PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for the AGD Lions

SteveD
10-16-2002, 02:59 PM
Due to a mix-up we didn't get an entry into the World Cup 5-man pro division. We can't even get into the Am division so we're grabbing one of the only available spots in the novice. Nobody on the team is too happy about this development but the tickets are bought, the hotel and cars are booked and we've already taken the time off so we're still going to Orlando.

Steve D
AGD Lions

ben_JD
10-16-2002, 03:02 PM
Wow, can you say Sandbag?

halB
10-16-2002, 03:06 PM
theyre letting you play novice?? wow, talk bout a slaughter waiting to happen

cphilip
10-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Doooooh! Dang it all!

:(

petefol
10-16-2002, 03:25 PM
i think its only fair that you send your winnings to a true novice like me

HoppysMag
10-16-2002, 03:35 PM
ya if you win stuff give it to newbs... dont give away like cash but if you get like cheaper markers or sumthin... i donno.

TigerMan
10-16-2002, 03:36 PM
Dang, if this is their fault I'd get them to give you a compensation of some sort, luckily you'll at least get to play in novice and not have it totally ruined.

Shirow
10-16-2002, 03:59 PM
Wow, that really sucks.. sorry to hear that Steve.

xmetal2001
10-16-2002, 05:11 PM
Going from Pro to Novice...hmmm...doesn't look good for the other novice teams.

That really sux about the mixup, but i had i feeling i would be hearing this after reading the pro teams that had entered on monday, and it said that was the last day possible for entry...

wes
10-16-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by HoppysMag
ya if you win stuff give it to newbs... dont give away like cash but if you get like cheaper markers or sumthin... i donno.

omg speaking of that somone have a nitrotank they could give me because im sort ofa newb and ogmogmgogom co2 is evil.....

;) ;) :D :D :D :) :( :confused: :mad: :eek:

ntn4502
10-16-2002, 06:20 PM
Your mad? How do you think the other novice teams felt?:D
But in all seriousness, sorry to hear it.

TRIAD
10-16-2002, 09:08 PM
The word "wompination" comes to mind

sniper1rfa
10-16-2002, 09:13 PM
"wompination"!?

speak for your own mind, buddy. ;)

"Dont let your mind wander, its much to small to be out by itself."
;) :D

Aliens-8-MyDad
10-16-2002, 10:25 PM
send me any winnings not claimed i am a ROOKIE i deserve it even more ;) hehe oh well rember one shot on the little guys (saying at my field for when we have to play with the newbies)

AutomagRT1483
10-16-2002, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear that. Don't hurt the newbies too bad

AGD
10-16-2002, 10:53 PM
It was my fault we both thought the other had made arrangements. Not the best outcome but we will just have to take what we can get at this point.

AGD

spazzed
10-16-2002, 11:21 PM
Sorry to hear about the mix-up guys :mad: Best of luck to you though.

RamboPreacher
10-17-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by SteveD
[clip]...so we're grabbing one of the only available spots in the novice. [clip] can you explain this? I assume that it means that you actually have a novice team. I only ask cause I have to play AM division, becuase I started playing tournaments several years ago, even though I have only played an average of one tourney every year since then (3 years ago).

mxracer33x
10-17-2002, 09:44 AM
really sorry to hear that you wont get to play in the Pro class. But what kind of organization will let a Pro team play in the Novice class? Im not the most up on Paintball Tourney rules and such, but in any other sport I can think of, the team would be disqualified for Playing/racing out of class.

I truly feel sorry for the true novice teams entered. Hopefully they will learn alot playing with a better team.

SteveD
10-17-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by RamboPreacher
can you explain this? I assume that it means that you actually have a novice team. I only ask cause I have to play AM division, becuase I started playing tournaments several years ago, even though I have only played an average of one tourney every year since then (3 years ago).

I can easily explain it. We were an AM B team in '98, '99 and '00. We played the NPPL 10 man tournies taking 2nd at the WC in '98, 1st at the WC and won the series title in '99 and then did only one NPPL in 2000 taking 2nd. After that we split off with some players going to the CenterFlag team and one to the Shocktech team. This year we reformed as the AGD Lions (with some new additions) and can play the novice division (formerly known as Am B) if we choose to (although we chose to jump into the pro division for the WC 5-man). We haven't done an NPPL tourney as the AGD Lions so we thought "why not jump in with both feet?" but we have no pro players on the roster. Hope that clears things up.

By the way, don't sell the novice teams short out there. There are some great teams playing in those ranks. Strange was still playing that division the year before last.

Steve D
AGD Lions

shartley
10-17-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by SteveD
By the way, don't sell the novice teams short out there. There are some great teams playing in those ranks. Strange was still playing that division the year before last.

Oh so true. To underestimate your opponent is a dangerous thing. Many times how a team is “placed” has little to do with how “good” they are, but how they have (as a total team) competed in the past. And you can never forget the “luck factor”….. any halfway decent team can get lucky on any given day.

I wish you all the best and good luck. Like I tell my Son when he plays football….. play each play as if it is your last, give it your all, and keep your head.

i-luv-my-rt
10-19-2002, 05:11 PM
Well said Shartley!!

Sorry to hear about this but it shouldnt effect you guys to much except for bragging rights. Just play your normal game and come out on top and come and brag on the boards about it. I'll try to watch you guys a couple games if possible and maybe if your not busy i will talk to ya. C-ya at the cup guys!!

FreshmanBob
10-20-2002, 07:16 PM
Oh well, I'm sure you will still have some fun. Anyway, Cup is astro turf an from what I hear after a few games on it you can just take 3 steps an slide your way to the 50 while shooting. That sounds fun..

MikePotter
10-22-2002, 02:21 PM
If you win anything cool, like mid-tourney level guns, let me know, ill take em off your hands for my team, or we might pay you for them

Manuel_FZR
10-22-2002, 04:38 PM
So ... too bad :( :o
But now concentrate (and really do not underestimate your opponents) and win the novice division!!! GO FOR IT!!!

bunkerking
10-23-2002, 03:21 PM
and you guys still didn't make the semis eh? Sorry to here that man. They ended with a prelim score of 436, and missed the cut. Better luck next year.

bunkerking
10-23-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by FreshmanBob
Oh well, I'm sure you will still have some fun. Anyway, Cup is astro turf an from what I hear after a few games on it you can just take 3 steps an slide your way to the 50 while shooting. That sounds fun..

Oh, and sorry to burst your bubble, but the games are not played on astroturf.

Pand0ra
10-23-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by FreshmanBob

That was at Campaign Cup :).
You could easily slide 6 or 7 meters with a good speed, and the grip (with the correct shoes) was still very strong. That was fun, a lot of fun :).

@++

BenD
10-24-2002, 05:50 PM
Have they played yet...

did they whoop up like everyone thought, or did they get dismissed as the weakest link?

bunkerking
10-24-2002, 09:10 PM
No, it appears that they played like crap. No disrespect intended. They only scored 436 in the prelims. Not too good for a pro team playing in the novice division. But sometimes you just have off days.