PDA

View Full Version : Need Tech Help with Automag please!!!

Syl
10-11-2002, 09:28 AM
Ok guys.. Before I loose patience with this marker I need you guys help..Here is what the problem is..

I have a:
AGD 68 Classic Automag,
Classic Valve,
ANS Phase II Bolt,
DYE Double Trigger Frame
PT Spacer Kit

There problem is that when I pull the trigger and hold it for a fraction of a second to long it seems that the sear does not catch the bolt air leeks down the barrel..if I let go of the trigger it stops.. I tried adjusting the spacers by changing sizes still no luck.. I tried adjusting the Sear adjusting rod.. And still have the same problem.. It seems that if I exagerate when I pull the trigger and do it extremely light then it fires perfect.. But if I pull back a little to far back on the trigger then it will only leak air down the barrel..

I hope I explained this good enough.. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance

davej946
10-11-2002, 10:02 AM
Hmm.. interesting problem. Here's what I would do:

#1 - Replace ANS Bolt with AGD OEM Bolt. I would suggest the new Level 10, if you can afford it. Otherwise, the standard AGD Longnose bolt.

#2 - When/if you order a new bolt, pick up a new sear assembly with it. Adjusting the trigger rod on a mag is a cardinal sin! I doubt you have to tools to re-adjust it to the proper EXACT length.

#3 - Put the stock PT Spacer in (if you have it). I don't recall what size it is, but I'm sure someone can tell you. When I bought my used mag, I had the stock spacer, and the PT Spacer kit. Put the stock one in if you have it (and know what size is stock).

#4 - Check over all of the seals in the valve. I would suggest checking the On/Off o-rings first. When you hold down the trigger, this holds the on/off closed, thus dividing the valve in half (for troubleshooting purposes). If you hold it on and it still leaks (continually) I'd check those o-rings first.

Give these a shot and let me know what you come up with.
Hope this helps!

Dave

Syl
10-11-2002, 10:07 AM
Wow

So I guess that I will try those things and see what happens..

As for the trigger rod... Ah well now I know not to screw around with it anymore..

Thank you very very much for the info.. I will let you know..

Nobody077
10-13-2002, 10:56 AM
Im thinking on the same line as Dave, when it comes to the trigger rod, I had the same problem with a friends gun a local shop did a trigger job( :rolleyes: )on it and messed up the rod length, we put a stock rod in and solved the problem.

rjvemt1
10-13-2002, 11:19 AM
go to the online store at the top of the page and order the 'trouble shooting and maint' video for the classic automag. tom will send it to you for just the cost of shiping! on it you will find a very young looking;) tom kaye telling you everthingyou could ever whant to know about the automag and how to fix every possible problem you could ever run into.

oh and we promise not to tell anyone else about wht you did to your trigger rd:D