PDA

View Full Version : first upgrades for mag

stussyo5
10-14-2002, 09:15 PM
i just got my self a 68 classic automag and i was wondering what the first things i should put on it are...with a low budget. and what the bast way to customize it is??

FooTemps
10-14-2002, 09:24 PM
low cost hpa should be first. A cheap 48/3000 or 68/3000 pmi or crossfire should hold you. If you're thinking of spending time on a good co2 setup go for alternative for lower end hpa tank. Lower end hpa tanks are about the same cost as really good co2 setups. Low end hpa tanks are also better than co2.

Smokee_2_7
10-14-2002, 11:11 PM
FooTemps is definitly on the right track with suggesting Nitrogen. A couple other things that I would recomend that you look in to:

1a. Motorized hopper Cost: Different ones range in price from about $50 to about $120.

Motorized hoppers are a must with any higher-end faster shooting paintgun. Decreases the number of misfeeds/ chops, and prevents 'dry fire' shots during a game resulting from a jam of paintballs up in the hopper.

1b. Barrel. Cost: ranges from around $40 to $200 (depending on what you're looking at.)

What kind of barrel do you have on the gun right now? Depending on what you have, looking into some aftermarket barrels may make your marker quieter, and could potentially match the paint you most commonly shoot better, resulting in better accuracy. Additionally, different materials and lengths can make your gun lighter or heavier.

2. Level 10 kit. Cost: Somewhere around $75-$85

( if you are having any problems with chopping paint that was not solved by the adition of a motorized hopper, look into this one. If not, I'd say put this one off for a little while until you feel that you need it.)

3. Gas- thru foregrip, or a foregrip of some type.
COST: anywhere from $15 to $45

-- this one is definitly a case of user-preferance. the posibilities are pretty much endless. By going with a gas-thru you have the ability to get the hose well out of the way from your hands, without having to run a larger loop of line. The other side of the coin is that some gas-thru grips are bigger than some of the non-gas-thru ones. Take a look through the thread entitled "official automag pictures" for some ideas.

4. Drop forwards. Cost: Anywhere from $20 to $100

Seting up your air system so that the marker is comfortable for you to shoot is very important. You need to see if you can try out several different types before you buy to make sure you are comfortable with it.

5. Trigger frame. Cost: around $115

First off let me explain why I gave a more exact price. There are SEVERAL options in triggerframes which will make the gun eaiser to shoot fast, and more comfortable to shoot. However, the absolute BEST one on the market (in my opinion) is the AGD intelliframe. The trigger pull is pretty much as short as you can get it without messing any internal components up. Blade triggers are an option.

I chose not to mention other trigger frames because, in my experience, none of the other aftermarket frames compare in performance. Additionally, I feel that you would be better off saving for the slightly more expensive intelliframe, as opposed to "getting by" for a while whith a cheaper frame, and then loosing that money when later you decide to move up to an intelli.

Looking and shopping around for these parts will also help give your gun that customized look. Most people decide on a color scheme, and try to match new parts to that, so the end result is a slick looking original marker.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and welcome to AO!!

Carl

FooTemps
10-14-2002, 11:14 PM
If you need a lower price try looking around at classifieds here. There's usually everything you need to upgrade a mag from people. You may not trust used stuff but almost everyone here is legit.