PDA

View Full Version : Plating Mags

TastePAINt88
10-12-2002, 05:30 PM
Well, im 60 bucks away from a TKO mag, and I want to plate it after I get a Nitro Tank, Custom 6 inch barrel, and LX Then Id spend money on plating it. My brother said he could plate the body in shop class in gold, but it would take about $80 for the gold. I want to do this, but Should I? It wount ruin my body, will it? Then I was also on Caswell Plating's Website, If the gold at shop class doesnt workout, What type of plating kit should I get to plate the body, possibly rail, and possibly other things. Any advice?

LittMag
10-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Not worth it. The gold plating will chip and rub away after a few games play. If you plate it thick enough so that it will last a bit longer, it will mess with the tolerances of the mag(even then it'll still chip and rub away after a bit). You're better off going to junky and getting a gold powdercoat.

TastePAINt88
10-12-2002, 06:00 PM
It will chip away? What about the Caswell plating?

Shirow
10-12-2002, 06:47 PM
Dude, don't get a gold mag. It's just wrong :\ Spend the cash on an intelliframe and a retro valve first, at least :p

TastePAINt88
10-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Well, i want something abstract, I thought this would be more unique than a powerder coat, so maybe I might change the order to this....
Mag
Nitro
Barrel
Medusa frame
Plateing
Of course, only if plating will work on it.

Shirow
10-12-2002, 07:53 PM
At least tell me you're getting level 10 before you plate it. Until the Medusa frame is released, I'd put Intelliframe on the list too - for all you know, it might suck or never come out, or something, and single triggers are gimpy.

TastePAINt88
10-12-2002, 08:01 PM
I am going to buy abody before I do this, it wil be an 'insurance body' in case it ruins the other one.
Well, here, if it works out, then Ill plate the insurance, and sell it '(most likely), but first I would find a buyer so I know Im not plating it for nothing. But if I had one for sale with pics, and with action shots (Those might be hard to get though) would you buy one? For around 200 bucks?

Shirow
10-13-2002, 10:14 PM
not if it was gold