PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Reactivity Question

SHAG
10-13-2002, 10:13 PM
Hi,

While making sure my gear was in order for World Cup, I noticed the Level 10s are quite reactive. I found with a bit of testing that if I reduce the output pressure from the Flatline, the valve/ Level 10 combo does not work. If I increase the pressure to the point where the valve works, the valve goes reactive. I am using an E mag in E mode. I reduced the input pressure off of my 4500 Flatline and reduced the CPS setting to 11 in the software. This helps somewhat.

My question is will the amount of reactivity that the valve produces create a problem at the World Cup or at any field that has an issue with R/T type triggers? The current trigger set up can really move paint in a hurry to the point it looks like I am in a reactive state. I would hate to see the team get penalized or the E mag deemed unusable since I cannot make it unreactive enough. Can any true AGD tech shed some light on this matter?

Thanks,
Alan

Tunaman
10-14-2002, 05:44 AM
If you can get it to fire more than 1 shot per manual trigger pull, it wont be legal. Turn down the input some so you ont have this problem.

SHAG
10-14-2002, 05:39 PM
Hi,

Tuna: not going to start anything with you. :) I did turn down the output on the tank. The thing I don't get is the fact the gun does not work or when the gun works it's really reactive. There is no range of output on the tank that will make the E mag valve "unreactive" and stable.

BTW, I should mention this E mag is my girlfriend's. My personal E mag I get a small range of pressure when the gun is just fast at 12 BPS and not reactive. Her E mag has none of this range or the range is that small and tight that it is nearly impossible to find.

Later,
Alan

Tunaman
10-14-2002, 06:10 PM
Slight tolerance issues may have a dramatic effect. I run mine at 1100 and its just sweet. You may need to lenghten your on/off pin a few thousandth's. Also, do you notice any sign of sear wear?

Clare
10-14-2002, 06:38 PM
Tunaman is right but you can't lengthen your on/off pin, you can only shorten it and that's not what you would want to do, though. Do you have any calipers? your on/off pin should be .712 and other things you want to check for is your trigger rod length (2.125), and your plunger rod length (3.010). Check that, that may solve your issues. You should have your input be around 900.

SHAG
10-14-2002, 07:55 PM
Hi,

Hey now Capo! With those fancy numbers :) yes I do own a set of calipers. I am going to talk to team captain. Maybe talk it over with AGD's booth. I got the trigger set to the point where it might look reactive and that is what I am concerned with. However some of it could be my fingers. For some reason I can really make an E mag fly. Then again I got a prolite for local rec ball and I can get some speed out of that. (Great finger exercise:) )

Later,
alan