PDA

View Full Version : Filling up nitro tanks

ubooze
10-13-2002, 04:57 PM
Well, just out of curiosity and a possible purchase I was wondering what are the different options for SELF filling nitro tanks...also what equipement would be needed to fill tanks?

I know Bauer Compressors make comps for paintball but what are the prices and how much would a air filling gig cost, that either being a scuba or comp?

Also, is it possible to connect a comp or scuba directly to the gun for airsmithing and tinkering?

Thanx for the help.

Mossman
10-13-2002, 05:33 PM
Compressors and boosters - At least a few grand.

80cf/3000psi Scuba = around 115 bucks. 40 dollar fill station. I get 5 dollar fills, and it can hold about 3 people over all day if u dont shoot toooo much. Maybe half to a case a person, but the end fills are weak.

I believe that you can leave your fill nipple attached to the open scuba while tinkering, but its not the best position for tinkering. If refilling tanks is cutting into your tinkering time, then jesus, thats a lot of tinkering :) If you cant fix it in 3 fills, get someone who knows what the hell they are doing :) thats what I say at least

ubooze
10-13-2002, 05:45 PM
LOL!

Thanks a lot. I thought that the scuba tank would be cheaper than a comp.

Well, for the idea that I would tinker soo much. The reason is that once I finish of a tank at home or try to tinker I can't get it filled again anywhere nearby and having my own scuba would be convenient but EXPENSIVE!

Mossman
10-13-2002, 06:48 PM
Well, once you finish off your tank tinkering you just pop it off and refill it.

Chicago is a big paintball area or so it seems, especially on this forum. I bet you could find a used scuba tank and fill station on this board. ALso, make sure you have a scuba shop semi-local, find out how much they charge for fills, if they have used stuff, etc.

AkaEnder
10-13-2002, 06:55 PM
On a more grand scale..

link 3 120lb nitrogen tanks together - cost: $150 each
then purchase a decent used compresor capable of filling up to 3000psi - cost: $1500
then you'd need a nitro booster - cost: $1500+
also a small compressor drive are to push the booster - cost: $150

then you got it! 4500psi fills for just under $4000 ;)

its definately cheaper to get 3-4 scubas and link them in line and get them filled for $5-10 at your local scuba or firestation.

-e

ubooze
10-13-2002, 06:58 PM
Do you guys by any chance know how I could link a few tanks? I sure don't know. I thought I say a site on this kind of stuff, but I can't find it.

I am trying to find how I can fill tanks for relitively cheap...like under 500 dollars.

Mossman
10-13-2002, 07:01 PM
Actually, while more time consuming, cascading will get you better fills than linking them all.

Like, you have a #1 scuba, #2, -#4 or whatever. You use #1 first, then go up the line. You get the most possible air, and your #4 scuba keeps at highest possible pressure, so you get near 3000psi fills for as long as possible.

You could get 4 scuba's and a fill station for under 500 bucks. Changing around the fill station could be a pain, but its a station for every tank, or a whole tank, it depend what your priorities are.

AkaEnder
10-13-2002, 07:38 PM
I would recommend cascading as well ;) If you dont want to mess with moving the fillstation off/on each tank though, you'll have to link them. The hoses and fittings you can find at a welding shop. Be sure to get hose thats rated for HIGH pressure.
You could get fancy with the link setup with some ball valves, and still cascade, but it'd put you over budget.

-e

xmetal2001
10-13-2002, 11:02 PM
Just cascade, its too much of a pain to link the tanks. Although it does look much cooler:D

madmatt151
10-14-2002, 10:23 AM
I would like to know how to cascade or link tanks? I mean do you just run all the lines together into one?