PDA

View Full Version : Second reg on mag!

Cornmuffin87
10-16-2002, 08:29 PM
okay, me and my friend have an ongoing argument about regulaters and xchambers. He says an xchamber is pointless (im running co2 on my mag, yes i know dont even comment) and that i should get a palmer reg. Now, i would agree with him, except for the fact that i have a mag...Heres my theory, now correct me if im wrong : the stock reg on a classic mag valve is going to be a bean machine (just follow along, it will make sense.) Now, this bean machine produces 4 beans EXACTLY when beans are input into it (equivelant to the 450 or so psi of the reg). Now, when u place beans into the machine, you need more than 4 beans because one may be smaller than normal, so it is safer just to put in lets say 8 beans (the recommended output of atleast 850 into the reg). But, no matter how many beans you put into the machine, granted there is an adequate amount of input, the machine will always make 4 beans. So placing another machine (palmer reg) in between the 8 input and the other machine (valve reg) will take it down to lets say 6 beans (600 psi). You put these 6 beans (600 psi) into the second machine (valve reg) and you still get 4 beans. SO in conclusion, (if you followed that) a second regulator on a mag is pointless, cuz no matter what, your output is always gonna be 4 beans/400 or so psi, correct?

pbguy888
10-16-2002, 08:35 PM
Im confused:confused: All this been talk is makin me kinda hungry...

Cornmuffin87
10-16-2002, 08:39 PM
lol sorry, kinda made it up on the fly, just look at it carefully, it makes sense, trust me :D

DirtRider
10-16-2002, 09:10 PM
how you explained isn't what made me see that 2endary regs arn't good. (in most cases) It strangeled my mag, i could only shoot about 30 fps, yes, 30! it sucked, so now i just put on a foregrip. if your running co2, i'd advise getting an exchamber. just to make sure you don't freeze up.

LittMag
10-16-2002, 09:44 PM
The Palmer reg will do more than just work with the pressure, it will keep liquid CO2 out of your marker. but for the price of the Palmer you could just get a cheapo HPA setup.

Coaster
10-16-2002, 10:54 PM
you should keep in mind that NO reg is perfect, therefore, it will NOT be 3 beans. It may be 3.3 , but it will not be the same every time. This is why a regulator does help. For example, here is a dual regulated set up(co2). Single regulation: if the pressure of CO2 flucuates 150psi in one day. Since the AIR reg is fairly consistent i can conservatively say that if the input pressure changes by 50psi the output pressure will ALSO change, in this case by 1 psi(i am assuming, but do not know, that the AIR reg has a 50:1 ouput to input ratio). So, over the course of the day it will flucuate 3psi - i am not sure how much FPS change this is but you will clearly see the change with dual regulation. Dual Regulation: CO2 flucuates 150psi during the day, the inline regulator. The inline regulator, being fairly consistant, will have a 30:1 output to input ratio. So, the PSI output from the inline will flucuate ~5psi throughout the day. Next, the air goes into the AIR valve(which has a 50:1 ratio)since the input pressure changes by 5 psi, the ratio can be set up as - 5:(3/50) change in PSI output throughout the day.

The consistency of a dual regulated system(that i described above) will be approximately 30 times more consistent as a single regulated CO2 mag.

As you can see, your theory is cleary flawed in that any variation in beans in your theory is rounded off to the nearest whole number.

razamatraz
10-19-2002, 04:04 AM
the palmer would help you run CO2, but I understand what you're saying. Basically all you're saying is Mag's already have a reg unlike cheap Spyders so who need another one tho drop the pressure first.

The bean machine although amusing was kind of dumb.

IF you put a reg in front of the mag reg you may be choking off flow, but a Palmer Stabilizer will definately help with CO2 fluctuations and liquid problems. Like the other guy said, if you're going to buy a Palemer reg you might as well put the cash into a preset HPA tank. Double regs there too, but 850 into the mag.

joeyjoe367
10-19-2002, 04:57 AM
Couldn't you just gut the A.I.R. and run straight from the palmers? I've heard about this being done, and that the Palmers can run 20cps without much problemoes...