PDA

View Full Version : Does paint really matter?

hostage
10-12-2002, 04:17 PM
Okay I have heard of some interesting stuff, I know that paint and barrel bore match are the most important thing, that is why I have a freak, but does the cheaper paint really matter that much? I was talking to friend after a game and I asked him if I got close, he said I hit him between the eyes and it bounced. LMK what yall think, also what is the best paint for the best price also what is the cheapest paint?
-Hostage

Kevmaster
10-12-2002, 04:34 PM
yes. the cheap paint will be different sizes thus defeating the purpose of the freak and lopsided(even worse). also, the cheap stuff as youve noticed will bounce a lot. i use Anarchy paint for my team and we love it. theres nothing better if you ask me. its around $55 online

the CHEAPEST stuff you can get is the multicolor seconds. around $20/case

Miscue
10-12-2002, 04:37 PM
Anarchy.

blnk162
10-12-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by kevmaster
yes. the cheap paint will be different sizes thus defeating the purpose of the freak and lopsided(even worse). also, the cheap stuff as youve noticed will bounce a lot. i use Anarchy paint for my team and we love it. theres nothing better if you ask me. its around $55 online

the CHEAPEST stuff you can get is the multicolor seconds. around $20/case

Your kidding me right? I used to play on a nelson sponsored team and didn't pay a cent for anarchy we used at chicago open and it was so horrble......theres nothing else better.....u've never shot ultra evil or hellfire or imperial or banana ball have you?

lopxtc
10-12-2002, 06:09 PM
I use only one of three paintballs ...

1) El Tigre (looks kewl)
2) Slam Ball (ditto ... newbie's get a kick out of it)
3) Midnight ... just seems to shoot really good ...

Aaron

TRIAD
10-12-2002, 06:13 PM
i use worr

35/case can't be beat (10 bucks off each case when we buy 10 or more at our store, which we do frequently)

blnk162
10-12-2002, 06:22 PM
Ive heard worr is great quality but i havent shot it.

HoppysMag
10-12-2002, 06:25 PM
i used first choice one day and was bouncing like crazy, i got within like 10 feet and bouncin them off my friends lense. i use Marbs, Steel, and the cheap stuff of the week. when i dont got the $$$

Kevmaster
10-12-2002, 06:31 PM
ive shot all the diablos stuff. ive shot proball. i have shot JT(and their predecessors, Top Brass). ive shot most RP stuff.

i still go back to the Anarchy

Shirow
10-12-2002, 06:44 PM
I use Diablo Blaze, but only because my field doesn't allow BYOP ;) Works fine for me.

rudy
10-12-2002, 07:06 PM
yes paint matters and this is not an opinion like many i can back it up. I have done what i can of testing paintballs for all different things and while some cheaper paints are ok none of the paints i tested be better then the top of the line paints. of course there is not always one best paint. but some are just more consistent then others. i can say that hellfire surprised me. it really is all its cracked up to be.

blnk162
10-12-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by kevmaster
ive shot all the diablos stuff. ive shot proball. i have shot JT(and their predecessors, Top Brass). ive shot most RP stuff.

i still go back to the Anarchy

Wow, well more power to you, Im glad it worked for you better than it worked for me

davidb
10-12-2002, 09:27 PM
I used Anarchy a few times when my local field was selling it and I loved it. Very round, breaks great on target, and I got so used to not breaking paint (in my Spyder :eek: ) that I stopped carrying a squeegee. That field stopped carrying Anarchy, and I stopped going there not long after. Now that I think about it, maybe next time I'll go the extra mile and order some online...

Mossman
10-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Anarchy = the best paint i've used.
PMI premiums I think are very reasonably priced, and very consistant.
Midnights are the cheapest decent paint I can get locally, and they were good but not great. Prone to bouncing.
Team colors is alright. Worse than midnight, but better than the crap stuff. Very cheap at some places, but average (like premiums), at others. I only use it when its FPO.

I've had horrible luck with Zaps. Tried pro series twice and I hope I never have to use it again.

Me and 2 other Ao'ers bought 3 cases at pbgear to get free shipping. All different paint :) PBJ Joker, Nelson Hot Spot, and Worr domination? (cheapest worr). Report from the field on monday.

dialp4petri
10-12-2002, 09:48 PM
Best Ballz ~ Marbalizer without a doubt
Best Value ~ Midnight i would say but another vote for marbs is in good order

Pile & A Half
10-12-2002, 09:57 PM
-Blaze
-Hellfire
-El Tigre
-Midnight

I have used all off these. I haven't used El Tigre for a while. It has to atleast been over a year or so...but that stuff shot great. I don't think I have shot anything better than PMI out of my mag. But Blaze, Hellfire, and Midnight shoot great too.

hostage
10-12-2002, 10:07 PM
Hmm...just got back from the field today. I was soo annoyed on how I would shoot a guy see the ref come over and then have him walk away since it bounced.it was 80/case for the cheapest :-( Though I only used about ~500, it was a nice game, though I was new to the field and hesitent.
-Hostage

rehme
10-12-2002, 11:09 PM
yeah paint matters because some of it had dimples in it and is uncoisent today i was using my defiant i was picking up B.E. paint off of the ground and shooting i luv low pressure guns. I have a mag but i want to get use to a electric trigger.

Stotic
10-13-2002, 12:39 AM
I usually think of paint as crappy or normal. I don't grow fond over paint.

darklord
10-13-2002, 11:40 AM
I have to say, the best paint I've encountered has to be PMI premium. I've bought marbs before and used them....sure their roundness is superb and the fills are thick, but they simply refuse to break. I did a bounce test (dropping a paintball from shoulder height) on a batch of marbs and the best one bounced around 8 times before it broke. Diablo is ok, but more expensive than PMIs. Haven't tried anarchy or any of that (not available in my area....yet) though.

Magluvr
10-13-2002, 05:34 PM
-RPS Advantage
-Diablo (now Draxxus)

Both paints work great for me, thought I like the advantage because its not glossy and is therefore harder to see. But Diablo paint is also great because the fill is so incredibly bright!
Tried using Nelson but it was horrible, was WAY TOO fragile, and it was lopsided. (Never went through the half case I bought, ~300 left)

einhander619
10-13-2002, 05:54 PM
I love marbs, they do seem to bounce a little more than I'd like, but that has saved my buns a couple times also... Diablo is pretty good for the price, I'd say that is the best middle ground, I HATE severe! It made my RT very sick.

shartley
10-13-2002, 05:59 PM
I have not had problems with any paint I have used. My RTP seems to like them all. As for bouncing… I go for the “3 Ow technique”. Break or no break, I keep firing until I either hear them call themselves out, OR yell “OW” three times really fast. :D;)

DarkPhoenix
10-13-2002, 06:18 PM
I have fun shooting seconds paint, especially since we "specially" treat ours to increase the paint's fragility. But for completely unaltered paint, I would shoot Blaze:D

blnk162
10-13-2002, 06:30 PM
the best paint i have ever shot was 2nds chronic, it was so bad, it would stain a garbage bag, it was the best

AkaEnder
10-13-2002, 06:42 PM
if given a choice, I'll usually take Severe Cyclone.

Troy
10-13-2002, 10:12 PM
-Best Paint is Diablo Imperial, can't say enough about it. It the best marking paint i have ever seen. As for quality it is Hellfire with a different fill so you know its going to fly straight. You will pay a premium though I think its like 90 or 100 a case.

For Cheap paint try Diablo Rec Sport. As with any cheap paint you get what you pay for, but sometimes it is Hellfire or Inferno seconds so its kind of like a box of chocolates...

hostage
10-14-2002, 12:37 AM
DANG! I should have put a poll, everyone seems to have a different opinion, I think I will let my freak and my wallet decide
-Hostage