PDA

View Full Version : what to get

russ777
10-13-2002, 06:12 PM
Well i am thinking of getting a mag, but my friends are getting a cocker. I want to know if the mag and cocker are on the same playing field.

xmetal2001
10-13-2002, 06:17 PM
Its your first post so let me give you a tip on AO. Try a search for mag and cockers and you'll find billions of threads about this same thing. This is a VERY common question. Always search first, tons of stuff has already been mentioned on AO.

shartley
10-13-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by russ777
Well i am thinking of getting a mag, but my friends are getting a cocker. I want to know if the mag and cocker are on the same playing field.
Welcome to AO.

My Son and Wife both shoot Spyders, and when we are on the same field together, you could say that a Spyder and Mag are on the same playing field. ;)

But in all seriousness….. yes, and some would argue that Mags are BETTER. (Of course others would argue the opposite as well.) So yes, they could be considered in the same basic “class” of markers. I would however put my RT Pro up against any Cocker on any given day. It has never failed me and really requires no special care other than standard cleaning and oiling.

I am sure others will post what they think as well… read all opinions, and read through the forums, then decide for yourself.

Spray Painter
10-13-2002, 06:28 PM
well, you never know, cockers come with magical elves that make them shoot farther...;)

welcome to AO

shartley
10-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Spray Painter
well, you never know, cockers come with magical elves that make them shoot farther...;)
Sorry, that is wrong. Cockers do NOT shoot farther than Mags because of Elves. That is a myth propagated to sell more markers…. When in actuality it has nothing to do with the marker themselves….

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=481563

Spray Painter
10-13-2002, 06:43 PM
i have proof:
http://www.spectrashift.com/images/elves.jpg

Ov3rmind
10-13-2002, 06:43 PM
Shoot both. I know people who love one or the other, or even both (like me), but you wont know what you want 'till you shoot it. They can both be bought at the low end spectrum of guns and be upgraded to become performance monsters. You can basically make either gun fit your needs with a certain upgrade path (although, you have to admit that the Cocker can be a little more personalized). I can tell you right now though, both are excellent guns, and I'd recommend either.

EDIT: I find it kind of sad that it only took three posts to turn this thread completely away from what the thread starter intended, c'mon AO!

darklord
10-13-2002, 09:15 PM
having owned both (currently own a mag), I'd recommend the mag. 'Cockers are excellent guns, but you need to time them every time you upgrade them (a real pain to learn), and the upgrades for a 'cocker tend to be many in number and high in price.