PDA

View Full Version : I know its Friendly corner stuff, but Chile is flooding

magman007
10-15-2002, 11:32 AM
Hey guys, i know this should be in friendly corner, but well, im kinda scared, and was hoping you would hear me out. If the mods dont feel this is appropriate, then go for moving it, it will prolly go any ways.

I am in the south of chile, and we are getting alot of rain. It is normal for it to rain here, but not this much. The 2 bigger cities about 100 km above us have flooded already. these cities are Temuco and Valdivia. you can see temuco on this map http://www.atlas.com/atlasbook/maps/ci-map.jpg

I am down inbetween puerto montt and Temuco.

Frankly im scared to crap. The Bridge to get out of our development, which is usually 30 feet above the water, is now olny 10 feet above the water, and it is rising. We live on high ground, but alot of our friends here do not.

I guess what im askling is for you all to keep an eye on the news, and keep us in the south in your preyers..... Thanks for reading

hitech
10-15-2002, 11:48 AM
Sure, however, I would suggest leaving before that bridge is under water. Better safe than sorry. Hope it never gets that far.

magman007
10-15-2002, 12:02 PM
trust me, after it gets to 5 feet, im leaving, and fast, either with or without my host family.... its really wierd tho, this is all from el niņo by the way, but in the days it goes sunny, down poor, normal rain, down poor, light rain, sun set, then down poor most of the night. Its really wierd.

The other thing that is wierd, is we dont seem to get thunder or lightning here, in all the storms we have hadm i havnt herd one crack, or seen one flash.... Can any one explain this?

xmetal2001
10-15-2002, 12:39 PM
The lightning thing is weird...Weather is tough to explain.

That flooding thing sounds really bad, hope everybody stays safe.

hitech
10-15-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by magman007
...we dont seem to get thunder or lightning here...

We don't here either. And as I understand it the coast of Chile is supposedly like here weather wise (not that I buy that ;) ). Stay safe.

Load SM5
10-15-2002, 02:42 PM
I'd like to say that in the event of an emergency those clear grips can be used as a flotation device....

Be safe...

magman007
10-15-2002, 03:53 PM
Great one load...except i had to sell them! so i will have to order a new pair of floatation devices soon!!!!!!

Thank you all for your concern, so far my family is safe, and its sunny right now, which means it will probabally down poor soon.....:(

Lone Brain Cell
10-15-2002, 06:51 PM
Send the rain west to the other side of the Pacific we have had NO rain for 12 months.

Bloody Allneno (sp?)

Havoc_online
10-15-2002, 07:05 PM
hope all goes well, dont panic and good luck.:(

magman007
10-16-2002, 03:36 PM
well guys, the cities are starting to dry out, we hope, but there is another high pressure system comming in soon......... the worst has probabally been the mud slides

ShooterJM
10-16-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by hitech
We don't here either. And as I understand it the coast of Chile is supposedly like here weather wise (not that I buy that ;) ). Stay safe.

Man. The thunder here sets off my car alarms easily. Crazy lightning too.

Magman, stay safe and tread water. ;)

beam
10-16-2002, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about a High pressure system...it's the Lows that can dump on ya. Good luck.

It is spring down there, right?

magman007
10-16-2002, 07:04 PM
yea its spring, but thr high prssure is bringing a storm... a big blue one, if i understood that correctly!

HoppysMag
10-16-2002, 07:11 PM
incase of floodin, sup air can be used as rafts... take a bunch of them and hook them together, make it a pyrimid so it cant be capsized....:D

stay safe, stay dry!

pbguy888
10-16-2002, 07:12 PM
Youre in my prayers:)