel
Vetical Max-Flo regulator
Adjustable New Designz Blade Trigger
Dye Stickies

DoctorStox
10-09-2002, 07:39 PM
no, the shorty frames are still 2x, and not as short as mine, or at leats i dont hink. can u link me to prove me otherwise?

EsPo
10-09-2002, 07:41 PM
any1 ever shot a BKO

cris8762
10-09-2002, 07:44 PM
i dont have a link, but i bet that if you called up smart parts europe and schmoozed them a bit ("oh i absolutely LOVE your products and i think that England is gonna win the next X-Ball tourney!") that they might consider making one for ya, or you could always call Werm at www.imperialpaintball.com and get him to try and make one for ya!

DoctorStox
10-09-2002, 07:46 PM
well, do that and my old imp will be 1 of 2, lol. either way, it aint mine any more.

EsPo
10-09-2002, 08:35 PM
cmon, no1 ever shot a BKO?

Mr.TKO
10-09-2002, 08:38 PM
I was thinking about Impulses. They look really sexy, and from what I've heard there decent. There no mag, but the decent:p

RTMAGBOY13
10-09-2002, 10:14 PM
impys are da bomb get a RAT or a Nasty w/vision , a decent bolt and the blade/magnetic trigger and ur unstopable:D

Ityl
10-09-2002, 10:23 PM
I think Impy's are junk. If you're low on funds you def want something reliable.

FeuerFri
10-09-2002, 11:59 PM
i just got my impy, and compared to a bko, well, there is no comparison. i would not recommend a bko, just cause your are proly going to want to customize the marker to your likings and with the bko you just can't do it, all you can do is put in a new chip and a barrel. after the barrel and chip your at 500 all in all and proly regreting the marker.
i was looking at getting one or the other as well, and you need to think of it in the terms of what is going to be better in the long run, may as well spend the extra money for the better marker.

regaurds to the vision eye: i don't have one, and i have no problems at all with choping. i use a r2k, and it has some trouble keeping up, and i did chop a ball or 2 while at the shooting range, but i was also firing as fast as i possably could, and it was fault of my loader, not marker. it is also an upgrade you can get later on when you have the money and granting you feel you need it, though it does open you up to 20 bps.

the stock bord lets you fire at 13.7bps without vison, and with it you get up to 20, and a vison upgrade later on is like 130 i wanna say, maybe more. good upgrades are realy personal preferance, if you want to run it at a lower pressure than 180, you can get a lpr, which alows to mount a cockers front reg to you valve cap, and from i understand, that will take you down around 120psi. you can also get magnetic triggers like the emags, for a snappy triggr pull, or an adj. blade and make the pull smooth and sweet. you can get lighter or heavyer internals, for less kick(not that there is any that i havebeen able to notice), as well as a derlin bolt which a popular fisrt, as it eliminates the need for lubing the bolt, and has been said by said, vary by which one you get, to give an ince in velocity by as much as 20-40fps. a solinoid optimizer is a nice upgrade too, it is sapposed to eliminate bolt stick for when you feel you need to dry fire. the stock barrel is a progressive, so their is no real need to replace it right away, and it is one of the better barrels in my opinon, so unless you want a freak or empire barrel kit their is no need to get a new one.

i would not go by exactly what i say because i am going mostly by what i have read on the iog boards, and product desriptions on sites, but i feel those would be realy accurate. a realy recomend going to www.impulseownersgroup.com to find out alot more.

hope i helped answer your questions, and if you want to ask me anything else, pm or e-mail me, i would be more than happy to try an aswer any of your questions you may have.

as for upkeep, just put some dow33 on the bolt, and various other parts, and the dow33 comes with the marker. the manuel is prity comprehinsive as to what all needs to be done exactly.

davidb
10-10-2002, 12:07 AM
Well I couldn't tell you out of my own experience which of the two is better, but I can tell you this - if I were you I wouldn't settle for your second choice just because you don't have the money RIGHT NOW. Wait a little while, the price dif is not that big, and you obviously would rather have an Imp and would probably regret buying the BKO for that reason alone.

sk8dood
10-10-2002, 07:42 AM
FeuerFri- you have no idea what you are talking about, do you? BKOs can be upgraded. you can get a new valve, bolt, tiggers, trigger frames, HPR, and chips. So basically Voprized. check out www.vaporworks.net , I have shot a BKO and it rips as fast as my b2k

My .02

EsPo
10-10-2002, 03:28 PM
im gonna go with the bko, as soon as i get rid of my mag.. i read the reviews on it on pbreview, and from what it looks like it rips, anyway, does any1 know how to adjust the trigger, do u have to take the entire frame apart, or just adjust the trigger stop? also, does it come stock with that phat arse blade trigger?

sk8dood
10-10-2002, 03:42 PM
EsPo- The trigger is soo easy to adjust, i have the blade on my B2K. It has 2 screws on the trigger, the top one is for the forward slop, and the bottom one is for the back slop. And thats it. ABC...123

EsPo
10-10-2002, 03:47 PM
are the screws external? exactly(well, not exactly) how small can i get the trigger pull... why is the bko so cheap, it seems like a very nice gun.

RTMAGBOY13
10-10-2002, 03:53 PM
espo listen to me a load about impulses if ur goin to get a bko then get a plain impy cause ur payin like 300 for jsut the milling and anodizin and it aint that great bko dont really have ne upgrades to them if you want a nice upgraded one for a affordable price look at the nasty impulse or the project rats they both offer upgraded internerls the choice of magnetic (blade or plain one) or plain blade and it will save you money so check out
www.paintballwholesalers.com
www.e-paintballoutlet.com
yea if ne one wants a powerfeed mag they have them at e-paintballoutlet in the demo section at the bottom for 250

EsPo
10-10-2002, 03:55 PM
are you telling me to get a nasty impulse? i cant even afford a regular imp.

RTMAGBOY13
10-10-2002, 04:03 PM
well how much do u have to spend?

krafty
10-10-2002, 04:26 PM
EsPo (and anyone else interested):

The new ICD site is up at www.icdproducts.com if you feel like checking it out. The BK0 is cheaper than a regular bushmaster because of a few changes in the internals (2-way with a spring return instead of a 4-way), a different LPR I believe, and a few other things. They're nice guns, and I've seen them for $249 on ebay. The screws are easily accessable (although you may want some loctite to keep them from moving on you). See www.warpig.com for which loctite to buy. They did a great article on it a couple weeks ago. 242 or 243 would probably do a good job.

They also are starting to take orders on the new '03 B2K's with the new trigger frames. :) Gotta find where my wife hid my credit card!

Brian68mag
10-10-2002, 04:34 PM
Im not clear one exactly what you currently have, maybe i missed it.
If you currently own a mag i would keep it, if you have the air valve and need more speed just get a retro or a electro grip. Get level 10 first though.

If you dont own a mag i would recommend getting a used one off of this site. You could easily get a complete setup for under 400 that included a tank and level 10.
I dont really like imps because of reliability, size, matenance and i just dont really have confidence in them as they have let me down before and let people on my team down.
The bko is just a cheap electro and i wouldnt recommend that.
Get a mag' or upgrade your mag'
If a mag' isnt what your looking for there are other high quality options.
Genx cocker.
classic timmy.
Palmer blazer.
2003/2 vert cocker.
Maybe a used emag?
I would not recommend a imp unless its a high end one, and it doesnt look like that is possible.
Like i said before i'd go with the mag'

EsPo
10-10-2002, 04:39 PM
btw, i have 350 to spend

brain(im guessin thats your name) i have had a mag for a long time now, and all it has given me is trouble. i really want an electro pneumatic, btw, the bko is not just "a cheap electro"

Brian68mag
10-10-2002, 04:50 PM
In my opinion it is, i consider the bushmaster a lower quality electro so when they downgrade it i compare it to electro spyders or black draguns.
When you say your mag has given you nothing but trouble what do you mean? im sure there is a simple fix as not much can go wrong with the A.I.R valve.
Again, i would fix the mag, get level 10($80) if you havent already, a intelliframe and spend the rest on a tank if you dont already have one, that setup would be alot better then a stock imp or bko.
Low priced electros is taking a risk with your money, there is a good chance it will be fine but again it may turn into a nightmare. I've seen both.
If your that intent on going electro get a hyperframe.
I'd stay with what you got and fix it, or send it to agd and use a star and they will do a overhaul on it.

ubooze
10-10-2002, 05:10 PM
If you want more trouble, get the electro. Unless you play some large tourneys or just have to have the fastest trickest gun around there is no sense in buying a electro. The more gadgets to use, the more gadgets to BREAK! I think Brien68mag has a point, at least you have AGD to support you, and at least the opperation of the gun is mechanical. The BKO is supposedly limited at 10 BPS, and the Impy is a lot of money to spend.

EsPo
10-10-2002, 05:12 PM
you have the right to call a bushmaster a low end electro, but i consider it a medium quality, medium high quality electro. a bushmaster is not a blowback semi with an electro grip frame..spyders, black draguns. the spyders/black draguns are blowbacks just constantly pounding on the hammer.. unlike a bushmaster or impy for instance. by constantly giving me problems i mean CONSTANTLY breaking orings, leaking out the back of the gun, experiencing shootdown ect... one time i chronoed 345,125 359,159,280 129.. that is shootdown if i ever saw it. i can either buy a bushmaster with the money i sold my mag for and have 90 left over for upgrades, or, spend 200-300 dollars on a hyperframe, and constantly have even more problems, and i would also have to replace my sear like after every time i play(exageration). it is totally opinion on electro or mechanical, obviously, you like mechanical trigger pulls(mag cocker.. whatever) and obviously i like the feel of electric (impys, bushmasters, BKO) you get it?

peeps here said they hit 14 13 bps with it http://www.pbreview.com/1243/1/0/

they also say that icd has AWESOME customer support, read for yourself.

j.t.
10-10-2002, 05:24 PM
If you cant even keep your automag in good working condition then I'm wondering how you are going to deal with an electro such as an Impulse.

If your automag is properly maintaned you should be able to hold a very consistent velocity (i can usually keep it around +/-4). :confused: :rolleyes:

EsPo
10-10-2002, 05:27 PM
just because i dont like my mag, there is no need to flame me, i actually can maintain my mag, its just a pain in the arse. at least when i get an electro, it will be worth the maitinence, i will keep a short, electric trigger pull, instead of my mags medium mechanical trigger pull.

j.t.
10-10-2002, 05:47 PM
sorry bout that... didnt intend to flame you. :(

Mind if i make a suggestion? Try replacing your regulator seat, and then dont take apart the rear of the valve again, and you might find your consistancy will improve tremendously from what you stated in your previous post.

Also, i understand your desire for a short, electro trigger. I have also considered switching to an Impulse/Bushmaster for the trigger pull. What I forgot to consider were the other things I might have to deal with, such as reliability, and the possibility of the marker failing (not to mention how easily i would be able to fix any of these problems) :(

EsPo
10-10-2002, 05:51 PM
ill take my chances, when i come here for support with my crappy electro, you can flame my arse off deal? nother question, can i put the vapor chip in a bko?

sk8dood
10-10-2002, 05:55 PM
EsPo- You can get the trigger pull on those things to be a mouse click or shorter.

This whole thread has become a Impulse vs Bushmaster debate, all this guy wanted was some advice to make a decision. And he has made a decision to get a BKO, please do not flame him because of a decision.

sk8dood
10-10-2002, 05:58 PM
i just saw you poasted while i was typing, yes you can replace the chip with a chaos chip.

EsPo
10-10-2002, 06:02 PM
thanks alot sk8dood

sk8dood
10-10-2002, 06:04 PM
no prob :cool:

Rancid Milk
10-11-2002, 02:22 PM
When I shoot my friends impy it doesnt have the vert reg or anything, it feels HUGE. It depends what you want w/ your gun, if you play back then I guess its okay, but if you play front or mid, I'd use a mag. just my opinion though.

TNS2k2
10-11-2002, 02:43 PM
That impulse that DoctorStox had was my friends impulse. i never had a chance to see try it while it worked correctly. it is a custom made marker made by Aaron Stephens i believe. i didnt really like the way that it felt, nor did i like the way that my Imp felt. i would get the BKO if i were you. many of the imps i have heard about, from the people i know did not work correctly or take alot of maintenance. there are some that are pretty nice but still i like reliable markers. i have had some cockers too, not alot of maintanence but just leave it alone if you dont know what you are doing. i think i would take an Automag and get intelli, lv 10 and retro later on.

FeuerFri
10-11-2002, 05:23 PM
sk8dood, you dont need to be a prick, no i don't much about bko other than the only place that makes parts for them is vaporworks and i could never find one instock during the time i was wanting one. plus the fact that i never said i did know a damn thing about the markers.

and if you have 350, just save up the 450 for a whole b2k with all the stuff, it would be cheaper in the long i would bet. i have heard the velocity on the bkos is a mug to set up as well.

one last coment, have you seen the muder Inc. custom bkos? those are realy sway and you may wanna check them out. i they have a flame milling design and stuff and they do look cool.

sk8dood
10-11-2002, 06:08 PM
sk8dood, you dont need to be a prick, no i don't much about bko other than the only place that makes parts for them is vaporworks and i could never find one instock during the time i was wanting one. plus the fact that i never said i did know a damn thing about the markers.
if you dont know anything about the markers then why comment about them? i DO NOT know anything about impulses, so that is why i am not makeing any comments about them

and if you have 350, just save up the 450 for a whole b2k with all the stuff, it would be cheaper in the long i would bet. i have heard the velocity on the bkos is a mug to set up as well.
I do agree with you on that, you are going to get better performance off of the B2K.

one last coment, have you seen the muder Inc. custom bkos? those are realy sway and you may wanna check them out. i they have a flame milling design and stuff and they do look cool.
I have seen them, they do look nice, but why spend the money on a bko, when you could get a new b2k for the same price?

FeuerFri
10-11-2002, 06:43 PM
my comments on the bko were coming form what i have been told while i was looking into getting one. i was told the stock regs are not good at all, as well as the stock barrels are kinda ify. plus, i have not realy seen any aftermarket embracment for the marker, and if you plan to upgrde the impy seems to have a larger selection of parts and companies to choose from.i agree i was prolly in the wrong for speacking from a second hand comment made by a few ppl. but i am also keeping in mind that it was made as an entry level eletro for ppl who wanted the feel of an eletro with out the big money price tag, and is not a sear tripping blowback, and would think that the impy would come with higher quality/better preforming internals.

DoctorStox
10-11-2002, 06:49 PM
children, calm down children, dont make us seperate you two

sk8dood
10-11-2002, 06:57 PM
DoctorStox-everything here is cool. just a little misunderstanding.

FeuerFri- i do agree, the impulses do have a big after market, not as big as 'cockers :D, the b2k doenst have have a big aftermarket because you really dont need to replace anything on it. it works great out of the box. i have shot a nasty and i loved it, and almost bought one. so that is my experiances with impulses.

Ov3rmind
10-11-2002, 07:27 PM
When I shoot my friends impy it doesnt have the vert reg or anything, it feels HUGE. It depends what you want w/ your gun, if you play back then I guess its okay, but if you play front or mid, I'd use a mag. just my opinion though.
Are you kidding? Bushys are some of the smallest and lightest guns I've ever held, perfect for playing the front (excellent for snap shooting). Have you ever looked at one from behind? They are insanely thin. How tall are you, how much do you weigh?

I personally like the Bushmaster a lot after it's upgraded. The Imp does technically peform the same on paper, and better with upgrades. However, to me, the Imp feels cheaper. It doesn't bother most people though. I myself have thought of getting a MacDev Sonic Bushy before, very nice guns (it's between that, an LCD Angel, and a Viking when/if I decide to go electro).

EsPo
10-11-2002, 09:22 PM
i am 4 11 97lbs, are bushys light?

Ov3rmind
10-11-2002, 09:47 PM
Wow, I just realized that I thought Rancid Milk was talking about the Bushy in the part I quoted him in, sorry! I dunno what I was thinking. In it's own respect though, I do think the Imp is on the larger side, just not huge. The vert Maxflow is one of the larger regs out there though.

EsPo, Bushys are among the lighter group of guns. There are many custom milled guns lighter, but the Bushy is certainly light enough on it's own.

sk8dood
10-11-2002, 10:18 PM
oh god, my b2k is light, even with the tank and everything. its not the shortest marker, but you get used to it.

Ov3rmind
10-11-2002, 10:59 PM
Lookit how thin these bad boys are:
http://forums.paintballcity.com/attachment2.php?attachmentid=30261&large=1

http://forums.paintballcity.com/attachment2.php?attachmentid=30263&large=1

http://forums.paintballcity.com/attachment2.php?attachmentid=30260&large=1

Granted those pics are from a Sonic, but the normal Bushies are still around the same.

EsPo
10-12-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by FeuerFri
and if you have 350, just save up the 450 for a whole b2k with all the stuff, it would be cheaper in the long i would bet.

wouldnt it be almost the same if i bought a chaos chip instead of spendin the extra 200 or so dollars..

sk8dood
10-12-2002, 10:38 AM
actually no. the bk0 has a 2-way compared to a b2k which has a 4-way. so with the b2k you are going to get better performance out of your marker.

EsPo
10-12-2002, 10:43 AM
im new to this kinda stuff, whats a 2way and wats a 4 way.... go ahead.. flame away.

sk8dood
10-12-2002, 11:41 AM
i should have been more specific. a 2-way solenoid and a 4-way solenoid. the 2-way uses a spring to push the bolt open. and the 4-way uses air. hope that helps, and im not 100% sure that is correct.