PDA

View Full Version : Full Auto Illegal?

Kevmaster
10-12-2002, 08:27 PM
Warpig.com:

On IR3s sold in the US, and in countries where full auto paintguns are prohibited by law, the EXTRA option flashes between EXTRA and NOACC for no access, indicating that setting is not available. The next menu is firing mode. While there are 26 modes possible with WDPs software, the only one available under ASTM mode, and thus the only mode available to IR3 users in the US is SEMI – semiautomatic with a maximum rate of fire of 20 balls per second

does this mean thaat FA on a paintball gun is ILLEGAL (according to the GVT--not just the industry) in the US??

heres the article:IR3 Review (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/angel_ir3_review/)

sniper1rfa
10-12-2002, 09:24 PM
kinda.
its not, technically, but any field using ASTM standard will not allow it.
thing is, most fields use ASTM standards...

Curly
10-13-2002, 12:17 AM
It says in the US AND in countries where full auto is not allowed. It does not say full auto is illegal in the us.

Stotic
10-13-2002, 12:35 AM
It's not illegal, but its illegal in tournaments.

cphilip
10-13-2002, 07:56 AM
I don't recall it using the word "Illegal" either. I read that article a while back and seems to me it said "not allowed"?

Timmee
10-13-2002, 09:28 AM
The only time I use full auto is sometimes when I'm target shooting (although I proved to my friend that loaned me his Angel that there CAN BE no percieved difference between F/A and Semi).

JJBrookshire
10-13-2002, 10:43 AM
There is currently only one ASTM standard published which restricts the use of other than semi and manual (pump) mode markers. This is the field operations standard. This means that if a field operates according to the ASTM standard it will not allow the use of markers in turbo, full-auto or burst modes. If a marker can be set in semi mode with the other modes "locked out" (require tools or substantial disassembly), then it should be allowed on the field when set in semi mode. Keep in mind that ASTM standards are not "laws". The "teeth" of the ASTM is centered on the increased liability exposure a company faces if it fails to comply with a published standard. ASTM standards often take years to develope with great amounts of discussion and refinement before being published.

FA, Burst, etc... IS restricted in some countries other than the US. For example, the IR3 which is made in the UK and sold in the US is different from the one made AND sold in the UK due to their more restrictive laws.

Kevmaster
10-13-2002, 11:46 AM
thanks JJ. thats all i wanted to know

cris8762
10-13-2002, 12:01 PM
:D maybe your teammate with the ir3 should buy an emag kev, that way his gun wont die on him in the middle of a game and he ends up getting bunkered by 3 newbie tourney players:D ;) :p

MinimagRockin'
10-13-2002, 01:04 PM
LOL, maybe all you guys should just buy RT pros or the like and save $400 of cash!

Kevmaster
10-13-2002, 06:07 PM
Chris, hush you fool!! ;)

anyways, he was on OUR B TEAM and he doesnt even play on our team, its just we needed someone to fill the B team, he has LOTS of money and 4 guns. we needed his supplies not him :):D

cris8762
10-13-2002, 08:21 PM
lol, was it his ir3 or the angel air that died? i heard someone say that he was trying to text message someone on his ir3 when he got bunkered:D :D :D

is the gotcha ACTS next weekend? if we aren't practicing i'll come and watch you guys! hey, 1 of our 3man teams finished 8th place overall, and the other one finished 14th overall in the Carolina MIllenium Series! that's not bad for our first season playing tourny ball, plus the team that came in 14th only played like 3 or 4 of the 9 tourneys

i cant wait for next year at the state fairgrounds!!

Kevmaster
10-13-2002, 09:08 PM
Gotcha aint till Nov 3 is it???

i sure hope not.....