PDA

View Full Version : trigger guards?

yeahthatsme
10-11-2002, 04:55 PM
whats the point of trigger guards?

big E kingpin
10-11-2002, 05:05 PM
no point, but the man says you need to have one, so you need to have one.

shartley
10-11-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by big E kingpin
no point, but the man says you need to have one, so you need to have one.
You are joking right? I hope so.

They are to keep things from simply hitting the trigger. You may not think a trigger guard does much in this regard, but if you took it off, you would see how easy it is to accidentally activate the trigger by things hitting it.

Fred
10-11-2002, 06:19 PM
I vote you most likely to win a Darwin award in the not-so-far-away future...

it's a safety feature... don't blow a fuse pondering that one...

---Fred

yeahthatsme
10-11-2002, 06:51 PM
not that i would cut a trigger guard off i just didnt get the point with safeties and barrel plugs( i do get the point with real guns because they dont have the same safety stuff, and you just dont mess with stuff on real guns). plus i wanted to spark some conversation.

HoppysMag
10-11-2002, 07:44 PM
personaly i feel that anyone stupid enough not to know how to operate a gun safly deserves whats comin to them, un fortunatly its normaly an inocent bystander that gets hurt. i have NEVER set off the trigger of any gun i have ever used. i once had a bushy go of in my hand but the guy handin it to me hit the trigger, not me. yes the darwin award, the best award there is. The gene pool needs a little chlorine once in a while.

personman
10-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Trigger guards are very important for guns.
All of them should have em, and they just look better with one anyway.
I have ALWAYS pushed my safety on before exiting the field, as well as barrel plugs in. I dont want to get sued for anything, and besides that I dont want to hurt anyone else.
I can kill myself out of stupitity of safety for all I care, but not someone else. Not that I'm saying I go around with my marker pointed tword my head with the safety and barrel condom off, but I would rather hurt my self than someone else.. Thats why at a field I make sure I always have my safety crap on.

big E kingpin
10-12-2002, 12:32 PM
i was deffinetly kidding, i was holding my buddys led angel one time and he had the gaurd chopped and i accidently shot a poor girl in the thigh, her boy friend was very upset with me