PDA

View Full Version : PJ Antron vs JT Pro-series

FordPrefect
10-15-2002, 08:47 PM
Hey, just got some cash to get new pants. I just want to open up discussion about getting Antrons or Pro-series. And, if you can, just post what you got 'em for. Thanks a bunch.

Ov3rmind
10-15-2002, 09:00 PM
DYE, and no regrets. Tough, ventilated, lightly padded, a nice amount of zipper pockets, and of course, stylish(it is DYE after all). Between those two though, last I heard, the Antrons cost an arm and a leg, so I'd probably skip out on those.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-15-2002, 09:02 PM
I feel the same way about Dye's...and I like the Antron's too...great pants...just a lot of money..but they're in a whole different class than the dye..so oh well...

FordPrefect
10-15-2002, 09:15 PM
I'm not really interested in the DYE's, because I have seen some at the field, and they don't look like they are for me.

Dayspring
10-15-2002, 09:54 PM
I like the JT Pro pants. I have the ones that zip off at the knees into shorts. Lots of pockets, really comfortable. I like. :D

blnk162
10-15-2002, 11:05 PM
Smart Parts Skid knee chigos are the best hands down.....

DarkPhoenix
10-15-2002, 11:06 PM
I like the JT Pro series pants so much I have three pairs:D ! I like the comfort of the pants, all the pockets (I sometimes lose things in them), and they convert into shorts, perfect for the end of the paintball day lounging!

pito189
10-15-2002, 11:43 PM
The JT's are what I have, and they are great.

Very durable, have the xtra padding sewn into the knees. I also have the zip off legs, and the zipper has yet to come undone while sliding. I play rough and they have held up beautifully. A great investment for anyone looking a durable set of pants.

Curly
10-16-2002, 12:20 AM
Well i tore up my pro series sliding last weekend. I decided to try some dye pants out. they are on the way. Other then the fact that the pro series got torn up they are awesome pants. Comfortable and the zip off featur is great for when you wear pads under your pants.

Load SM5
10-16-2002, 07:23 AM
The pro-series pants were great. But After tearing a whole the sized of a canned ham through one knee I found out that you can't purchase replacement legs. That kind of upset me a bit so I won't buy another pair, again. I have a pair of RASE Chigos and they're great for the price. I also use a pair of Redz. They are tough, comfy and look pretty good. The only thing I've found about the PJ pants is that they run short. Every pair I've ever worn has barely cleared my ankle.

JEDI
10-16-2002, 07:36 AM
I own the dye pants and the JT pro-zip. Being that you're not considering the dye pants I'd go with the JT pants. Flawless function, and comfort. Stretch crotch and reinforced knees are great (that sounds bad). Great pants though. OV3RMIND, where does your dye pants have zipper pockets? Mine don't. Two open hip pockets, and two velcro butt pockets

Mag pusher
10-16-2002, 08:13 AM
You should go fo the Antrons, they're just amazing. My team use them and just love them. We played the Campaign Cup in London last month, and 9 out of 10 games were on astro turf. Not a mark on them at all. The hip and knee pad inserts work like a dream, you dont need your knee/shin guards anymore. Call Mike at PJ and he'll take care of you.

agdemagman69
10-16-2002, 08:46 AM
We just got the ANTRONS to replace my JT pants.... and i must say that i like the JT pro series A LOT! m0re

FordPrefect
10-17-2002, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. I was reading another thread about the Animal Paintball pants, and they look pretty good. They have the reinforced knees, all the pockets you'd need, and even a goggle strap to hold your goggles by your knees when you aren't playing.

Has anyone used these/ heard stuff about them?

Ov3rmind
10-17-2002, 09:16 PM
OV3RMIND, where does your dye pants have zipper pockets? Mine don't. Two open hip pockets, and two velcro butt pockets
Now that I'm going over my pair, I don't see any zipper pockets, my mistake. I probably thought it had zipper pockets because I was remembering the zip-up fly:eek: . Anyway, brain fart, and thanks for catching it JEDI.

FordPrefect
10-17-2002, 10:52 PM
Overmind, "In shadows growing wings", what is that, AFI? You listen to that stuff?