PDA

View Full Version : Macro line or micro line?

madmatt151
10-13-2002, 09:44 AM
Is there a noticable difference between macro and micro line? Just wondering.

Tunaman
10-13-2002, 09:47 AM
Stay away from Micro. Parker Macro is the best. Email me if you need some. Thanks:D

wimag
10-13-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Stay away from Micro. Parker Macro is the best. Email me if you need some. Thanks:D

Just curious but why stay away from micro? i use it on both my RT's and have no leaks, or shootdown. but hey if you are giving away free samples hook me up.

Tunaman
10-13-2002, 10:26 AM
Micro kinks too easy, and when using CO2 it contracts too much to fast causing problems. The inner diameter and wall thickness is usually not rated high enough for paintball use and abuse.

Kevmaster
10-13-2002, 11:38 AM
typically, neither is MAcro. its usually rated around 600psi working.

pbguy888
10-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Tunaman

Hey tunaman why is parker macro the best? And btw I need some:D

battlegroup
10-13-2002, 01:40 PM
I reccomend Stanless steel wraped hoses. I have seen micro lines cause shootdown, and they are not rated for the high pressures. I have seen both Micro and Macro break and cause some nasty bruises and lacerations both on the field and at the fill station. Slide into a bunker and nick your line a little and Boom. I have worked at three separate fields and have seen it happen at all three fields. I know SS lines don't have the color options but they are usually rated to 3000psi and I have never seen one break, not to say that they don't, but the failure rate of Micro/Macro is MUCH higher.

madmatt151
10-14-2002, 10:27 AM
I have been using the micro line on my mag for years now, and never had a problem, but now since I switched over to nito, I was wondering if the micro was restrictive. THe thing is, the regulator on the tank is preset at 900psi, so as long as the micro can take that I guess its ok. AM I wrong here?

HoppysMag
10-14-2002, 10:33 AM
the only advantage to steel hose is its stronger. it has the same flow as Macro bein its just macro wraped in steel. i say stay away from micro unless you are goin a very short distance... like 3 inches max.