PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite movie?

Brian68mag
10-10-2002, 08:46 PM
I watched Boondock saints last night, i would highly recommend it.
What are some of your favorite movies, i'd like some entertainment tonight but dont have an idea of what i want.
:)

HoppysMag
10-10-2002, 08:54 PM
super troopers is funny.:D

Allen
10-10-2002, 09:13 PM
Mission Impossible.

Sir Chopsalot
10-10-2002, 09:20 PM
Cannibal the musical, please tell me someone has seen this movie besides me

Hemlock86
10-10-2002, 09:58 PM
1. Happy Gilmore & Tommy Boy
2. Desperado
3. Lord of the Rings

my top 3 favorites.....HappyG and T boy are almost the same, lol.

Wang
10-10-2002, 10:15 PM
Donnie Darko!

Hemlock86
10-10-2002, 10:27 PM
The Big Labowski is another great.

Kai
10-10-2002, 11:33 PM
More praise for The Boondock Saints.

...but, my favorite movie would have to be Fight Club.

Vash02
10-10-2002, 11:34 PM
yes boondock saints all the way man...i saw that movie a long time ago and i cant count how many times i have seen it. in fact, its on my computer. i also have a theme around that movie on my computer. excelent movie..i live and die by that movie.

now for other movies...im SURE you've seen this one cause everyone has but i strongly recommend the fast and the furious. umm the gladiator, the patriot(mel gibson version), office space, billy madison, pitch black, the saint, the matrix, the professional, desperado...i could keep goin but this is sufficiant.

Collegeboy
10-10-2002, 11:40 PM
The Power of One

Kai
10-10-2002, 11:41 PM
Way to post the same thing twice, there, partner.

Gotenks
10-10-2002, 11:55 PM
There are so many good movies, I just can't pic a favorite.

But one I recently watched that I REALLY enjoyed was

The Count of Monte Cristo

^way awesome movie, I suggest anyone who hasn't seen it, watch it, and hell, read the book too.

zen_dawg
10-11-2002, 12:55 AM
The Army of Darkness. Scott Campbell ovvnz!

Archangel Damien
10-11-2002, 08:36 AM
the matrix

synreal
10-11-2002, 08:49 AM
gotta put in another vote for donny darko, excellent film.

amelie
snatch
lock stock and two smoking barrels
requiem for a dream
fight club (too bad they ditched plans to make another one of his books, "survivor")
doom generation (god awful campy movie, but i love it)
cecil b. demented
hedwig and the angry inch
se7en
8mm (though the plot ends about 20 minutes before the film does)
12 monkeys
pulp fiction
american psycho

...that'll do for now.

//edit//

le pacte des loups (brotherhood of the wolf)
l.i.e.
delicatessen

wyn1370
10-11-2002, 09:22 AM
”And Shepards we shall be, for thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filius, Spiritus sanctus”

That used to be my sig (way back in the day)
But onto my alltime fav movie
return of the jedi

masterninja
10-11-2002, 09:35 AM
Leon (UK version of The Professional), The Big Blue, Heat, Untitled (directors cut of Almost Famous), Casablanca, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Empire Records, and Bring it On.

It's all about Eliza Dushku!!

Thordic
10-11-2002, 09:36 AM
Just about any movie with Brad Pitt, or Johnny Depp you know is going to be good. Also, anything directed by Tim Burton or Quentin Tarrantino usually turns out great. I have high hopes for Guy Ritchie too, lets hope he comes out with some more good ones.

Johnny Depp picks some of the coolest scripts ever. His movies are always interesting, and NEVER bad.

As for movies, Army of Darkness, Snatch, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Dark City, 5th Element stuff like that.

I love REALLY odd sci-fi movies. An excellent movie is called La Cité des enfants perdus. Its a french movie, with subtitles. Ron Perlman stars in it. My brother and my dad saw it too, it was too weird for them. I thought it was excellent.

I am a huge movie fan, though. 4+ trips to the movies a month isn't unusual. I write movie reviews as a hobby, although I've been slacking lately. I've studied film a little in college as well.

Im gonna stop rambling now :)

slateman
10-11-2002, 09:38 AM
1. Glory

2. Dogma (Funny..yet deep)

3. Heat

Yes, I know the Godfather isn't up there. I've never seen the whole thing :eek:

FishHook
10-11-2002, 10:24 AM
army of darkness would have to be my fav.

you gotta love it when he gets out of the pit and holds up his shotgun saying
"This is my BOOMSTICK!!!"

Archangel Damien
10-11-2002, 11:26 AM
Fear and loathing in los vegas

mykroft
10-11-2002, 11:40 AM
Unn, that's Bruce Campbell, not Scott Campbell in Army of Darkness.

Hmmm,

Boondock Saints
Knocking On Heaven's Door (Cowboy Bebop Movie)
Clerks
Evil Dead 2
Dazed & Confused
Ginger Snaps
Full Metal Jacket
Die Hard
Apocalypse Now
Saving Private Ryan

And for all you Boondock Saints fans, the sequel is currently filming in Toronto. The McManus Brothers are definitly in it, Troy Duffy is writing & Directing, no word on Willem Dafoe or Billy Connolly.

Thordic
10-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by bunkerhugger
The Way of the Gun

Great movie. Go rent it. Now.

My god. You can't be serious.

The opening sequence, I'll admit, is hilarious.

The movie goes totally downhill from there. Besides the opening scene, its a crappy movie.

dre1919
10-11-2002, 01:29 PM
^^^ Oh no way man! The Way of the Gun is one of the best movies ever made! It's got it all...guns, criminals, hitmen, double cossing lowlifes, torture, a hitman dying in Mexico in a stolen Mexican Police car (the way my buddy Tyler wants to go out) and so much more.

Some other greats: The Last of the Mohicans, Resevoir Dogs,
Army of Darkness, Judgement Night, The Program, Pulp Fiction.

ShooterJM
10-11-2002, 01:44 PM
Grosse Point Blank!

Funny.

Hey what's the difference between The Professional and Leon? I've always wondered if Leon is worth seeing, given that I've seen the Prefesional so many times.

Kai
10-11-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
Just about any movie with Brad Pitt, or Johnny Depp you know is going to be good. Also, anything directed by Tim Burton or Quentin Tarrantino usually turns out great. I have high hopes for Guy Ritchie too, lets hope he comes out with some more good ones.

Johnny Depp picks some of the coolest scripts ever. His movies are always interesting, and NEVER bad.

As for movies, Army of Darkness, Snatch, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Dark City, 5th Element stuff like that.

I love REALLY odd sci-fi movies. An excellent movie is called La Cité des enfants perdus. Its a french movie, with subtitles. Ron Perlman stars in it. My brother and my dad saw it too, it was too weird for them. I thought it was excellent.

I am a huge movie fan, though. 4+ trips to the movies a month isn't unusual. I write movie reviews as a hobby, although I've been slacking lately. I've studied film a little in college as well.

Im gonna stop rambling now :)

My friends make fun of me for liking anything that Depp and Pitt are in...but I am the same way. I will see just about anything with either of them in it...also Edward Norton and Chow Yun Fat(look at my sig).

Favorite directors have gotta be Terrantino, Guy Ritchie (I loved Snatch), Troy Duffie(heavily inspired by Terrantino), The Woo, and David Fincher. (Luc Besson is great too.)

Way of the Gun is an amazing movie.

Oh, and Leon is deffinately worth checking out. It has a whole bunch of great deleted scenes and the like.

EsPo
10-11-2002, 02:13 PM
mall rats

FooTemps
10-11-2002, 02:21 PM
The usual suspects, any movie in the hannibal trilogy

Miscue
10-11-2002, 02:44 PM
My favorite movie is from BollyWood:

Mohabbatein

http://www.yashrajfilms.com/mohabbatein/

Thordic
10-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Miscue, you are very weird.

I forgot about Edward Norton! His movies are always good too. I knew I was missing someone...

Other great actors are Harvey Keitel, DiNiro, and Al Pacino. They don't make bad movies either.

But I forgot one of my favorite movies of all time.

LA Confidential.

Amazing movie. Its in my Top 5 at the least.

Vash02
10-11-2002, 03:44 PM
Keep up the flaming and you're gone.

masterninja
10-11-2002, 11:53 PM
"Leon" is kind of a directors cut of the "Professional". A few scenes added here and there. I especially like the added scenes of Leon showing Matilda how to clean. You should at least rent it if not buy it!

eric
10-12-2002, 07:07 PM
I will now enlighten you as to all of the greatest movies ever.(in no particular order as the all are sweet)

1.Way of the Gun
2.The Matrix
3.Fight Club
4.The Ladies Man(soooooooo funny)
5.Full Metal Jacket

There are also a lot of awesome movies that are sweet, but just cant be put up here with the amazing ones
Stuff like
(Adam Sandler Movies)
(Chris Farley movies)
The Fast and The Furious
Starwars
Saving Private Ryan(I was debating about putting this up there)
Push(which every paintballer should watch daily)
Predator
Rocky

Im sure I missed some though.

Koosh
10-12-2002, 08:04 PM
My list:

1. The Shawshank Redemption
It is THE best. Great story along with great acting.

2. Memento
This movie screws with you... I've seen it about 6 times, and I STILL don't know how it ends... or begins... DEFINATELY a must see for EVERYONE!

3. Ghostbusters
Simply because so much of my youth was devoted to this movie. If it had ghostbusters on it, I had it...

4. Snatch
VERY funny movie. I just love the british wit... I have yet to see Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels though, but I am sure that when I do, it will be up here too.

5. Supertroopers
"Do I look like a cat to you?" one of the best lines from ANY movie... While not the best story, its smart and witty humor save this movie.

Anywhoo... that is my top 5. They are also indisputable, as I am always right...

Wheelman
10-13-2002, 06:07 AM
My top Five
1.U.S. Marshals
2.Mall Rats
3 Lord of the Rings
4.The Matrix
5.The Shawshank Redemption

Anything that has Tommy Lee Jones or Morgan Freeman in it. Anything Star Wars and Kevin Smith's Movies (Clerks, Mall Rats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back)

Wheelman
10-13-2002, 06:09 AM
Oh and one I can't belive I almost forgot MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!!

gemplard
10-13-2002, 04:15 PM
my favorite movie is saving privot ryan. if you haveent seen it i hily recremend it. if you have seen it pm. me and tell me what you think. thanks

Crazy
10-13-2002, 04:21 PM
Office space- just reminds me of...me:D

StuDawggie
10-13-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by zen_dawg
The Army of Darkness. Scott Campbell ovvnz!

I'l agree with you on that, but it's BRUCE Campbell, not Scott Campbell.

However, if it's bad horror you want to watch I highly recomend the movie "Dolls". Thename says it all. It's so bad you actually see the strings used to move the dolls, the mic in a few scenes, and in one shot where this chick jumps out the window you see it breaking, about 2 seconds before she even touches it. Classic Sub B quality horror.

wyn1370
10-14-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by petefol
yeah i remember i saw boondock saints at a friends house a while back, and i would also recommend it to anyone else. and btw... im pretty sure, although i havent studied latin for 2 years, the thing they say is "et nomine patre, et fili, spiritus sanctus" and of course it means "in the name of the father, the son, and the holy ghost" i remember that when i used to play counterstrike there was some kid who would say that everytime he killed someone, although he spelled it horribly wrong and didnt even know what it meant. i dont know why but stuff like that seems to make me mad.
you are correct, I didn't check when I copied that off of someone's sight. lack of editing on my part, so sorry.

FactsOfLife
10-14-2002, 03:00 PM
hmmmm

gotta have a small list here, way too many favorites for different reasons.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, A Fish Called Wanda, and Life Of Brian.

Snatch, Pulp Fiction, RollerBall, and Fight Club.

Legends of the Fall, Jeremiah Johnson, and The Ghost and the Darkness.

Caddyshack, Happy Gilmore, Blues Brothers and Slapshot.

ANY Steve McQueen movie. The guy created "Cool".

Star Wars IV, Star Trek Wrath of Khan, Blade Runner, Gattica, Heavy Metal, 2001/2010, Forbidden Planet,

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Enter the Dragon, Fists Of Fury, Legend of Drunken Master, Blade.

Most of Tom Hanks movies. Philadelphia, Big, Saving Private Ryan, Nothing In Common.

Archangel Damien
10-14-2002, 04:35 PM
Almost any movie with Robert Deniro or Al Pacino in is good

ntn4502
10-14-2002, 11:08 PM
Rather not give any quotes, but diffinatley 'Scarface'

masterninja
10-15-2002, 03:20 AM
I once missed work for two days because of "Office Space".

Tyril
10-15-2002, 08:09 AM
Royal wit' cheese, baby, royal wit' cheese. Pulp Fiction all the way.

-mike

JohnTzu
10-24-2002, 03:43 PM
Here are my top 10 favorite films of all time, in no particular order.

1) Braveheart
2) Boondock Saints
3) The Alien Trilogy(I know there were four, but the last one wasn't really up to par)
4) Highlander (NOT the sequels, there should have been only one!!!)
5) The Replacement Killers
6) The Matrix
7) Army of Darkness
8) The Brotherhood of the Wolf
9) Saving Private Ryan
10) The Seven Samurai

Others worth mentioning

The Ghost and the Darkness
Anything by Hitchcock, Kurasawa, or Kubric
12 Monkeys , just because it's so bizarre
The Felowship of the Ring
The Star Wars Films
Oh, and we can't forget John Woo.

I'll stop now, the more I think about it, the more movies I come up with, I could go on for days , weeks even. I must have edited this list six times before posting. I guess I watch too many movies.

Rancid Milk
10-27-2002, 06:23 PM
The matrix and I don't know why, but I love the jurassic park movies.

darklord
10-27-2002, 08:13 PM
it's kind of hard to narrow it down to "one" movie..I'll just do this instead:

Comedy: Clerks, Kevin Smith's original masterpiece, and pretty much all his other stuff with the exception of Jay and Silent Bob Strike back, that just sucked. Super Troopers.
Stupid Comedy: Dumb and Dumber, Jackass: The Movie
War: Saving Private Ryan
Drama/Thriller: Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Donnie Darko (underrated!)
Scary Movie: The Ring
Foreign: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hard Boiled/most John Woo films (except Windtalkers, that sucked!)
Anime: Ninja Scroll, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion
Action: The Rock, Braveheart, Die Hard, Heat, Gladiator (meh, was decent)
Sci Fi:The matrix, 12 monkeys, Star Wars series
Mafia movies: Goodfellas, The Godfather (I and II)

I'm sure there are plenty I've seen that I've enjoyed and forgotten, but those are the ones I remember, at least

The Frymarker
10-29-2002, 06:01 AM
Top of my list

Caddy Shack
2. Friday
3. Best in Show
4. Artificial Intelligence (but I can't ever watch it again)
5. Jimmy Neutron

Larang0X4
10-23-2003, 12:46 PM
Almost heroes is my favorite movie. 1. it has chris farley 2. its funny and 3. it has CHRIS FARLEY. it is the best movie

mcveighr
10-23-2003, 02:18 PM
-The Boondock Saints
-Snatch
-Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
-Fight Club
-Requiem for a Dream
-Donnie Darko
-Pulp Fiction
-Shawshank Redemption
-Life is Beautiful
-Fear and Loathing
-Usual Suspects

Guy Ritchie, Tarintino, make good ones.
Depp always pick good ones aswell, cept for OUATIM

deathstalker
10-23-2003, 02:31 PM
Aliens

There is no better movie in existence.

PyRo
10-24-2003, 11:34 AM
Hmm, hard to say, so many good movies.
All good movies are my favorite :)

ClassicMag15
10-26-2003, 10:10 PM
Pulp fiction, goodfellas, TAXI DRIVER, KILL BILL (such a good movie but most people wont get it), reservoir dogs, YELLOW SUBMARINE, scarface, ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST, THE SHINING, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, se7en, FIGHT CLUB, there are others...

GhillieGuy
10-27-2003, 12:15 AM
The Texas Chainsaw massacre.. ;)

jwren00
10-27-2003, 01:45 AM
Favorite Movies:
American History X
Shawshank Redemption
Super Troopers, Tommy Boy, and Dumb and Dumber

Favorite TV Shows:
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Most Extreme Elimination
Crocodile Hunter

gam-e
10-27-2003, 02:06 AM
1. Quiet Man (john wayne's best movie IMO)
2. Star Wars - Empire strikes back. (i pee on episode I and II so far, lets hope that Vader's comming about makes up for these terrible fiascos.)
3. Matrix - that movie got me thinking for a long time (dumb probably, but i still can't get the WHAT IF thing out of my mind)
4. pulp fiction (any time you can say mfer mfer in a row you got something great)
5. clockwork orange (can't talk about the ole in out in out love without getting banned)

got to shout out to my boy IRON MONKEY! that movie was so rediculously funny that i fell in love with it.

*THE FLYING SLEEVE*

Dion

Larang0X4
10-31-2003, 01:39 PM
Almost heroes is my favorite Movie of all time because 1 it has chris farley and well chris farley is in it.

the_next_guy_
10-31-2003, 02:43 PM
1. forrest gump
2. zoolander
3. black hawk down
4. willy wonka
5. smoked:D