PDA

View Full Version : snowboarding Qs

adam68c
10-17-2002, 01:30 AM
Since Im in CO for college I decided to get a snowboard and was wondering what was a decent cheap set up. Im looking at a vision speedway board I think lamar MX-20 bindings and liquid HotRod boots. Anybody ever here of these. Are they any good? The price for everthing is 300$. Does that sound like a good deal? any advice would be apreciated.

ShooterJM
10-17-2002, 10:15 AM
SNI A GRAB baby! It's a huge sale by Gart Sports! Last years models, etc. I've seen $1500 set ups go for like $280. Call em up and see if it's still going on.

EDIT: Lamar and Liquid are both good from what I've been told.

bobbybobinson
10-17-2002, 03:12 PM
look into "the house" brand boards nice flex nice price. get some nice boots though man go for last years boots in certain sizes for like 80 bucks. all at the house
thehouse.com i blive if not try searching.
gotta throw down for my sponsor.
bob

Ityl
10-17-2002, 05:05 PM
look for last years stuff, it's usually pretty cheap and good stuff. I'm not on top of all the best stuff, my bro is, I just go down the hill :-D

Hemlock86
10-17-2002, 09:54 PM
I got my Elan for $275. Its a $570. deck. I found it from a dude at the shop who won it in a competition. You should be able to find someone selll stuff cheap in CO.

JEDI
10-18-2002, 02:27 PM
Adam, that sounds like a good package deal. I payed close to 300 for my boots alone.(its not necessary)But out of all your gear, your boots are the most important. Good fitting boots make all the difference. Most bindings will keep your feet on the board, and even an undersized or oversized board (not recomended) will get you down the hill. Your boots should be the BEST ones you can afford. Think of it this way though. Should you buy cheap and upgrade a year later, or go a little expensive, and keep it for two or three years. Hope this helps!