PDA

View Full Version : exspansion chamber or regulator

JSD99
10-11-2002, 03:15 AM
I just bought a new Tko automag, I want to now what is better to stop liqiud co2, a regulator or x chamber. I have limited money. so have to keep it cheap for now. will i be able to get by just using an x chamber and what kind should i get

Hellaspaint
10-11-2002, 04:23 AM
To stop liquid CO2 is to have a properly installed antisiphon tube in your bottle. For maximum result and if you are playing in very cold areas add a good six stage expansion chamber. BUT as Automag's manual say's it is difficult to keep liquid CO2 in extreme conditions.
There is only one solution: compressed air.

TheTramp
10-11-2002, 11:37 AM
The only reg that's going to do a good job keeping liquid out of your valve is a Palmer Stabalizer. They are not very cheap but they do a good job. A Palmer and an anti-siphon tank should work pretty well except when it's really cold out.

JSD99
10-11-2002, 01:53 PM
What type x chamber should i get. Ans, Aci, bob long, X=core or any other x chamber suggestions

Nobody077
10-11-2002, 02:44 PM
I dont think any 1 brand of X-chamber is better than the other, just look for a 6 chamber model that looks good and will fit your hand so it can double as a forward grip. Allso do get a anti-siphon for your tank, the anti-siphon will do more for keeping liquid out than the x-chamber. I have ran a anti-siphon + x-chamber on my Mag since 1995 with no problems related to liquid. Good Luck

Rabidus
10-11-2002, 03:20 PM
Hey, the best Xchamber i've used by far is the X-Core 8 Stage Expansion chamber. It is only 20 bucks (21 for the chrome) at www.countrypaintball.com

It has 8 stages to expand liquid co2, in addition enough flow if you were to ever upgrade to nitro, it's a nice big front grip too! Hope this helps!

Zenwood
10-11-2002, 03:47 PM
I agree with Rabidus. The PB X-Core gives you very high bang for your buck. I used one on my Tippmann before I converted to hpa and it was better and cheaper than the ACI 6-stage I had on it before that.

Rabidus
10-11-2002, 07:22 PM
Another thing i did w/ co2 is i ran it remote. It gives the co2 more time to expand to a gas thus partially preventing going liquid. If you ran a anti-siphon in your tank+ remote setup+ X-core 8 stage expansion chamber, you shouldn't have any problems going liquid. Well, except for low kinetic energy outside (cold weather), there is nothing you can do except move to another country near the equator! I've also heard of some guys who put hand warmers around the valve during really cold days to keep the valve warm and expand any leaking co2. But really, for all the cost of the remote wire, expansion chamber, warmer pack, anti-siphon (plus the cost to install it) you might as well buy a nitro tank, 47ci 300psi steel tanks run around 70-80 bucks online. Yeah 470 shots per fill isnt a lot, but at least you can play any time during the year!

JSD99
10-11-2002, 07:29 PM
What brand is a good nitro setup and inexpensive for a 47/3000 or a 68/3000

Nobody077
10-11-2002, 08:14 PM
You can not run anti-siphon with a remote, if you do it will siphon liquid for the first half of the bottle. A anti-siphon tube is only for tanks used in a laydown style and set for 1 gun, if you use a anti-siphon verticaly then it is a siphon tank. hope this quick cheap pick helps............

JSD99
10-12-2002, 12:21 AM
Is a Crossfire 68/3000 steel tank any good?

EsPo
10-12-2002, 09:50 AM
any nitro tank is better than a co2 tank

Rabidus
10-12-2002, 12:27 PM
Just get the Crossfire and you will be allright! You should still buy the X-Core expansion chamber just in case you ever have to use co2. Plus, you get a front grip and most gas through grips are 10-20 bucks anyways, this way you kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone.

lopxtc
10-12-2002, 12:58 PM
How do you figure?? The tube on my old anti-s tanks is only a couple inches and not long enough to reach the bottom of the tank to get liquid. In addition the remote hose itself (if coiled typed) acts as a way to let liquid expand to gas in case liquid got sucked into the hose.
Back in the early-mid 90's remote were recommend with Mags to greatly decrease the chance of getting liquid co2 into the marker.

If you had as much liquid in the tank as you show, then that tank would risk rupture as the gas would gain volume quickly as it warms up.

Aaron

Originally posted by Nobody077
You can not run anti-siphon with a remote, if you do it will siphon liquid for the first half of the bottle. A anti-siphon tube is only for tanks used in a laydown style and set for 1 gun, if you use a anti-siphon verticaly then it is a siphon tank. hope this quick cheap pick helps............

Nobody077
10-12-2002, 01:19 PM
The pic I drew was more to make a point than to be exact for liquid/air ratio. As for the length of the tube it realy depends on who installs it for the length. I started playing in the early 90's (no Angels, spyders,Timmys) I used a remote with my normal tanks and put my anti-siphon on once with my pro-light, I was shotting snowcones in may at SCvillage (100+ deg.) Luckly Pro-lights like liquid co2

lopxtc
10-12-2002, 01:50 PM
Yeah I started in 92 with a traccer knock-off pump ... and my first semi was a 68 Special which drank co2 ...

When I got my first mag in 94 it was advised to either run remote with an anti-s tank, or use a SS hose looped like two-three times before entering into the AIR valve.

After awhile we started buying the little 3.5 oz tanks and drilling them out to act solely as expansion chambers. Using anti-s valves and a real short hose turn like a "u" almost to draw gas and not liquid ...

They worked, but they stored a ton of gas in them ... *L*

Aaron

Hellaspaint
10-12-2002, 02:04 PM
A bottle contains 34% of liquid CO2 full or 1/3 of the bottle.

DonkeyKev
10-12-2002, 02:07 PM
yeah, sorry, i misread. i already deleted the post.

Warped Designs
10-13-2002, 12:10 PM
Most added anti siphon tubes are fitted to the marker/asa. An expansion chamber even with an anti siphon is still a good idea. (how my marker is set up and one extra item).
Smart Parts has 68 cu in and 88 cu in anti siphon tanks with on/off valves (have the on/off facing up and the tube will be up).
A short tube bent into a u (instead of a j) for siphon used on a remote should work to prevent liquid co2 form entering the marker.

Compressed Air (HPA) is better (tanks are more expensive). HPA is cleaner, more consistant then co2, performs well in all temps, also you can easily see when you are running out of gas. (I have 2 HPA tanks).
CO2 tanks are cheaper and easier to find fills (fills are often cheaper too).

DonkeyKev that has got to be the worst sig I have ever read. Not only does it insult the mentally retarded/challenged (which in itself speaks well of you being lacking mental capacity) but attempts to separate woods/rec players form speed ball and concept field players. If it was not for woods games there would not be speed ball, most of the top pros started in the woods (Bob Long still plays a few woods games). And last count more people play rec/woods games then tourney style paintball.

DonkeyKev
10-13-2002, 04:55 PM
Warped Designs, i'm truly sorry if i have offended you. it certainly wasn't my intent. the last thing i want to do is start a flame war or be flamed and i assure you that i am not lacking in mental capacity. again, i apologize. also, i dont have anything against the mentally challenged or woodsball players, i just found that statement amusing and thought that other people would too. i guess it was just bad judgement on my part.