PDA

View Full Version : A JT Excellerator 6.0

ChaMeaLeoN
10-16-2002, 03:36 PM
Ok, well i need sum details, flame me if u want for askin this but is a JT Excellerator 6.0 any good ? i herd from like 2 people that they absolutely suck, but i cant be sure so tell me what you all think of it

shartley
10-16-2002, 03:42 PM
Any paintball marker that gets you on the field playing is alright in my book.

With that said, I would never buy a JT Marker, nor recommend them to anyone….any of them.

Are you one of my Son’s friends? LOL I get asked that question a lot. ;) There is nothing wrong with Walmart (I get paintballs there quite often) but these questions seem to always come from young teens who’s only access to paintball equipment is Walmart.

(Added: Welcome to AO.)

ChaMeaLeoN
10-16-2002, 03:50 PM
uhh no thank you, i do not shop at wallmart accaully i go to paintball wizard www.paintballwizard.com and my friend owns a paintball field i play there quite often www.friendlyfirepaintball.com

shartley
10-16-2002, 04:00 PM
Well, that is a good thing. :)

I have a friend that owns a paintball field too! ;) But I think her fields are set on 48 acres and not 14. ;) (Just messing with you. ;) But it is true.)

And I have my own field… now THAT is fun!

What other markers have you considered purchasing, and why? Also what is your general budget for your total marker setup? These things will help determine what marker would be best for YOU.

ChaMeaLeoN
10-16-2002, 04:07 PM
Well im currently looking at an impulse (which is in my favorites so far) an autococker (seems to be alot of bull**** involved, lot work) and the jt...so if i cant afford the impulse i will probly get the jt, there are a few bad reviews but alot of good ones... http://www.pbreview.com/1179/1/0/

shartley
10-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Have you even considered an AGD Marker? You are after all posting on a forum they own. ;)

I would seriously suggest looking at the classifieds here on AO and I am sure you can find a used Mag that will fit what you are needing and at a much reduced price over a brand new one. Also, I would suggest contacting Tunaman (here on AO) and give him your requirements and rough budget and see if he can hook you up.

I can tell you personally I would suggest an RT Pro. It is good that you are keeping your options open, but you may want to look into a good Mag.

HoppysMag
10-16-2002, 04:40 PM
hey a friend of mine used to play at friendly fire alot... but anyway welcome to AO.:D

ChaMeaLeoN
10-16-2002, 07:10 PM
yeah mag's are a little bit outa my budget :( i dont really want a automag classic, and the RT is too expensive, im looking for a decent marker from $400 and less.

InfinatyBPS
10-16-2002, 07:25 PM
I'm sure u can find a used rt with a tank for around $400 or mabe a retro...

xmetal2001
10-16-2002, 09:09 PM
I dont reccomend a Autococker unless you really know what your doing, and you seem a little new to the whole thing. They are way to complicated for my simple mind:D

Try a classic mag, they're great.
Or a spyder, not the best marker you'll buy but it works, and its easy to mantain.

I SUPPOSE you could get a tippman 98, but i dont like them, infact i REALLY dont like them, but thats just because of the whole Its impossible to hold it wihtout looking like a newb thing...

ChaMeaLeoN
10-17-2002, 12:56 PM
i already have a tippy 98, i have a all american barrel, and venturi bolt on it, but the tippmann's are a good beginner gun, but are not very great, as for the spyders they are the worst gun ever, all they do is break and i would never get one, as of now im tryin to sell my tippmann, and the cockers like u said, are very complicated, to much to deal with worrying about the timing then getting used to the firing. im kinda looking for an electro

lopxtc
10-17-2002, 01:01 PM
Impulses are great markers ... I loved my old one, and have thought several times about going back to one ...

You should be able to get a nice (non-vision) Impulse for ~$400 ... thats with a better barrel, and maybe some other low-end upgrades ...

Dont worry about the vision too much ... hell I found several times that I had played many games with the eye turned off ... fired flawlessly and never would have known the eye was off had I not been screwing around with it and pulled the trigger with no hopper on it ...

I would say get a basic impulse ... look into a delrin bolt, and an adjustable hinge trigger and you will be good to go ...

Aaron

shartley
10-17-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ChaMeaLeoN
i already have a tippy 98, i have a all american barrel, and venturi bolt on it, but the tippmann's are a good beginner gun, but are not very great, as for the spyders they are the worst gun ever, all they do is break and i would never get one, as of now im tryin to sell my tippmann, and the cockers like u said, are very complicated, to much to deal with worrying about the timing then getting used to the firing. im kinda looking for an electro
LOL

Spyders do NOT always break, sorry. My Wife and Son both use Spyders (Kim’s was brand new, and Jay’s was VERY used.) and neither have broken, or in fact had any problems at all. I find you saying that but asking about JT Markers very funny. :D

Are you SURE you are not one of my Son’s friends? ;)

RetroEclipseMan
10-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Yeah, the first gun I ever owned was a spyder. I tossed an expansion chamber on it with a bottom line and was good to go. I don't think I've ever had a problem with it. I took it outta my gear bag a few weeks ago just for the heck of it after not gassing it up for almost a year and a half and it worked as good as a spyder can, heck i didn't even oil it. If I were you and thinking about a jt excelerator and wanting an electro then i would have to say look for one of the kingman electros if you can't afford an impulse.

The quality between the excelerator and some of the spyder electros isn't much different and there's also more aftermarket parts for kingman guns where with the jt guns if jt doesn't make it then you're kinda stuck. Also if I were you I would trust what SHartley has to say since he does know what he's talking about.

P.S. I know a lot of this cause some of my friends that are still newbs own these guns

ChaMeaLeoN
10-17-2002, 06:15 PM
ok well, spyders suck. end of that, ask anyone there the cheapest markers, ur wife and son probly don't play hard, and i would never buy a spyder, i wouldnt take one if u GAVE it to me. JT's also suck, so now im looking at a m3 patriot, a PMI PROe, and the impulse

shartley
10-17-2002, 06:22 PM
ok well, spyders suck. end of that, ask anyone there the cheapest guns, ur wife and son probly dont even know how to shoot a gun, and i would never buy a spyder, i wouldnt take one if u GAVE it to me. JT's also suck, so now im looking at a m3 patriot, a PMI PROe, and the impulse
LOLROF I would bet that my Wife has been shooting markers longer than you have been even interested in the sport. She is also quite the shot. And my Son has played paintball since he was 8 (and he is now 13).

You must truly live a blissful life. ;)

Before you start running off at the mouth, it would do you well to first know what you are talking about, and second who you are talking TO. I have been nice so far, that has now ended…..

(Note the change in wording from his original post and what it now says. I guess he changed it before I actually posted my reply...... :rolleyes: )

ChaMeaLeoN
10-17-2002, 07:23 PM
yes i said that at first, but i noticed it was kinda rude, or i was being a dick, well im going to be playing in tourney's soon, so thats what i mean spyders just suck there not reliable.

FooTemps
10-17-2002, 07:37 PM
Actually, spyders are fairly reliable if you take care of them.

I myself have a mag and I didn't spend a penny for it. I'm serious... NOT ONE CENT... See how cheap mags can get? They can be as cheap as free*. Yes, lots of guns can go free as prizes or as gifts or as inspiriation.

Also, about your choice, you seem to have a HUGE gap between your choices. I mean, m3 patriot, pro-e, and other SPYDER CLONE blowbacks are extremely pale in comparison to the impulse. I notice you don't seem to want a mech gun either. I would suggest looking into one if you budget is 400. I mean, a mag setup can be nice at 400... 275 for the gun and 100 for the nitro and 25 for whatever. Same goes for the cocker. You can get a nice bottomline nitro setup for a cocker for 400 also.

*Thanks to tunaman AGAIN. Please, don't try to get a free gun from anyone as a way to get a free gun. I was tired of being held back by using rentals only... Sometimes parents are a pain but keep pursuing paintball.

Sinnet
10-17-2002, 08:21 PM
and by the way, the m3 patriot and the pmi proe have the same design as *gasp!* SPYDERS!

:D

RetroEclipseMan
10-18-2002, 11:35 AM
For some reason I think that he[ChaMeaLeoN] needs to become a little more open minded when it comes to this stuff, especially if he comes here and asks for the opinions of people that have been playing the game for quite some time and have done the research and know what the heck they're talking about.I mean he's probably seen some spyders at his field that have sucked but that's probably because they weren't taken care of but for the most part for what they cost they're a pretty decent gun. I mean there's a few guys at my field that sport spyders and these guys are pretty good players and I've never seen them have a problem with them.Still if i had a choice between a stock mag and a spyder I would go with the mag of course.

-=|MystryMoisture|=-
10-18-2002, 07:18 PM
I find it funny he hates spyders, but wantes a JT sear tripper-spyder-blowback-clone (same applies to pirahnas and dlack draguns, patriots etc) This guy obviously doesnt know what hes talking about, or ANYTHING about paintball markers, but wants to sound like he does...poor guy. And YES, chameleon, THEY ARE ALL IDENTICAL IN DESIGN TO SPYDERS :) well, mostly, so...bye

yeahthatsme
10-18-2002, 07:30 PM

yeah thats why a team shooting all tippmans keeps winning.....

and anyways with $400 you can make a tippy electric and put a low pressure kit in and probably get a cheap hpa tank. dont dis what you dont know. you obviously dont know what your talkin about and are just flaming now cus you cant make an intelligent comeback.

i have owned 2 spyders and have had no problems at all. maybe their not the best but for the price their hard to beat.

joeyjoe367
10-19-2002, 03:21 AM
yes i said that at first, but i noticed it was kinda rude, or i was being a dick, well im going to be playing in tourney's soon, so thats what i mean spyders just suck there not reliable.

Belive it or not, the whole Excellerator Series are all Spyder-Clones with silly goodies attatched to 'em. Electro-blowbacks are a Joke, In my oppinion.

...now I agree that you probably shouldn't go for a spyder, simply because of the fact that you own a model-98. They're about the same grade of guns, once again IMO.

Seeing that your budget is around $400, I think either a classic mag or an impulse would be a good choice for you. Both can run Co2 if you cannot afford a good nitrogen system.

oh... and btw... and be a bit more open minded. Question Everything; Even your own opinions.

...and why is this in friendly corner again?

cris8762
10-19-2002, 05:01 PM
If you get a impulse, the first things you should get are a solenoid optimizer (most likely a tapeworm because they're cheapest and still work good) and a adjustable trigger like the New Designz blade trigger, with those 2 upgrades you will have a rocking impulse!

HoppysMag
10-19-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme

yeah thats why a team shooting all tippmans keeps winning.....

and anyways with $400 you can make a tippy electric and put a low pressure kit in and probably get a cheap hpa tank. dont dis what you dont know. you obviously dont know what your talkin about and are just flaming now cus you cant make an intelligent comeback.

i have owned 2 spyders and have had no problems at all. maybe their not the best but for the price their hard to beat.

ok lets go by your reasoning.... almost all pros shoot cockers, so they are the best gun ever.:rolleyes: :D

ChaMeaLeoN
10-19-2002, 09:11 PM
yeh, i ment to say i have a 98 custom not a reg 98, yes as i said, spyders are unrelible, they break all the time and chop balls, and

Originally posted by yeahthatsme

and anyways with $400 you can make a tippy electric and put a low pressure kit in and probably get a cheap hpa tank.

i would do that but i really dont like the feel of the 98 customs or just 98's, now im for sure getting an impulse, thanx for all the feed-back

Coaster
10-19-2002, 09:19 PM
let us know how it performs in your tourney, good luck!

-Jôker-
10-20-2002, 03:04 PM
dude spyders are good reliabe cheap guns... i shot one (the same one to) for about a year and a 1/2 and never took it apart and cleaned it i just dropped some oil in it and went off... without spyders a lot of people would prob never started playing pb with their own gun so quit disrespecting the gun that helped me get on my feet and many others in the sport of paintball! :mad: