PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought

Creative Mayhem
10-17-2002, 01:30 PM
IF you have any food for thought, or words of wisdom, post it here. Some AO'er may read it and become smarter, more intelligent, or just go crazy with laughter. I'll get you started....

If 7/11 is open 24hrs, why do they have locks on the doors?

C Mayhem

FrAuStY
10-17-2002, 02:30 PM
Why do we have braille on DRIVE-UP ATMS?!?!

theraidenproject
10-17-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by FrAuStY
Why do we have braille on DRIVE-UP ATMS?!?!
Someone (I forget who) told me they actually saw a blind woman come out of the passsenger seat, go around the car, and withdraw money from an ATM, so in very few cases, I guess it makes sense.

Here's one for ya: Why do we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?

Creative Mayhem
10-17-2002, 03:59 PM
WOW I never thought about that one b4...

Another for ya.....

If you eat dinner on a round plate, can you still call it a square meal?

or

If nothing sticks to teflon, how does teflon stick to the pan?

FrAuStY
10-17-2002, 04:26 PM
Here's a good one I thought of while reading a bottle of mildew remover.. USE IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA! Well don't you think...if it was well ventilated... I wouldn't have mildew?

magman007
10-17-2002, 04:34 PM
Hate to be the party pooper, but tefflon sticks to the pan after it is heated to extreme temperatures.... My uncle works for a tefflon coater..... ITs really cool!

HEres one.... IT was my old sig.... Society percieves anarchy as a threat to order, when true anarchy is a means to restore natural order...Peace.

If ignorance is bliss, then some one smack the smile off my face

If i think there fore i am...Am i just a thought?

SlartyBartFast
10-17-2002, 04:43 PM
Why do Americans drive on Parkways and park on Driveways?:D

To be serious though, the Braille on Drive up ATMs is easily explained. They're the same machines as those used elsewhere. No need to redesign to remove braille or have the trouble of having duplicate parts.

What gets me is Braille on signs on walls. Just how exactly are they supposed to find the sign?:p

pito189
10-17-2002, 05:16 PM
Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets???

EvanD270
10-18-2002, 08:58 PM
who closes the door after the bus driver gets off :confused: :confused:

FordPrefect
10-18-2002, 10:21 PM
I don't know if this happens elsewhere, but there is a sign on a local Jewel store that says "Open 24/7, closed Sunday"

joeyjoe367
10-19-2002, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by EvanD270
who closes the door after the bus driver gets off :confused: :confused:

actually the busses here have a little switch hidden by a little trap-door... you pull that and the doors will open/close.

...I always thought that this was a bit odd, cuz you could just pull the thing while no-one's around... and I don't think that they take any sort of key to start the thing.

...wouldn't know what you'd do with a bus tho :P

Creative Mayhem
10-19-2002, 09:29 AM
PARTY!!!! And However AO members we could fit on it, would be invited. Can you say road trip?

That's what I'd do anyway........

C Mayhem
AKA Purple Wang

oldsoldier
10-19-2002, 09:34 AM
Dont shower with power tools.