PDA

View Full Version : Jooyyyy! New toy!!

spazzed
10-16-2002, 11:24 PM
Just got a Sig P229 .40 cal.... Very nice gun!! I had it narrowed down between it & gov't edition Colt .45... But in the end, the enormous weight difference and the fact that my grandfather has a couple colts that I can play with, sold me on the Sig... I don't have pics, hell, I don't even have a link, I'm just hella-excited!!!

*EDIT* I found a pic... Here ya go (http://w1.221.telia.com/~u22104255/p229.jpg) Mine is the black one, sans engraving. Nice little gun :D

Another (http://www.sigarms.com/apps/cmt/img/P229BLUEDBIGHR.jpg)

Last one!! (http://www.sigarms.com/products/classiccompactsize-models.asp?product_id=39&product_name=P229)

FrAuStY
10-17-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by spazzed
Just got a Sig P229 .40 cal.... Very nice gun!! I had it narrowed down between it & gov't edition Colt .45... But in the end, the enormous weight difference and the fact that my grandfather has a couple colts that I can play with, sold me on the Sig... I don't have pics, hell, I don't even have a link, I'm just hella-excited!!!

First,
I don't know if I should be happy for you or scared OF you. "my grandfather has a couple colts that I can play with". Hopefully you're a responsible gun owner, and have taken at least one gun saftey course. Another thing, I hope SAFTEY is your primary concern!

Second,
Yes it's a very nice gun. I like sig as their products have been associated with saftey as most of their guns have built in saftey feautures other than the "external" saftey switch, such as the trigger saftey (gun won't fire unless trigger is actually pulled) Some guns if you were to inadvertantly drop the firearm and it were to land on the hammer they may actually discharge. Sig's however you have to have some pressure on the trigger for that to happen and droppping it won't do so.

I was looking into getting the SIG.357 as you can get an extra barrel that would allow you to shoot SW.40 and Sig .357 using the same magazine. Anyway nice gun.. please be careful and don't ever use the term pistol/rifle and FUN/PLAY in the same sentence.. just doesn't look safe ;)

spazzed
10-17-2002, 02:32 PM
Sorry for misleading you frausty! I'm still caught up in the excitement of it all & didn't think about the context of my words.

1.) I've been shooting all my life, I know gun safety courtesy of the aforementioned grandfather ;-)

2.) All around, sig's are very nice guns. Lots of great features, all sorts of upgrades, etc.

Needless to say, I'm a VERY happy camper, still!

Tony Arrivo
10-19-2002, 11:23 PM
Have fun....But don't shoot the gophers!

someday they'll have their day

oldsoldier
10-20-2002, 07:57 PM
Sigs are nice...I,however, own a glock 21, and am now looking to purchase a beretta M92F. Shot one quite often over the past year, and, although I am a .45 man, like the feel of the Beretta. Besides, I reload, so its not like I have to spend all that much more to shoot.

RRfireblade
10-20-2002, 08:07 PM
Sigs are excellent guns,congrats.I have more than a few myself.Don't get sucked into to many upgrades,I've been through pretty much everything availaible for Sigs and besides grips(personal choice)they are pretty much best stock.

Just my thoughts,

Jay.

spazzed
10-22-2002, 11:17 AM
I doubt I'll do too much upgrading. I've already got Hogue's on it... I might fiddle w/ the trigger a bit, perhaps a new hammer. We'll see.... Of-course there's always a laser sight, pressure mounted, of-course *snicker*